Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

Would be a great test of Archie’s core belief on pace, ‘cause that’s a track team right there. The idea of a lineup with Hunter as a trail 4 is almost more than this old heart can stand.

Archie wants to run on offense.  One of the inspirations for his offense is the Steve Nash era Suns 

2 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

It is fun to fantasize about the best scenario case. But it unlikely that Trayce Jackson Davis is in staying in college for a 3rd year (unless the entire season is cancelled). Also, if Mohammed comes to IU one of our guards is likely to transfer due to projected lack of playing time.

cool. 

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

Would be a great test of Archie’s core belief on pace, ‘cause that’s a track team right there. The idea of a lineup with Hunter as a trail 4 is almost more than this old heart can stand.

Kaufman is also destined to be a pretty good trail four.

The primary variable in that dream lineup is the reasonable expectation that TJD is gone after this year.

If so? A lineup of Phinisee, Lander, Mohammed, Kaufman, and Thompson is a top 25 set for sure IMO. The lineup with TJD is easily top ten IMO.

Big news I’d always suspected but never seen reported. Lander is still only 17 which means he won’t be eligible for draft next year.  He’s here for two years.  Here’s hoping Trayce is good for three

Age would also be a factor in TJD’s decision for a third year. He is old for his grade. He will be 21 in February. Staying a 3rd year would put him in the draft as a 22 year old junior. In my opinion I say enjoy TJD this year because I see no way he stays at IU for a third year. I’m guessing IU is planning like he won’t be there as a junior

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Age would also be a factor in TJD’s decision for a third year. He is old for his grade. He will be 21 in February. Staying a 3rd year would put him in the draft as a 22 year old junior. In my opinion I say enjoy TJD this year because I see no way he stays at IU for a third year. I’m guessing IU is planning like he won’t be there as a junior

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6787E08E-9322-4FFB-8A96-1A6EC8F90C8E.jpeg

As the topic seems to be on TJD, has there been any sort of video or tidbits on any improvements from him in shooting and his shooting range? Would love to see him being able to step out a bit and nail a jumper this coming season. I’ve been out of the loop a bit but was curious of any progress made in that regard.

Just now, kreigh8 said:

As the topic seems to be on TJD, has there been any sort of video or tidbits on any improvements from him in shooting and his shooting range? Would love to see him being able to step out a bit and nail a jumper this coming season. I’ve been out of the loop a bit but was curious of any progress made in that regard.

Not sure of any video. Reports are that his shooting has been his focus in order to help stretch the floor. 

19 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

There was a video shared back in the late spring, maybe in May, of him in an open gym. He was playing full 5-5 and was hitting quite a few jumpers. I know it was highlights, but it was more than he hit all last season. Not sure where the video is though

On 7/29/2020 at 9:51 AM, Brass Cannon said:

Big news I’d always suspected but never seen reported. Lander is still only 17 which means he won’t be eligible for draft next year.  He’s here for two years.  Here’s hoping Trayce is good for three

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I’m pretty sure just have to be 19 in the calendar year of the draft. So if he turns 18 in November, he’d be eligible for next years draft because he’d be a year removed from HS and turning 19 in that calendar year. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I’m pretty sure just have to be 19 in the calendar year of the draft. So if he turns 18 in November, he’d be eligible for next years draft because he’d be a year removed from HS and turning 19 in that calendar year. 

He was born in 2003 which means to be 17 he’s already had his birthday this year. So your not bursting anything. But I did learn that after that post. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He was born in 2003 which means to be 17 he’s already had his birthday this year. So your not bursting anything 

Ok, so he just turned 17 this year? 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep.  I’d been told his birthday was in February. But have never seen that confirmed. But found his birth year listed as 2003 a few places so it makes sense. 

Well, that’s good news. Thanks for clearing that up!

Race is such a favorite of mine. He just plain understands how to play—sets screens , passes well, defends the post and perimeter, physical without fouling. 

If he can get a ‘keep em honest’ jump shot he’ll be so so valuable, and I think he has the form to do it.