Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - SF Alex Karaban to UConn

Relentless Hoops:  Alex Karaban is averaging 25 PPG at Southern Jam Fest and just went off for 32 to advance to the semifinals. It’s been the same story every step since his freshman year. Always gets the job done and constantly improves. Quiet killer. 

Also had 7 rebounds and his 32 pts. included 5 - 3's

I've seen several other positive comments on Karaban's play this weekend.

Likely the most efficient player I scouted this weekend. I saw him play in all 4 of his games for @ExpressionsBall & @AlexKaraban  knows what he can do & doesn't try & do what he can't.  Doesn't turn it over, take bad shots or commit silly fouls.  DOES hit shots, D-up, pass & handle

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Named Gatorade POY in New Hampshire.

I think we might be out of the running on this one. When Mike Robers left IU stopped recruiting him. Or so I have read elsewhere

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think we might be out of the running on this one. When Mike Robers left IU stopped recruiting him. Or so I have read elsewhere

For the past four years every falling out with a top 100 recruit has felt like a gut punch.  Just a short time into Woody's tenure and my reaction is so be it...we have several great options on the table.  Refreshing!

Adam Zagoria  -  UNC, Michigan, Minnesota, Butler, Indiana, UConn, Iowa, Virginia Tech, Stanford, DePaul, Northwestern, Vanderbilt among those watching @AlexKaraban  this weekend in AC.

Alex Karamanos  -  Alex Karaban (@AlexKaraban) has so many levels to his game. Knocked down a couple threes so far, used his post game to score efficiently, and put the ball on the floor and made plays.