Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Old Friend

What was your first/earliest memory of...

I am like rcs29. 87 tournament. I had uncles at Purdue at the time. My whole family is a Purdue family on my dads side. My dad, aunt, and two uncles went to Purdue. I remember being with my grandparents watch most every game that year in the tournament. I was hooked and my family was pissed at my grandparents.

Edit: Anybody that knows me on here knows my grandparents had season tickets to IU games. Without them I don’t know how I would have ended up. Grandma was diehard PU fan cause of her kids, but grandpa taught us right.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

First legitimate memory was at Hoosier Hysteria when AJ Guyton was still. Came up and gave a high five to my brother and his friend. But we also went to a couple of Atheltes in Action games back when that was a thing. I born a Hoosier but 2002 did get me hooked more than anything. Was raised on Knight basketball though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I vaguely remember watching Damon Bailey, must’ve been his senior year, 93-94. I would’ve been 5. First really specific memory is asking my dad why Brian Evans cut out of bounds on the baseline all the time, specifically at AH, so 6 or 7.

1987 Final 4 vs UNLV on my dad's lap in the recliner while my 3 brothers were laying on the floor and everyone yelling a lot. There is a photo somewhere to verify this. I was a couple months short of 5 years old.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I was about 7 months shy of 5 but I do remember my dad over this game right here

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

21 hours ago, Demo said:

Earliest really clear recollection is from the ‘73 Final Four game against UCLA. Steve Downing gave Bill Walton all he wanted. I was 11. Have a lot of earlier memories than that of the Pacers. Not sure why that is.

That's mine also.I remember some real bad offensive foul calls on Downing fouling him out.I think TV Teddy watched and used that game as a model for calling the IU Duke final four game.