Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

[mention=1435]Napleshoosier[/mention] how are things in your neck of the woods?  I'm seeing some crazy numbers coming up from your state.  Sending positive vibes to you and yours.  Stay safe fellow Hoosier!

Things are good with me. We are up to 3000 in collier county testing positive. Must be a lot. Ore testing going on. The death count has gone up by one in the last five days. There is a town inland called Immokalee which is basically a big farming area. The migrant workers there have been infected at huge rates. The problem there from what I read is they share close quarters meaning that maybe 13 people would share on rental house etc and they pass it on to everyone. The town is about 29 miles from where we are in Naples. Lee County, ie. Fort Myers etc is seeing numbers climb as well. The other coast is climbing a lot as well Palm Beach County ( Stuhhoo land) is now over 10,000 infected. I think it’s just that many more are being tested.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

50 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

Things are good with me. We are up to 3000 in collier county testing positive. Must be a lot. Ore testing going on. The death count has gone up by one in the last five days. There is a town inland called Immokalee which is basically a big farming area. The migrant workers there have been infected at huge rates. The problem there from what I read is they share close quarters meaning that maybe 13 people would share on rental house etc and they pass it on to everyone. The town is about 29 miles from where we are in Naples. Lee County, ie. Fort Myers etc is seeing numbers climb as well. The other coast is climbing a lot as well Palm Beach County ( Stuhhoo land) is now over 10,000 infected. I think it’s just that many more are being tested.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m curious now that testing is full on what happens to the infection rate in a few weeks. If it’s still up by then, testing increases aren’t the reason why.

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m curious now that testing is full on what happens to the infection rate in a few weeks. If it’s still up by then, testing increases aren’t the reason why.

Their daily rate has doubled in just a week.  They have not doubled the number of daily tests in a week.  I believe they were running at about a 

I have a question and it by no means is start any arguments with anyone I'm just curious. Has anyone heard of anyone having a negative COVID test?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I have a question and it by no means is start any arguments with anyone I'm just curious. Has anyone heard of anyone having a negative COVID test?

I had a number of employees that had one. Plus I think the positive test rate was only 21% in NYC a few months ago 

I had a negative COVID test before being told the test batch was bad and I’d have to get tested again. If I had COVID it was back in March. They’re not doing the antibody testing so I highly doubt I’d test positive for COVID.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My wife had to have one three weeks ago before she could be admitted to labor and delivery and tested negative.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Yeah.  We had a bunch of employees who tested negative.  We did have one who tested positive with no symptoms.   

I have said before, by my wife works in health care and is tested somewhat regularly. She tests negative. I believe that in Indiana they are going to start requiring regular testing at long term care facilities for residents and employees soon and that requirement will slowly make its way to other healthcare facilities too (though most are already testing pretty regularly at this point.)

I haven’t read all these pages, But does anybody else feel like basketball season could be canceled again due to teams having to quarantine due to the players getting the virus? Just seems that every team out there could have one player test positive and the next game get canceled so on and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 6/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, Stuhoo said:

It's more than just increased testing in Florida -- if it was only increased testing, the positive rate percentages would be constant.  They went from about 3% positive tests to 12% really quick (and on the 20th they were at 14%).

104181896_10113178375726220_7553902456510976341_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=kKz1iTM1jHMAX_R7Uh2&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=2eb728e871f61075f2b73dc9fb936df9&oe=5F170EBD

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I haven’t read all these pages, But does anybody else feel like basketball season could be canceled again due to teams having to quarantine due to the players getting the virus? Just seems that every team out there could have one player test positive and the next game get canceled so on and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From what I've heard, the NBA is expecting positive tests and once a player test positive, they will be out until they have been symptom free for ten days.  I think it could be canceled again but I'm much more optimistic about basketball than baseball.