Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

39 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

What did I miss?  ABC and CBS are now considered non-moderate?  Ducks as both sides come screaming why it’s the other side.

NONONO!!

ABC and CBS are SOOOO BEHOLDEN TO THOSE RIDICULOUS LEFT WINGERS/RIGHT WINGERS!!!!!!!

If you want truly accurate and fair news you MUST GO TO FOX/CNN!

;)

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think even people say, "the media," it really refers to a specific group. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, TYT, Vox, HuffPo, NYT and others on a national scale with massive budgets and clear motives. You could even throw Fox News in there. 

Pretty funny how Fox News was an after thought in your post.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

NONONO!!

ABC and CBS are SOOOO BEHOLDEN TO THOSE RIDICULOUS LEFT WINGERS/RIGHT WINGERS!!!!!!!

If you want truly accurate and fair news you MUST GO TO FOX/CNN!

;)

Lol I didn’t know that was such a crazy thing.  Apparently I was wrong?  I guess by his definition everyone has a nefarious intention.  As a moderate it is pretty easy to notice bias.  Guess I just don’t see it versus other outlets he brought up.  Oh well.  If people feel they are bias I am guessing there isn’t a lot of tv watching in their homes.  I would be shocked if they watched Fox, CNN, etc. if CBS and ABC are considered bias lol.  

1 hour ago, Napleshoosier said:

Go to Epoch times ! To get the real stuff !

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Falun Gong aspires to enable the practitioner to ascend spiritually through moral rectitude and the practice of a set of exercises and meditation. The three stated tenets of the belief are Truthfulness (, Zhēn), Compassion (, Shàn), and Forbearance (, Rěn).[36]

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Falun Gong aspires to enable the practitioner to ascend spiritually through moral rectitude and the practice of a set of exercises and meditation. The three stated tenets of the belief are Truthfulness (, Zhēn), Compassion (, Shàn), and Forbearance (, Rěn).[36]

If they were missionaries
Real-time visionaries
Sitting in a Chinese stew
To view my dis-infatuation
I know that I'm a classic case
Watch my disenchanted face
Blame it on the Falun Gong
They've seen the end and you can't hold on now

-Guns N Roses 2008

Louisville just threw three players off the soccer team for organizing a party. I for one applaud that and think there needs to be a deeper discussion about players getting scholarships if they are going to do something that puts them at risk of not playing their season which is why they are getting free college in first place.

I know if I were being paid to work from home and didn't actually do my work or did something to jeopardize my work getting done that I am being paid to do, I would stop getting paid (this scenario is hypothetical other than working at home which I am doing but seems relevant).

I feel a sports scholarship is similar in a lot of ways and if the players want free education they need to do everything they can to participate in the activity/sport that is giving them their free education. Organizing parties and participating in them is going to prevent that from happening so why should universities be paying for their free education if what they are doing is jeopardizing the reason they are there for free in first place?

I get we are in a pandemic and normal students party but normal students pay for their education. I know this is harsh, but to me the reality is if you get any kind of scholarship or free education (whether athletic or not) and do something to jeopardize that, you lose the scholarship.

I know this is a tough issue and I am curious everyone's thoughts on if they think it is OK for athlete's to party given the circumstances this year while taking free money and scholarships that prevents them from playing sports which is reason they are there in first place? Vice versa do we just need to live with the fact that kids are kids and will party and given the tough time, colleges should still pay their education given it would be OK to party in normal times and the pandemic is not their fault?

I lean towards the former but understand both arguments and was curious what everyone else thought?

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

So it’s been 13 days since I got tested and still no results. So basically getting tested was pointless. Idiots nothing but idiots in charge. 

Look at the bright side.  If you were positive, your quarantine period is nearly up and I'm assuming you're not exhibiting any obvious symptoms.

So it’s been 13 days since I got tested and still no results. So basically getting tested was pointless. Idiots nothing but idiots in charge. 

That stinks. My father n law got tested again today at the VA and got results back already. Negative again thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Given that it is taking over two weeks to get test results, how accurate are the statistics coming out? There could be more positives out there, which obviously is bad. There could be more negatives out there, which would make the positivity rate would be lower, which is good. I know certain labs are prioritizing patients and patient-facing medical employees, but two weeks for a result is essentially useless to the general population. 

Does anybody else have the feeling we are playing without a full deck of cards?

19 minutes ago, Chips&Dipo said:

Given that it is taking over two weeks to get test results, how accurate are the statistics coming out? There could be more positives out there, which obviously is bad. There could be more negatives out there, which would make the positivity rate would be lower, which is good. I know certain labs are prioritizing patients and patient-facing medical employees, but two weeks for a result is essentially useless to the general population. 

Does anybody else have the feeling we are playing without a full deck of cards?

They aren’t accurate which is what they want. 

7 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

Lol. I won’t comment!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yet you did and had nothing to offer. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

At the risk of over-generalization, I believe that far too many testing and protocol issues are attributed to bad intentions, when the real cause of most testing and protocol issues is...

incompetence.

This is kind of where I am.  People make stupid mistakes all the time so testing issues can easily just boil down to humans being humans; there can be different moving parts all with human error involved.