Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

You clearly didn't read my post to its entirety.  I'm not even going to try when it comes to poop like this.  You clearly have the means to research yourself.  And I'm definitely not going to be apart of your own decisions of whatever you decide regarding your own personal health.  You be you.  Have a good day kind sir.  

Geeze.  A guy asks for research links and gets this.  If you have them, post them.  The interweb is a big place with lots of information and misinformation.  And as I have said several times, I have no issue with masks.  I just want to use them as a measure to open places up.  

Georgia was one of the states that opened up early and to some a little aggressively. How long until we can gauge the impact?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Georgia was one of the states that opened up early and to some a little aggressively. How long until we can gauge the impact?

I would think within a month or so. Do we know in spite of what the governor has done on restrictions what Georgia actually looks like? People I work with around Atlanta said it’s still quiet and mostly empty. I think we are going to see that in a lot of places. They may open back up. Doesn’t mean people will go back out. I hope it goes well tbh. Analysts in my organization are acting like it will be well into 2022 and possibly 2023 before unemployment goes below 10%. If that’s the case the economy is what it is for 3-5 years with slow incremental growth at best. I feel bad for people in their 50’s getting ready to retire. This could push that back for 10 years for some.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In related news; Richard Burr, the Senate Intelligence Chair that liquidated a large portion of his portfolio after receiving privileged information is stepping down after an FBI issued a warrant and seized his phone.  A warrant they received after issuing a warrant to search his iCloud, which means they found enough information on his iCloud to convince a federal judge that they also needed his physical phone.  Frankly, good; all the senators involved should resign from office.  Granted he'd just be pardoned for being "treated so unfairly" if it results in charges; because you know, being held accountable for breaking the law is unfair.

If they're issuing warrants for Burr I wonder if/when they look at Loeffler; she did the same thing as did her husband who works in stocks.

I would think within a month or so. Do we know in spite of what the governor has done on restrictions what Georgia actually looks like? People I work with around Atlanta said it’s still quiet and mostly empty. I think we are going to see that in a lot of places. They may open back up. Doesn’t mean people will go back out. I hope it goes well tbh. Analysts in my organization are acting like it will be well into 2022 and possibly 2023 before unemployment goes below 10%. If that’s the case the economy is what it is for 3-5 years with slow incremental growth at best. I feel bad for people in their 50’s getting ready to retire. This could push that back for 10 years for some.

I have heard the same, that while open, people were making limited excursions out. Hopefully that is true and will show that just because a state is going to open we can generally trust people to be smart.

I saw this stat yesterday and it helped show how hard this is impacting folks who make less than $40k/year. For those people 40% have lost their job.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/3502DA8C-95EE-11EA-A1C7-E090B731C98D

While many of those are probably in a food or similar service industry, hopefully we will see some new jobs created in the manufacturing sector. 2 of my customers pre Covid said they could not find workers.

29 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

In related news; Richard Burr, the Senate Intelligence Chair that liquidated a large portion of his portfolio after receiving privileged information is stepping down after an FBI issued a warrant and seized his phone.  A warrant they received after issuing a warrant to search his iCloud, which means they found enough information on his iCloud to convince a federal judge that they also needed his physical phone.  Frankly, good; all the senators involved should resign from office.  Granted he'd just be pardoned for being "treated so unfairly" if it results in charges; because you know, being held accountable for breaking the law is unfair.

If they're issuing warrants for Burr I wonder if/when they look at Loeffler; she did the same thing as did her husband who works in stocks.

And Feinstein. Round them all up. Ridiculous what these politicians get away with!

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There were two others as well. Can’t recall them. Think everybody but Feinstein was up for re-election. 

Burr, Loeffler, Ihofe, and Feinstein were the four senators involved.  Feinstein, the only Democrat of the 4, was questioned by authorities but from what I've read that's as far as it's gone with her so far.

Burr is only stepping down as chair, he's still on the committee.  In dollar amounts Loeffler and her husbanded actually liquidated more than Burr did.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Burr, Loeffler, Ihofe, and Feinstein were the four senators involved.  Feinstein, the only Democrat of the 4, was questioned by authorities but from what I've read that's as far as it's gone with her so far.

Burr is only stepping down as chair, he's still on the committee.  In dollar amounts Loeffler and her husbanded actually liquidated more than Burr did.

Yeah your right. David Perdue was also implicated in the shadiness. Don’t know the full extent though. 

2 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Geeze.  A guy asks for research links and gets this.  If you have them, post them.  The interweb is a big place with lots of information and misinformation.  And as I have said several times, I have no issue with masks.  I just want to use them as a measure to open places up.  

Again, final time, and a little more bluntly, do it your effin' self.  I've found folks doing there own leg work and researching on their own is a lot more productive and self rewarding.  Most importantly, if you don't believe me, I'm cool with that too.  It's your own personal health, not mine.  You be you.  Have a good day kind sir.  

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah your right. David Perdue was also implicated in the shadiness. Don’t know the full extent though. 

I thought the questions around Perdue were about a sweetheart deal he got after he was elected.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I thought the questions around Perdue were about a sweetheart deal he got after he was elected.

Maybe that too.  Clearly a classy dude. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-david-perdue-bought-stock-company-producing-ppe-after-briefing-2020-4%3famp

This article is a month old. Not sure what’s happened then. My non political aunt hates him though. She literally got into politics because she hates him so much.  She lives in Georgia btw 

F Corona Virus and F crooked politicians and other crooked, no good SOBs.

That’s all I got.

**** them all. I hate politics because we typically are choosing the 1,000,000th string players to represent us. How crazy would this board be if Archie and Co. could only recruit the 1,000th best player in the state?!

34 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Maybe that too.  Clearly a classy dude. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-david-perdue-bought-stock-company-producing-ppe-after-briefing-2020-4%3famp

This article is a month old. Not sure what’s happened then. My non political aunt hates him though. She literally got into politics because she hates him so much.  She lives in Georgia btw 

Didn't see that one.  Nothing to see with him, nope not at all.

56 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Again, final time, and a little more bluntly, do it your effin' self.  I've found folks doing there own leg work and researching on their own is a lot more productive and self rewarding.  Most importantly, if you don't believe me, I'm cool with that too.  It's your own personal health, not mine.  You be you.  Have a good day kind sir.  

I have done it.  Just interested if you have anything new to add.  I guess not.  

A gentle reminder;

This thread is (broadly) Coronavirus and it's impact. I understand that allegations of politicians insider trading on virus news is tangentially connected. On the other hand, turning the board into a political pissing match isn't a great idea. 

55 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

**** them all. I hate politics because we typically are choosing the 1,000,000th string players to represent us. How crazy would this board be if Archie and Co. could only recruit the 1,000th best player in the state?!

No worries there; Grant Gelon is out of eligibility.