Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

I tend to agree with LIH and Doc that 4 captains seems a bit much but apparently it's not without precedent at IU so if we can replicate that squad I'm good with it.

Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier

I believe the last time #iubb had four captains -- Cheaney, G. Graham, Nover, Reynolds -- 1993. Pretty good squad.

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I tend to agree with LIH and Doc that 4 captains seems a bit much but apparently it's not without precedent at IU so if we can replicate that squad I'm good with it.

Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier

I believe the last time #iubb had four captains -- Cheaney, G. Graham, Nover, Reynolds -- 1993. Pretty good squad.

So this fit the state of our culture in 1993 under Knight?

12 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

4 captains for a 15 player roster has a 'You Get a Car, You Get a Car' vibe.

When I played basketball in high school, we usually had 3 captains for a roster of about 10-12 players. 

Although I have doubts about Archie Miller's ability to lead a Big Ten basketball program, I don't think there's anything unusual about this. 

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So this fit the state of our culture in 1993 under Knight?

I don't think its a big deal either way but there are always exceptions to rule.  Heck, maybe its even a good thing to share the pressure, but it is my experience that these type of decisions are more common now than 20 years ago.

I like it if it happened organically, otherwise not so much.

Brunk and Durham being the old vets with Phin and Thompson upperclassmen taking over next season. It’ll be more interesting to see who steps up as a vocal leader as games are played.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 10/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, IUc2016 said:

And Watford is listed on the 2nd team.

I would love to see TJD play well enough to be Big Ten's Player of the Year, but it will take a lot considering Garza also plays in the Big Ten.  I think Garza would need to trip up pretty severely or suffer an injury to fall off the perch.  It's nice to read others making the claim TJD is a potential player of the year candidate though.

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think Jordan Geronimo's going to become a very exciting player for us.

Coach Clif Marshall @ClifMarshall

NBA scouts ask me about this measurement 1st. Not the vertical jump, not the bench press, but the wingspan. Specifically in relation to the players height. This player is 6’6 with a 7’1 wingspan.

So, 6’6”, 220, +7 wingspan, 40+ vertical and he JUST turned 18. That looks absurd in print. The kid is a lab experiment.

I think Jordan Geronimo's going to become a very exciting player for us.

Coach Clif Marshall @ClifMarshall

NBA scouts ask me about this measurement 1st. Not the vertical jump, not the bench press, but the wingspan. Specifically in relation to the players height. This player is 6’6 with a 7’1 wingspan.

EkfRxonXEAAlPuE?format=jpg%26name=small&key=b7b155b7feed4b30c539fdc68f558a0b6b2c41895a90cf11127b798350b7b968

Question I have, why is he hugging the wall? Is there a co-Ed shortage I am unaware of at IU?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Question I have, why is he hugging the wall? Is there a co-Ed shortage I am unaware of at IU?

On a more serious note, he should be fun to watch in Candy Stripes. I hope he is who we thought Justin Smith could have been.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

On a more serious note, he should be fun to watch in Candy Stripes. I hope he is who we thought Justin Smith could have been.

His wingspan AND attitude are reported to be off the charts.

That’s a fantastic combination. He’s raw, so he’ll have to develop consistency, but he’s gonna be a good one.

His wingspan AND attitude are reported to be off the charts.
That’s a fantastic combination. He’s raw, so he’ll have to develop consistency, but he’s gonna be a good one.

Sure seems that way. This team SEEMS to have A+ character.

Would love for them to have overflowing success.

TJD is already one of my favorite Hoosiers. He’s just a great, chill dude. I like everything about him.