Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/oklahoma-state-center-yor-anei-transferring-after-cowboys-postseason-ban/

Thoughts on such a player to transfer to Bloomington?  He would be eligible for two years.  A big man with experience in a major conference.  A great defensive player.  Should Archie at least reach out to see if there's any interest?

42 minutes ago, ray said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/oklahoma-state-center-yor-anei-transferring-after-cowboys-postseason-ban/

Thoughts on such a player to transfer to Bloomington?  He would be eligible for two years.  A big man with experience in a major conference.  A great defensive player.  Should Archie at least reach out to see if there's any interest?

Sit a year and then be ready on a roster after TJD and Brunk are gone? Freshman Duncombe may not be ready? I would think that's a perfect fit.

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Does he have to sit since they got punished.  Feel like he could get a waiver 

I could get on board either way (sitting or not) but it might be better for IU if he does. Who was the last real rim-protector we had? Jeff Newton?

Sit a year and then be ready on a roster after TJD and Brunk are gone? Freshman Duncombe may not be ready? I would think that's a perfect fit.

Would definitely be on board but it doesn’t seem like the program puts too much effort in with transfers. Outside of Brunk who’s from the Indianapolis area, haven’t seen a whole lot in that area. Not gonna get my hopes up :(

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 6/18/2020 at 9:06 PM, Hardwood83 said:

I could get on board either way (sitting or not) but it might be better for IU if he does. Who was the last real rim-protector we had? Jeff Newton?

Here’s a stat that keeps me up at night:  before his injury his sophomore year, De’ron Davis averaged 1.5 blocks while playing less than 19 minutes per game.  He was going to be really, really good until he got derailed.

Here’s a stat that keeps me up at night:  before his injury his sophomore year, De’ron Davis averaged 1.5 blocks while playing less than 19 minutes per game.  He was going to be really, really good until he got derailed.

I 100% agree. I watched a game when he was a Freshman a couple weeks ago and kept wondering what if as I was watching his play. Similar to Maurice Creek

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I actually thought before he got hurt -- when he could run and move and jump freely -- that he showed some pretty nice moves around the bucket, too. 

I actually thought before he got hurt -- when he could run and move and jump freely -- that he showed some pretty nice moves around the bucket, too. 

Yes, it’s one of the more sad careers I can remember. Great guy. Old fashioned game. I think even with limited athleticism he could have been really good. Glad he stayed a good guy and a Hoosier through it all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes, it’s one of the more sad careers I can remember. Great guy. Old fashioned game. I think even with limited athleticism he could have been really good. Glad he stayed a good guy and a Hoosier through it all.

Hate to turn this into something it’s not, but I always think when people try and compare Holtmann and Archie, how different are the past 3 years if De’Ron is healthy and as good as  or close to Kaleb Wesson? Both were inherited players (Wesson was an inherited recruit), but Wesson clearly has been the main cog for OSU the last 2+ years. 

Interesting Q and A from Alex Bozich with Lance Stemler.    Lance:  "...It’s funny how things work out, but I was 95 percent sure I was going to go to Marquette and play for coach (Tom) Crean.'

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/06/q-a-lance-stemler-talks-iu-career-kelvin-sampson-and-the-tumultuous-2007-08-season/?fbclid=IwAR3se-UYwcBDaAlwFKFcxtixwA5ftXWFFc_pSqkuLCzBRmW-twKYuazKmiA

Seeing some disturbing stuff that Jerome may be in a hospital for unknown reason.   
EeBFrYQWAAA7rom?format=jpg%26name=large&key=34f09ef9e4308f44f72b62e46b744f1e79ddd95a483a082f3764bd4f454d345b

Saw this as well. I hoping with as hush-hush as his previous health issue was, this may be more routine considering he’s putting it out on social media. Sam Story is tweeting something about dental/ENT experiences related to his surgery.