Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not to mention this is full of blatant falsehoods. Sorta like rods claim there’s no vaccine for SARS. 

Who needs facts when you can just make up lies to validate your opinion 

You and "facts" have always had a difficult relationship.  When they don't fit your narrative, you come unglued.  It's fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

SARs is Coronavirus 

You are wrong again. SARS is caused by a coronavirus.

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a viral respiratory disease of zoonotic origin caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV or SARS-CoV-1), the first-identified strain of the SARS coronavirus species severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (SARSr-CoV).

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

You and "facts" have always had a difficult relationship.  When they don't fit your narrative, you come unglued.  It's fun to watch.

Lol I post sources for facts you post none because facts don’t allow you to justify your hot takes of selfishness and hate 

4 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You're.  It's spelled..."you're."

Attacking grammar.  The last resort of the failed argument. 

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

You are wrong again. SARS is caused by a coronavirus.

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a viral respiratory disease of zoonotic origin caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV or SARS-CoV-1), the first-identified strain of the SARS coronavirus species severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (SARSr-CoV).

You literally just posted something saying that Sars is caused by the SARS Coronavirus. 

And since there’s a vaccine for that. Your original lie about no vaccines for Coronavirus is just that. A pathetic lie because the anti expert crowd has no other avenue but to lie to back up their opinions. 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol I post sources for facts you post none because facts don’t allow you to justify your hot takes of selfishness and hate 

1)  I haven't made an argument and I am not trying to prove a point.   I am calling you out simply at face value.  Everybody but you knows exactly what I mean by that.   Need me to spell it out for you?

2)  Keep trying to convince yourself that you know me and that you have any idea what my motives are (I have none, but whatever).  Go pull your lever and label people.   That seems to be your M.O.   What was it about my post that triggered you this time, snowflake?

Question....  Why is it every time I post something....seriously every time, it takes you less than 3 minutes to reply with some personal attack?  It's an obvious pattern.   Good Lord, I haven't posted for 2 weeks, and here you are immediately.   Do you live on here?  Do you think people await your reply to what I say?  Do you have any life beyond here spewing whatever opinion you have on any given day?  Employed?   In a relationship?  Have a dog?  Seriously dude, you're a clown.  There is zero chance you'd speak to me in person the way you stalk me here.   You're a complete coward with a personal vendetta for whatever reason and I would be MORE than happy to have a personal conversation about it.   Why do I think you'll take that as a threat and make up some excuse for why you won't?    Queue internet stalker mode.

Yeah, I had written the caption' "This guy is available" under it, but for some reason it didn't show up.

No worries I thought he sounded familiar but I wasn’t sure. I pretty much pulled myself out of the news cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not trying to make a generalized point, but my daughter, who works in a nursing home, tested positive for the virus about a month ago. She had no symptoms and was reassigned to their COVID unit. She was retested recently and was negative. Neither her husband or son living with her contracted the virus. Makes me wonder how many other people have experienced the same thing. Had she not worked in a nursing home, she would never have been tested.

The public library in my town finally opened its doors today after its employees went back to work a month ago. But patrons can only walk up to the front desk to return and pick up books. No browsing allowed. 

After two months of virtual counseling, I can finally meet with my therapist in person again. But I have to wear a mask for the whole session, even though we're the only people in the room and we're sitting more than six feet apart. 

I'm not anti-mask by any means, and I'm not going to ridicule anyone or call them a sheep for being cautious, but at this point, I think some of the safety measures being taken are over-protective and unnecessary. 

While we're at it. Our is used to express possession not are. Also to=in addition, too=excess. These are enormous pet peeves of mine and when I see people that sure suggest they are above my intelligence level use them incorrectly it makes me laugh.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

If you have to make something up to prove your point. Your probably wrong. 

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

1)  I haven't made an argument and I am not trying to prove a point.   I am calling you out simply at face value.  Everybody but you knows exactly what I mean by that.   Need me to spell it out for you?

2)  Keep trying to convince yourself that you know me and that you have any idea what my motives are (I have none, but whatever).  Go pull your lever and label people.   That seems to be your M.O.   What was it about my post that triggered you this time, snowflake?

Question....  Why is it every time I post something....seriously every time, it takes you less than 3 minutes to reply with some personal attack?  It's an obvious pattern.   Good Lord, I haven't posted for 2 weeks, and here you are immediately.   Do you live on here?  Do you think people await your reply to what I say?  Do you have any life beyond here spewing whatever opinion you have on any given day?  Employed?   In a relationship?  Have a dog?  Seriously dude, you're a clown.  There is zero chance you'd speak to me in person the way you stalk me here.   You're a complete coward with a personal vendetta for whatever reason and I would be MORE than happy to have a personal conversation about it.   Why do I think you'll take that as a threat and make up some excuse for why you won't?    Queue internet stalker mode.

NOT SURE WHAT'S IN THE AIR TO MAKE THIS "BICKERING TUESDAY," BUT WHAT I AM SURE OF IS THE CURE. YOU GUYS NEED A DOSE OF:

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol. I’m not going to believe experts anecdotal evidence is just as good. 

You haven’t changed your mind on anything and stop pretending like you have. Your actions and views are the exact same you are just using different reasons to justify your already existing behavior. 

He shouldn't have spoke so confidently about South Carolina; they just reported nearly 550 new cases on Monday, the most in a single day since the pandemic started.  Health officials said it's likely a combination of testing and loosening restrictions.

Multiple states are seeing cases go back up, including AZ and NC; FL has had over 1,000 new cases in 6 of the last 7 days.  I'd imagine a combination of more testing and restrictions loosening.  Some areas of the country are seeing decreases though.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He shouldn't have spoke so confidently about South Carolina; they just reported nearly 550 new cases on Monday, the most in a single day since the pandemic started.  Health officials said it's likely a combination of testing and loosening restrictions.

Multiple states are seeing cases go back up, including AZ and NC; FL has had over 1,000 new cases in 6 of the last 7 days.  I'd imagine a combination of more testing and restrictions loosening.  Some areas of the country are seeing decreases though.

Let's keep an eye on the the cities that had the protests.  That could tell us a lot.