Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

Right... because we have 3 dudes who should be taking the majority of the 4-5 spot in TJD, Thompson and Hunter, who raise our ceiling way higher than Brunk playing a bunch. Best case scenario we have TJD playing 30mpg, Thompson playing 25 at the 4, Hunter playing 15 at the 4 and 5-10 at the 3. Brunk playing 10 at the 5. That gives us our best chances with better offensive lineups, better defensive lineups and much more athletic lineups.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Do you think that will truly happen? Step outside of your bias of Brunk. Do you see that happening? I don’t. Archie has been consistent on how he has taken TJD off the 5. TJD is not playing 30 minutes at the 5. That just will not happen. Race will play some minutes at the 5 as he did last year. TJD will as well. Brunk will still play around 20 mpg. Possibly more.

Do you think that will truly happen? Step outside of your bias of Brunk. Do you see that happening? I don’t. Archie has been consistent on how he has taken TJD off the 5. TJD is not playing 30 minutes at the 5. That just will not happen. Race will play some minutes at the 5 as he did last year. TJD will as well. Brunk will still play around 20 mpg. Possibly more.

I don’t think it’ll happen and I think it will really hurt our ceiling as a team and will hurt Archie. TJD, Thompson and Hunter gives us a greater shot at contending for a B1G title than TJD and Brunk playing 20 minutes together.

I don’t think it’ll happen and I think it will really hurt our ceiling as a team and will hurt Archie. TJD, Thompson and Hunter gives us a greater shot at contending for a B1G title than TJD and Brunk playing 20 minutes together.

Well I highly doubt Brunk and TJD play every second Brunk is in the game but extremes haven’t stopped you so far.

TJD and Race Thompson played very well together during the last several games and it was never clear who was playing the 5 and who was playing the 4. Those two are interchangeable at those two positions. Brunk can only play the 5.

Yes and I am sure we will see them on the court together a lot.

Well I highly doubt Brunk and TJD play every second Brunk is in the game but extremes haven’t stopped you so far.

Obviously not every second. But any second with them together on the floor is a negative when there are better combinations. I want to see a lot of Thompson/TJD, Hunter/TJD, Hunter/Thompson at the 4/5 spots. And Hunter/Thompson/TJD at the 3/4/5. I think seeing lineups with Al/Hunter/TJD would be cool to see. Archie can throw in plenty of good small ball lineups and also big but athletic lineups. Brunk is a good backup at best. Not sure how when he came to IU he became a starter when he couldn’t even start on a bad Butler team the year before.

Obviously not every second. But any second with them together on the floor is a negative when there are better combinations. I want to see a lot of Thompson/TJD, Hunter/TJD, Hunter/Thompson at the 4/5 spots. And Hunter/Thompson/TJD at the 3/4/5. I think seeing lineups with Al/Hunter/TJD would be cool to see. Archie can throw in plenty of good small ball lineups and also big but athletic lineups. Brunk is a good backup at best. Not sure how when he came to IU he became a starter when he couldn’t even start on a bad Butler team the year before.

Because he was better than Davis? Ok cool you brought up he is good backup. That’s what his minutes show!!! Just because he is on the court to start the game doesn’t mean he is finishing. He is a 7 and 5 guy that did what he could in the time he was given. Not sure what you expected but he is exactly doing the role you suggest.

Because he was better than Davis? Ok cool you brought up he is good backup. That’s what his minutes show!!! Just because he is on the court to start the game doesn’t mean he is finishing. He is a 7 and 5 guy that did what he could in the time he was given. Not sure what you expected but he is exactly doing the role you suggest.

The point is that he should NEVER be on the floor with TJD.

It is actually very possible. And a good coach can pull it off.

Not if said coach is protecting TJD by splitting his time at the 4 and 5 to maximize the length he can stay in the game. But expect another year of Brunk doing what he is supposed to while being a vocal leader in the game, all the while you just don’t understand why...

Not if said coach is protecting TJD by splitting his time at the 4 and 5 to maximize the length he can stay in the game. But expect another year of Brunk doing what he is supposed to while being a vocal leader in the game, all the while you just don’t understand why...

Protecting him from what? He’s going to be playing center in the NBA. Why can’t he in college?

Protecting him from what? He’s going to be playing center in the NBA. Why can’t he in college?

From getting in foul trouble and the constant banging in the B1G with the questionable officiating. When teams were physical with him it tended to take him out of the game. I know you think life is a video game and everything is plug and play. It just doesn’t work like that. The most productive TJD in college is splitting time between the 4/5. That TJD will give us 30+ minutes and potentially be an all league and maybe better. His position flexibility gives us lineup options and versatility. I know you don’t understand that and you want to fit everything in a square box. It’s just not reality. There will be times when TJD is the 4 on offensive sets where either Race or Brunk are the 5. Probably half of the time he is in the game. I suspect he will spend more time this year at the 5 than he did last year. That’s where I guess he will spend half of his time there. It’s not all or nothing as you want to paint it. It’s just not the reality of the situation and it’s completely understandable. Brunk is a leader. Go to a game in person and sit close enough to see the interaction and communication. Tell me then he isn’t important and will not get his minutes.

From getting in foul trouble and the constant banging in the B1G with the questionable officiating. When teams were physical with him it tended to take him out of the game. I know you think life is a video game and everything is plug and play. It just doesn’t work like that. The most productive TJD in college is splitting time between the 4/5. That TJD will give us 30+ minutes and potentially be an all league and maybe better. His position flexibility gives us lineup options and versatility. I know you don’t understand that and you want to fit everything in a square box. It’s just not reality. There will be times when TJD is the 4 on offensive sets where either Race or Brunk are the 5. Probably half of the time he is in the game. I suspect he will spend more time this year at the 5 than he did last year. That’s where I guess he will spend half of his time there. It’s not all or nothing as you want to paint it. It’s just not the reality of the situation and it’s completely understandable. Brunk is a leader. Go to a game in person and sit close enough to see the interaction and communication. Tell me then he isn’t important and will not get his minutes.

If he can’t handle playing the 5 only, then he needs to stay all 4 years. The NBA won’t be calling.

If he can’t handle playing the 5 only, then he needs to stay all 4 years. The NBA won’t be calling.

Yeah, I mean that’s exactly how they act. I have never seen an NBA draft a player and completely change their position for the NBA. Again just a true representation of reality here.