Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Some people will grasp to anything to justify their own lack of effort or selflessness. Logic need not apply.  

And for the record I used hand sanitizer after stopping at the gas station. 

I think it’s more that he’s just arguing for the sake of arguing.

2 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

New Zealand, Taiwan, you're joking right.  Get a clue.  

Denmark.  Germany.  Finland.

Maybe you want to be a defeatist and simply throw your hands up and say “well, people are going to die, so don’t do anything.”  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I believe what he’s trying to communicate is that there is no way to completely eliminate any chance of transmitting or contracting COVID, but trained medical professionals have consistently recommended certain  practices that greatly reduce transmission and contraction.

The poster you’re arguing with is simply expressing that he’s trying his best to reduce, not eliminate the chance of transmission or contraction; he’s trying to be responsible. 

How anyone can argue with or nitpick at that is beyond me.

Actually, he comes on here holier than thou mask shaming and calling people selfish.  Then shows us how virtuous he is because he sacrificed for a week before he came to Chicago.  The problem being that with a 14 day incubation period, one week doesn't really mean anything (Chicago even has a 14 day quarantine requirement from some states).  And if he truly though masks where effective, he could have avoided the sacrifice and just worn a mask to protect his in-laws from himself (that's the justification for wearing a mask, right).  He is free to do what he thinks is best in his situation.  Other people are free to act differently.     

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Some people will grasp to anything to justify their own lack of effort or selflessness. Logic need not apply.  

And for the record I used hand sanitizer after stopping at the gas station. 

You know nothing of what I have done or am doing. 

What is so flipping difficult? Wear a flipping mask?! Is that shaming?! Do better! Protect people! I’ll shame the **** out people being stupid regardless of what they’re doing. Don’t be ******* stupid. I just did an hour of ******* cardio with a mask on and I have reduced lung capacity due to clots and a couple of ******* clots in my leg that aren’t going away. Wear. A. *******. Mask.

How did we get to the point where we give zero ****s about those around us?!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Look, it takes two people to spread the virus.  The transmitter and the receiver.  If you see someone without a mask, avoid them.  If someone is too close to you, walk away.  Thus, you won't get infected.  It's that simple.  No reason to berate them on video and post to facegram.   

5 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Look, it takes two people to spread the virus.  The transmitter and the receiver.  If you see someone without a mask, avoid them.  If someone is too close to you, walk away.  Thus, you won't get infected.  It's that simple.  No reason to berate them on video and post to facegram.   

You would also have to avoid everything they have breathed on.  But don’t let facts get in the way 

I don’t watch the news often because the majority of news just shows our collective stupidity. However, it was on yesterday while I was working on a research project. They were showing the fair in Indy with a comment about masks being mandatory. There might have been a handful of people wearing a mask while 90+% were just wondering around without a mask. Why?! Is it that cumbersome to place cloth over your mouth and nose? ****!!!! We’re doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t watch the news often because the majority of news just shows our collective stupidity. However, it was on yesterday while I was working on a research project. They were showing the fair in Indy with a comment about masks being mandatory. There might have been a handful of people wearing a mask while 90+% were just wondering around without a mask. Why?! Is it that cumbersome to place cloth over your mouth and nose? ****!!!! We’re doomed.

Yeah I don’t get it.  Don’t get me wrong I don’t like it. But I’d rather be mildly inconvenienced than help spread a pandemic 

28 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You would also have to avoid everything they have breathed on.  But don’t let facts get in the way 

Not true at all.  Just wash your hands and don't touch your face.  Besides, CDC says that surface contact isn't the main way the infection is transmitted.  Thems are facts for you.  

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

As much as Florida has well-deserved reputation for stupid people, around me in West Palm Beach mask wearing has become pretty universal.

Not true at all.  Just wash your hands and don't touch your face.  Besides, CDC says that surface contact isn't the main way the infection is transmitted.  Thems are facts for you.  

Golfman, you aren’t alone, just so you know, as the army comes at you.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Assuming everything you are saying is true. It’s 100% not but how are people supposed to get food avoid people without masks if 90% of people aren’t wearing masks? 

32 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The people making those recommendations know what they're talking about, it's kind of their job.  I don't get it.

Canada must feel like they live in the apartment above a meth lab.  Maybe that's the plan, make the virus feel this country is so hopelessly screwed that it doesn't need to help and just leaves.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As much as Florida has well-deserved reputation for stupid people, around me in West Palm Beach mask wearing has become pretty universal.

Yeah its the same in Cape Coral.  Well Walmart not so much, but your Publix, Target, etc. it’s pretty much everyone.  Not meant to be a crack at Walmart just the way it is down here.  Most places refuse service if you don’t wear one. 

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Just to confirm,   you would be okay with stores and restaurants turning away people who refuse to wear a mask?

And to be fair,  people live in highly populated cities, or work in retail,  grocery stores,  barber shops or about 50% of all available US jobs.   Avoidance can be very difficult.  Sometimes you need everyone on board to stop something from spreading.   

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

What is so flipping difficult? Wear a flipping mask?! Is that shaming?! Do better! Protect people! I’ll shame the **** out people being stupid regardless of what they’re doing. Don’t be ******* stupid. I just did an hour of ******* cardio with a mask on and I have reduced lung capacity due to clots and a couple of ******* clots in my leg that aren’t going away. Wear. A. *******. Mask.

How did we get to the point where we give zero ****s about those around us?!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agreed.  Our lack of empathy is alarming.  It’s honestly just sad more than anything.  It really shouldn’t surprise me with people, but it does.  Down here in Florida a person with political interests tried suing over mandatory masks.  That one got thrown out real quick.  Like how f’ed up do we have to be to sue over something like that?  How hard is it to wear a ******* mask?  Even if you don’t agree with it at worst you are out the inconvenience of wearing a mask.  At best you can save someone’s life, potentially someone you love.  Like I don’t get the huge deal.  For years if you travel abroad and you see an Asian person they are wearing a mask.  There is a reason why.  They have things like this quite a bit.  I trust they know more than Facebook.  It’s just ******* sad and pathetic.