Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

Honestly excited to see if he is the same Justin Smith at his next stop. I expect him to devour smaller less talented teams and be humbled by like talented squads.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He showed in games we needed him. Big steals, big offensive rebounds, big blocks.

I feel ever so slightly better with Brunk and TJD on offense if Smith isn’t around.  Slightly. The combination of those three offensively wasn’t practical.

And the offense will probably be humming with Brunk on the bench... kind of like it did in some of the games at the end of the year.

And the offense will probably be humming with Brunk on the bench... kind of like it did in some of the games at the end of the year.

It’s ok Loaded Chick. I’ve never been a big fan of his game myself either.

Brunk starts.  Take it to the bank.  Does Brunk finish?  Not with the game on the line.  Archie will go with more versatile players to finish.  Start of not start he will play the same amount of minutes.

Joey Brunk will start at the beginning of the season. It is doubtful Brunk averages the same amount of playing time as last season should Race Thompson play as well next season as he did at the end of last.

Joey Brunk will start at the beginning of the season. It is doubtful Brunk averages the same amount of playing time as last season should Race Thompson play as well next season as he did at the end of last.

Or if Archie figures out he doesn’t need to be on the court for 20 minutes.

We lost 40 minutes between Smith and Davis. Smith was not mainly at the 3. Brunk will play the same level of minutes he played last year with Race gaining at least 10 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And Archie can easily find 10 minutes for him to play to give TJD a break.

And Archie can easily find 10 minutes for him to play to give TJD a break.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense he would go to 10 from 20 when losing 40 minutes from other players. I mean that’s totally unbiased and is completely logical while rooted in common sense.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense he would go to 10 from 20 when losing 40 minutes from other players. I mean that’s totally unbiased and is completely logical while rooted in common sense.

Right... because we have 3 dudes who should be taking the majority of the 4-5 spot in TJD, Thompson and Hunter, who raise our ceiling way higher than Brunk playing a bunch. Best case scenario we have TJD playing 30mpg, Thompson playing 25 at the 4, Hunter playing 15 at the 4 and 5-10 at the 3. Brunk playing 10 at the 5. That gives us our best chances with better offensive lineups, better defensive lineups and much more athletic lineups.