Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any patience I had is officially out this is beyond ridiculous how the hell are you gonna pretend to do contact tracing when test results are taking 6-10 days. 

I haven’t gotten to see my daughter in 6 days this is absolutely absurd.  Hey were supposedly great but not great enough to have significant testing capability during a global pandemic 

How did you get it?  Can't they contact trace without results?  With the number of test they are doing, the system is strained.  We will never have enough capacity to test millions of people, most with no symptoms -- now your competing with kids going back to school who are requiring tests.  

26 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

How did you get it?  Can't they contact trace without results?  With the number of test they are doing, the system is strained.  We will never have enough capacity to test millions of people, most with no symptoms -- now your competing with kids going back to school who are requiring tests.  

I’m well aware the system is strained. That’s gripe because it didn’t have to be this way. 

I don’t even know if I have/had it since I don’t have my results.  My guess for getting it would probably be at work dealing with contractors.  I probably had 2-3 conversations a day with a contractor who didn’t want to wear their mask. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m well aware the system is strained. That’s gripe because it didn’t have to be this way. 

Yeah, your right.  They can just pull testing capacity out of their butts.  

No but they have had 5 months to get it in place... and haven’t done it. Like every other other country on the planet 

Remember back in May that we were told the state would have contact testing ready to in a week and they were moving government workers to that job.  Instead, they put it on county health departments who already didn’t have the manpower.

30 minutes ago, Defenserocks28 said:

I mean,  they could have had it in place if trump didn't cut the 100 sites capable of testing for it down to three.  

https://fortune.com/2020/02/26/coronavirus-covid-19-cdc-budget-cuts-us-trump/

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s not one to let facts get in the way

Here dem facts for ya

https://www.acla.com/acla-update-on-covid-19-testing-capacity/

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-leadership-details-unprecedented-initiative-ramp-testing-technologies-covid-19

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/05/18/hhs-delivers-funding-to-expand-testing-capacity-for-states-territories-tribes.html

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Defenserocks already sufficiently schooled you?  But I will ask a basic question, why are other countries able to do contract tracing but not us?  Why are other countries able to turn around tests within 24 hours

Went fishing with twins, 22 yrs old ! Had a blast ! They took three snappers home. Don’t stress out. Even if BC gets you cranked up! Just be smart and live life. Chill out! We will all be fine!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

49 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Defenserocks already sufficiently schooled you?  But I will ask a basic question, why are other countries able to do contract tracing but not us?  Why are other countries able to turn around tests within 24 hours

Sheer numbers.  

So the Senate has left Washington without passing a relief bill.  Apparently senators were unable to justify passing UE benefits for people who they claim don’t want to work.  So they decided they would just not work.  

I can 100% confirm our hygienists didn’t want to work when we were approved to go back to work as they made slightly more to stay home.  It was a legitimate problem that took enormous efforts to overcome. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I can 100% confirm our hygienists didn’t want to work when we were approved to go back to work as they made slightly more to stay home.  It was a legitimate problem that took enormous efforts to overcome. 

I ran into the same thing

Piss-poor modeling in my opinion.

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I ran into the same thing

Piss-poor modeling in my opinion.

My wife has had the same issue with nursers at her facility and we are seeing some issues with it at the hospitals. I think everyone was so busy trying to prop up the economy at the beginning that they didn't see all the holes in the support bill.

For the sake of discussion, I know a lot of people whose jobs rely on tips (servers and bartenders) who are back to work, but not going to be able to pay rent because the service industry is still hurting. Even with everything opening up, the limiting of capacity and the fact that large portions of the population aren't comfortable going out to eat, means that people aren't making the money they were before. 

My friend who is sales is having similar issues with not hitting their typical numbers. Even though he is salary, he had to take a pay cut but his situation isn't as dire in the industry since his salary isn't directly tied commission (or tips). His quarterly bonus will take a hit though. 

I am not really sure how we protect those people while also encouraging those that can work to work. I thought that only those that are "laid off" or furloughed could claim it?