Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SF Alex Karaban to UConn

New Hampton's season was scheduled to start last weekend but COVID issues at Brewster Academy caused a cancellation.  New Hampton's season is scheduled to run on Fridays/Saturdays through the 3rd week in March.  Tonight New Hampton is at Proctor and tomorrow Proctor visits New Hampton.  That's how the whole season is set up.  Back-to-back games one at home; one on the road.

Barring last minute COVID developments, Karaban's season opens at 5:30 today at Proctor Academy and the game should be available at:  

On Saturday at 3:30 New Hampton hosts Proctor and that game can be viewed on the New Hampton Men's Varsity A link:  https://www.newhampton.org/quick-links/nhs-live

Game was such a mismatch but I liked what I saw in Karaban.  He's listed as 6'7"; has a good body for a high school junior and jumped center.  He runs the floor really well and played good man defense.  Teams played 16 min. halves with a 30 sec. shot clock.  He only played 11-12 min. in the first half and only 8 min. in the second half.  Halftime score was 39-19 and the final was 87-32 in favor of New Hampton.  I had him with 23 pts. on 10-15 FG; 2-6 on 3s; 1-1 FT; 2 reb; 6 asst; 2 stls; 2 TO.

This afternoon's re-match of last night's mismatch against Proctor was an even bigger mismatch as New Hampton won 101-60.  In the first 4 minutes of the game, Karaban scored 8 pts; had 3 reb; 3 assts and 2 stls.  He played a total of 21 minutes  finishing with 21 pts on 9-13 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 3-4 FT; 10 reb; 5 asst; 4 stls.  He has excellent court vision and can easily finish at the rim with either hand.  And as I mentioned in the previous post, he runs the court very well and plays good defense.  Next weekend, New Hampton will play Kimball Union and hopefully KU will be a more competitive game for Karaban.

Tonight's game against Kimball Union was not a game to watch.  It was sloppy by both teams from the opening tipoff.  Karaban finished with 17 pts. on 6-17 FG; 2-7 on 3s; 3-3 FT; 8 reb; 2 asst; 2 stl; 3 blk; 2 TO.   From the comfort of my recliner, I thought he really got mugged on a couple of his drives to the bucket but no foul was called.

These same two will play again tomorrow at 4:00 with the game streamed at:  https://www.newhampton.org/quick-links/nhs-live

Don't know if Karaban is an alpha dog or not but in tonight's game, he was clearly a floor general directing players and leading the discussion in player huddles.

Saturday's rematch with Kimball Union wasn't as sloppy and New Hampton (4-0) won 75-66.  Karaban with 25 pts. on 7-17 FG; 1-6 on 3s; 10-11; 8 reb; 2 asst; 2 stl; 3 blk; 2 TO.  Next week New Hampton plays St. Paul's (Jordan Geronimo anyone) who is also 4-0.

I haven't been able to find any stats for his '19-20 season other than he averaged 21.4 ppg over 32 games.  Through 4 games this season he's averaging 21.5 ppg on 53% FG but only 23% on 3s (5-22).   He's hitting 89% on FT (17-19).

Crystal ball for IU this afternoon. 6/10 confidence.

Note: The guy who picked us is 37/37 in his picks.https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Alex-Karaban-at-New-Hampton-School-246351/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Alex is #74 composite nationally, and is a pure-@$$ shooter with fantastic academics. He’d be an incredible get.

Anyone starting to notice that Archie is going hard after shooters? Parker, CJ, Alex K.

Crystal ball for IU this afternoon. 6/10 confidence.
Note: The guy who picked us is 37/37 in his picks.https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Alex-Karaban-at-New-Hampton-School-246351/CurrentExpertPredictions/
Alex is #74 composite nationally, and is a pure-@$$ shooter with fantastic academics. He’d be an incredible get.
Anyone starting to notice that Archie is going hard after shooters? Parker, CJ, Alex K.

CJ is a shooter?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Karaban says he talks to both Archie Miller and Mike Roberts regularly.  On average he is hearing from someone from IU once or twice a week.  He said he “definitely” feels like the Indiana staff is making him a priority right now.  The other schools that fall into that category currently are Providence, Creighton, Virginia Tech and Stanford according to Karaban.  Full story below.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2022-forward-alex-karaban-talks-development-recruitment-and-indiana/?fbclid=IwAR0ORxZekxhU1TG_BYsMxNQk46K4nMOYaX-jm0oaXI5SIw2mPWzMxgU90i0

8 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Karaban says he talks to both Archie Miller and Mike Roberts regularly.  On average he is hearing from someone from IU once or twice a week.  He said he “definitely” feels like the Indiana staff is making him a priority right now.  The other schools that fall into that category currently are Providence, Creighton, Virginia Tech and Stanford according to Karaban.  Full story below.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2022-forward-alex-karaban-talks-development-recruitment-and-indiana/?fbclid=IwAR0ORxZekxhU1TG_BYsMxNQk46K4nMOYaX-jm0oaXI5SIw2mPWzMxgU90i0

Thank you for sharing!

Well, for whatever reasons, neither of Karaban's weekend games were apparently streamed.  New Hampton won both games 82-70 on Friday night and 90-65 on Saturday.  In Friday's game Karaban was New Hampton's leading scorer with 23.  In Saturday's game he finished with 18 points and given the margin of victory likely didn't play that many minutes.   Those are the only stats I have for his weekend.  Next Friday and Saturday New Hampton plays Brewster Academy and hopefully those games will be streamed.