Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

Cost? Not debating,  just wondering what the cost differential is. Ultimately,  it's going to come down to doctor/patient decisions!
I'm not in a spot where URL-curation is easy, so apologies. My main point was that the "HCQ is legit and malicious actors are suppressing it" narrative is just politically motivated garbage. If someone wants to stand behind it's value, they could justifiably also promote Ivermectin - how many times in this thread has Ivermectin been discussed versus HCQ?

But, ranting aside, it's incredibly cheap, widely available, easily produced, and FDA approved for safe human use. You likely know someone who has used it.

Per Wikipedia -

"is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[9] The wholesale cost in the developing world for the tablets is about US$0.12 for a course of treatment.[10] In the United States, the costs is less than US$50.["

I have no idea if it's actually effective against COVID19 - some poor-ish studies and limited use claim great results.

34 minutes ago, raorIU said:

I'm not in a spot where URL-curation is easy, so apologies. My main point was that the "HCQ is legit and malicious actors are suppressing it" narrative is just politically motivated garbage. If someone wants to stand behind it's value, they could justifiably also promote Ivermectin - how many times in this thread has Ivermectin been discussed versus HCQ?

But, ranting aside, it's incredibly cheap, widely available, easily produced, and FDA approved for safe human use. You likely know someone who has used it.

Per Wikipedia -

"is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[9] The wholesale cost in the developing world for the tablets is about US$0.12 for a course of treatment.[10] In the United States, the costs is less than US$50.["

I have no idea if it's actually effective against COVID19 - some poor-ish studies and limited use claim great results.

Actually, the narrative is HCQ is bad because Trump likes it.  They were actually working with it back in the sars days.  Post the studies to lvermectin -- never heard of it.  Remdisiver was the other drug that was identified about the same time as HCQ.  They have shown positive results as well, but it's more expensive and being an IV drug probably not usable on the masses with moderate illness.  A pill would be.    

“Actually, the narrative is HCQ is bad because Trump likes it.”

It is? I actually thought it had more to do with people like yourself shoving it down our throats and want to send it to the masses 2 months ago without any level of testing? Again you would have never even heard of that drug without Trump. So that’s your association to that comparison. Nobody else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Actually, the narrative is HCQ is bad because Trump likes it.  They were actually working with it back in the sars days.  Post the studies to lvermectin -- never heard of it.  Remdisiver was the other drug that was identified about the same time as HCQ.  They have shown positive results as well, but it's more expensive and being an IV drug probably not usable on the masses with moderate illness.  A pill would be.    
Why was HCQ even considered so important in the first place?

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It is? I actually thought it had more to do with people like yourself shoving it down our throats and want to send it to the masses 2 months ago without any level of testing? Again you would have never even heard of that drug without Trump. So that’s you association to that comparison. Nobody else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah literally the narrative was there’s no time it’s an emergency what harm could it do.  Death it turned out was the harm. 

Yeah literally the narrative was there’s no time it’s an emergency what harm could it do.  Death it turned out was the harm. 
If the narrative was legit, response to my post would have been research and excitement about Ivermectin as a plausible treatment. Instead, sole response is more politically motivated garbage.

43 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Apparently not as much harm as putting sick people back in nursing homes!

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

jk34 tried whataboutism. 

It’s not very effective. 

Notice crickets from you when bigrod corrected your misinformation. 

Not very effective. 

8 hours ago, bigrod said:

No, you are wrong. I know that's hard for you to take, but you are wrong. There is no Coronavirus vaccine. Why don't we have a vaccine for the common cold? They are trying to develop a vaccine to modify RNA and it has been wildly unsuccessful. So far, in every case, it produces so many antibodies that it starts attacking the host organs.

I didn't state anything about how i wanted the facts to come out. You are the one with on here with a crystal clear agenda.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/sars-vaccine-could-be-stopgap-measure-against-the-new-coronavirus-study

Still curious what similar conditions HC has treated. 

At this point it is clear to me that no amount of restrictions will slow virus that much short of a lock down for many months until we have a vaccine. Even countries that were to near zero before lifting restrictions have seen a spike with re-opening with restrictions (although still much lower than peak other than Iran but cases are spiking almost everywhere).

At this point governments need to decide if we live with the consequences of being open and letting the virus spread and killing a small percentage of citizens or locking down for many months and use the Andrew Yang plan of universal basic income for those who cant work from home.

I don't which is the right answer but it seems clear to me those are the options. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

At this point it is clear to me that no amount of restrictions will slow virus that much short of a lock down for many months until we have a vaccine. Even countries that were to near zero before lifting restrictions have seen a spike with re-opening with restrictions (although still much lower than peak other than Iran but cases are spiking almost everywhere).

At this point governments need to decide if we live with the consequences of being open and letting the virus spread and killing a small percentage of citizens or locking down for many months and use the Andrew Yang plan of universal basic income for those who cant work from home.

I don't which is the right answer but it seems clear to me those are the options. 

I would disagree with the assessment that it is either lockdown for many months or live with the consequences of being open.  Seems over simplistic, IMO.  We are learning new things about the virus and how it spreads daily.  The better we are at identifying clusters of the virus and spikes (and the current 'spikes' are still nowhere near the peaks that they were at the peak), the more likely is to shut down only what is necessary to.

I read somewhere that if people would just wear masks when in public it would cut at least 80% of all transmissions. Where did I see that? Heck I don’t do. We’ve all seen so much lol. It was a physician though. We could certainly do that!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners