Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

From my amateur interpretation, it’s not PHI, that is covered under HIPAA, until the doctor has the data. A covered entity has to have the data for it to be considered PHI under HIPAA

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry man added a better explanation of that whole process after I added the first part.  But it is real time medical data connected to the doctor.  I would assume it goes through MyChart.  Which is probably the biggest animal of all with the off subject discussions we are having lol.

Another home-owned business in Blufftucky, Indiana is trying to circumvent the mask order. Fields of Grace Floral Boutique is offering free snacks and drinks to its patrons so they can shop without masks, in addition to employees not wearing them. 

I'm curious to see how many other home-owned business owners will suddenly turn into evangelists with medical conditions. 

My experiences yesterday....went to the pharmacy.  100% compliance on masks.

Went to the local USPS to do something that could only be done there.  In a tight room with basically no ventilation and a very long line, there were quite a few without masks.  I chose not to stay.

Sorry man added a better explanation of that whole process after I added the first part.  But it is real time medical data connected to the doctor.  I would assume it goes through MyChart.  Which is probably the biggest animal of all with the off subject discussions we are having lol.

From my understanding it hinges on the data being sent to a covered entity. It sounds like how your apps are set up they are being sent to covered entities (your docs) therefore making the day and apps being regulated by HIPAA. Again, this is coming from an extreme amateur who has had his nosed stuffed in federal and state laws on Cybersecurity over the last few months.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So Day 4 of Quarantining in my basement. 

So far watched a couple of new movies nothing real worthwhile 

Finished Played Uncharted 2(I liked the first one more)

Watched the History Channel series on Grant. 10/10 would recommend. 

Organized my books and video game collection into keep and get rid of piles 

Started Rick Atkinsons liberation trilogy. 

And for some reason starting to irrationally hate Brie Larson. 

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Another home-owned business in Blufftucky, Indiana is trying to circumvent the mask order. Fields of Grace Floral Boutique is offering free snacks and drinks to its patrons so they can shop without masks, in addition to employees not wearing them. 

I'm curious to see how many other home-owned business owners will suddenly turn into evangelists with medical conditions. 

My brother-in-law lives in Colorado which has a mask mandate.  After going to a hardware store that flat out a note on their doors that they would not enforce the mask order, he contacted the city manager by e-mail.  Here is the correspondance:

My brother-in-law asked what was being done about businesses openly defying the governor's order.

City manager's response:  

The Governor's executive order has no validity and is unenforceable. 

This is the thing......the governor's mandate is law unless is is found illegal in a court of law.  A city manager doesn't get to make that call.  While the city manager may feel that it is unenforceable and the city doesn't have the resources to enforce it, it.is.not. the job of a city manager to unilaterally decide he won't enforce laws because he doesn't like them.

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

My brother-in-law lives in Colorado which has a mask mandate.  After going to a hardware store that flat out a note on their doors that they would not enforce the mask order, he contacted the city manager by e-mail.  Here is the correspondance:

My brother-in-law asked what was being done about businesses openly defying the governor's order.

City manager's response:  

The Governor's executive order has no validity and is unenforceable. 

This is the thing......the governor's mandate is law unless is is found illegal in a court of law.  A city manager doesn't get to make that call.  While the city manager may feel that it is unenforceable and the city doesn't have the resources to enforce it, it.is.not. the job of a city manager to unilaterally decide he won't enforce laws because he doesn't like them.

The “people should just listen to authority, but not me I am special” crowd is numbing. 

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

So Day 4 of Quarantining in my basement. 

So far watched a couple of new movies nothing real worthwhile 

Finished Played Uncharted 2(I liked the first one more)

Watched the History Channel series on Grant. 10/10 would recommend. 

Organized my books and video game collection into keep and get rid of piles 

Started Rick Atkinsons liberation trilogy. 

And for some reason starting to irrationally hate Brie Larson. 

Started to work more on decluttering our basement as well.  Gonna make the wife happy. 

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And claimed a mask gave it to him...it’s like he’s allergic to science 

Maybe he thinks science is fake?

There was also that video that went around with a doctor saying hydroxycloroquine is the cure; a doctor that has said some medical treatments use alien DNA, the government is working on a vaccine for religion, and that endometriosis is caused by sex with a demon.  I think that 'doctor' has a questionable grasp of science herself.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

There was also that video that went around with a doctor saying hydroxycloroquine is the cure; a doctor that has said some medical treatments use alien DNA, the government is working on a vaccine for religion, and that endometriosis is caused by sex with a demon.  I think that 'doctor' has a questionable grasp of science herself.

I was shocked to learn that her credentials were recognized after moving here.  

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

"Demon sex" is gonna cost ya extra.

Just sayin'.

Any patience I had is officially out this is beyond ridiculous how the hell are you gonna pretend to do contact tracing when test results are taking 6-10 days. 

I haven’t gotten to see my daughter in 6 days this is absolutely absurd.  Hey were supposedly great but not great enough to have significant testing capability during a global pandemic