Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

See who changed numbers, what numbers are the freshmen wearing, who gained and lost weight, how is the roster distributed across classes and positions, how many players are from Indiana, and much more.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-new-numbers-weights-position-and-scholarship-distribution-and-more-on-the-updated-2020-21-roster/

Always the discussion about lighting, having pumped up, etc., but still........................there's no denying that beard!

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Always the discussion about lighting, having pumped up, etc., but still........................there's no denying that beard!

https://images.app.goo.gl/bQzy967RwK1Btxyx5

EgsYL_dX0AoUM5B?format=jpg%26name=large&key=5fa8c6db9a953451ba823d93d07f67d635422041d13dee4bc9e09b26ca7251a5

Coach Cliff getting those boys their Freshman 15

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not a huge believer in bulletin board stuff, and you have to consider the source -- I pretty much consider Andy Katz a doofus. But I hope TDJ posts this somewhere ...

Not saying that TJD needed to be in top 10 returning players (although I think he is), but Geo Baker? the dude averaged 10.9 points and only shot 39% from the field. He arguably isn't even a top 10 returning player in the BIG nevertheless the entire country. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not a huge believer in bulletin board stuff, and you have to consider the source -- I pretty much consider Andy Katz a doofus. But I hope TDJ posts this somewhere ...

You know what they say ... "Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one." Wins and losses, however, are irrefutable.

I'm an idiot (which most people who know me already realize) ... I didn't really even check the names and schools, I just noticed that TJD wasn't included. But since the B1G Network tweeted this and Andy Katz works for said network, I thought it was referencing the B1G's top 5 returnees -- I didn't realize it was the entire nation. Maybe TJD is a national top 5 returnee, maybe not. But I definitely would think he'd be considered one of the Big Ten's top 5 coming back. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm an idiot (which most people who know me already realize) ... I didn't really even check the names and schools, I just noticed that TJD wasn't included. But since the B1G Network tweeted this and Andy Katz works for said network, I thought it was referencing the B1G's top 5 returnees -- I didn't realize it was the entire nation. Maybe TJD is a national top 5 returnee, maybe not. But I definitely would think he'd be one of the Big Ten's top 5 coming back. 

I know plenty of idiots. You're not them!

Not saying that TJD needed to be in top 10 returning players (although I think he is), but Geo Baker? the dude averaged 10.9 points and only shot 39% from the field. He arguably isn't even a top 10 returning player in the BIG nevertheless the entire country. 

I think it is laughable that he has Remy Martin on this list as well. Yeah he averaged 19ppg last season but it was in a very weak PAC12

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 8/31/2020 at 1:49 PM, LamarCheeks said:

I'm an idiot (which most people who know me already realize) ... I didn't really even check the names and schools, I just noticed that TJD wasn't included. But since the B1G Network tweeted this and Andy Katz works for said network, I thought it was referencing the B1G's top 5 returnees -- I didn't realize it was the entire nation. Maybe TJD is a national top 5 returnee, maybe not. But I definitely would think he'd be considered one of the Big Ten's top 5 coming back. 

He's good, but I think a lot of our fans over-value him. 

Indiana has paused all voluntary workouts indefinitely for members of its men’s basketball, field hockey, men’s soccer and wrestling programs after 14 participants tested positive during COVID-19 testing this week. #iubb

Rabjohns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana has paused all voluntary workouts indefinitely for members of its men’s basketball, field hockey, men’s soccer and wrestling programs after 14 participants tested positive during COVID-19 testing this week. #iubb

Rabjohns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Boo.

Sadness.

Have seen a couple social media items -- nothing official -- that Damon Bailey's father was killed and his mother seriously injured in a motorcycle accident last night. I can't find any confirmation, so I hope it's not true. But if it is, prayers to Damon and his family. 

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Have seen a couple social media items -- nothing official -- that Damon Bailey's father was killed and his mother seriously injured in a motorcycle accident last night. I can't find any confirmation, so I hope it's not true. But if it is, prayers to Damon and his family. 

https://www.wthr.com/article/sports/local-sports/father-of-indiana-basketball-legend-damon-bailey-killed-in-motorcycle-crash-mother-injured/531-5b2b20ed-013b-4a06-a9d1-cbf42c104e6e#:~:text=— The father of Indiana basketball,a motorcycle he was riding.