Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB - 2020 Off-Season News

Hopefully we can snag a grad transfer who's capable of providing serviceable defense in the front court for at least 10 mpg.

If we don't, we may see TJD, Race, and Brunk get really tired by the end of the B1G season.  I worry about Hunter guarding 4s unless they're undersized as well.

Georgia bound perhaps? 

I think this is a loss for us. Smith wasn’t good on offense, we know this. He couldn’t stretch the floor and his mid range shot selection sent me back to 2004. But, his defense was super as well as his presence with his length and rebounding. 

his experience and defense will clearly be missed. This is now Hunter and Races’ time to shine. My lineup next season? 

Rob / Al / Franklin / Race / TJD

25 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

I wonder if CAM knew this was going to happen or not?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I for one believe he did expect Smith to leave and maybe Archie's even sighing with a little relief that he is leaving.   Hopefully he'll find what he's looking for.  Maybe he and Nojel Eastern could offer themselves as a package deal.

I do have to offer Justin a tip of my hat to be a scholarship athlete and still meet the necessary requirements to graduate in 3 years.   That is no easy task and he does deserve congratulations for the effort that required

4 minutes ago, J_Smiff said:

Called the candy stripes pinstripes smh lol

It's also Kelley -- guess IU didn't have that big of an impact on him! 

Regardless, to get a business degree there in three years is no small feat. There's no question he's a bright dude. 

Lander off the bench until February, then Phin off the bench. Al at the 2. Franklin at the 3. Race and TJD 4-5. Hunter, Leal and Brunk off the bench. Galloway/Geronimo for emergencies. 

This definitely opens the door a lot more for Franklin and Hunter. Franklin was already a good defender, I think he can help offensively way more than Smith did. Really excited to see if he takes advantage of the opportunity and becomes a big part of the team this year.

Start of the season:

Phinisee

Al

Franklin or Hunter

TJD

Brunk

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm sorry to see Justin Smith go. He has NBA athletic ability. He just seemed unable to develop a reliable outside shot--that one game against Michigan State in 2019 notwithstanding. I suspect he just needs a change in scenery.   I suspect it will be difficult for him to find a truly better situation, however. IU could be pretty good next year and playing on a good team is the best way to get noticed by pro scouts. We'll see. Good luck to him.

17 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

For a guy that was a straight A student and graduate in 3 years to not know how to spell Kelley School of Business and to call our warm ups pinstripes is a bit odd

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have a feeling Justin Smith is the type of straight-A student that teachers are happy to no longer have to deal with.