Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

Yeah, I mean that’s exactly how they act. I have never seen an NBA draft a player and completely change their position for the NBA. Again just a true representation of reality here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What? TJD is a 5. He is one in college and he is one in the NBA. The physicality of the Big Ten shouldn’t be an issue. Zeller, Vonleh and Bryant all handled it pretty well. TJD should be able to as well.

What? TJD is a 5. He is one in college and he is one in the NBA. The physicality of the Big Ten shouldn’t be an issue. Zeller, Vonleh and Bryant all handled it pretty well. TJD should be able to as well.

Obviously he is a 5 in college. I mean I have never seen him play the 4. How dare me speak untruths and not pigeon hole him to appease your reality. But I am sorry I did forget all of the players you mentioned played under Archie Miller. I mean they had the same exact role to a T that TJD currently play. I mean isn’t it so obvious?

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

JaQuan Lyle is graduating from New Mexico and looking to Grad transfer(for reals). I’m probably the only person here who would take him but anyone wonder if he will try to get back into the big leagues?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

JaQuan Lyle is graduating from New Mexico and looking to Grad transfer(for reals). I’m probably the only person here who would take him but anyone wonder if he will try to get back into the big leagues?

Pretty amazing. I remember that recruiting saga pretty well. He was the tip of the Iceberg at UL.

Pretty amazing. I remember that recruiting saga pretty well. He was the tip of the Iceberg at UL.

He had a decent year at New Mexico. 14.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.6 apg, 43% FG, 50% 2FG, 35.6% 3FG, 74.6% FT on 4.3 attempts. He was their leading scorer.

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He had a decent year at New Mexico. 14.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.6 apg, 43% FG, 50% 2FG, 35.6% 3FG, 74.6% FT on 4.3 attempts. He was their leading scorer.

4.6 assists per game ... nice!

4.1 turnovers per game ... YIKES! (for reference, DGreen's worst year was 2.3 tos per game)

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There isn't a percentage in me that wants JaQuan Lyle. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

4.6 assists per game ... nice!

4.1 turnovers per game ... YIKES! (for reference, DGreen's worst year was 2.3 tos per game)

He only plays where he's allowed to play however he wants to is allowed. 

2 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Man, that was hard for this dumb redneck to read. I had to go over it five times before I got it, I think?

Dude I was the same way typing it lol 

Bosse is a free for all, still is. 

17 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Not sure where to put this, but the WIC is now named after Bill Garrett, which I personally think is awesome. One of the things about IU that we should be proudest of is the breaking of the unwritten color barrier in the B1G as the first black starter and not just a sub.

Meanwhile, decades later at UK, Tom Payne...*cringe*. 

From what his family always said it was an act of both person growth and personal pride for coach McCracken. 

I think Growing up in the age of knight I was one of a select few that also heard talk of the 40, 53 teams because my first basketball camp was played in Branch McCracken Gymnasium. 

39 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Not sure where to put this, but the WIC is now named after Bill Garrett, which I personally think is awesome. One of the things about IU that we should be proudest of is the breaking of the unwritten color barrier in the B1G as the first black starter and not just a sub.

Meanwhile, decades later at UK, Tom Payne...*cringe*. 

It'll always be the hper to me no matter the name. Cool of them to do though.