Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

A study of 96,000 patients across 6 continents showed that the use of either hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine had significantly increased risk of death or heart arrhythmia.  It's a retrospective analysis of medical records, which we should keep in mind, but that's a large study that backs up what earlier smaller studies have shown.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

At best it has no benefit, at worst it's harmful as a treatment for COVID.

10 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

A study of 96,000 patients across 6 continents showed that the use of either hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine had significantly increased risk of death or heart arrhythmia.  It's a retrospective analysis of medical records, which we should keep in mind, but that's a large study that backs up what earlier smaller studies have shown.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

At best it has no benefit, at worst it's harmful as a treatment for COVID.

But this one guy without a medical degree has said it works a hundred times.  I DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST 

Findings found two things:  length of hospital stay decreased but the ventricular side effects increased the rate of death.  In totality, no proof of an overall positive effect.....unless, I guess you are trying to clear hospital beds and aren’t concerned if it’s by early dismissal or death.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:31 PM, brumdog45 said:

I do think the toxic tone has slowed down here.  For example, I don't think Dalton or I really were slinging insults and we worked out was just a misunderstanding on my part of the intent of a post. 

But, yes, the tone I was seeing here was the main reason I started the positive news thread during coronavirus.

Agreed. It’s hard to read intent through text, and I made a broad statement when it honestly would’ve been easier to be more specific. Sometimes I forget people can’t read my mind.

It never got personal or insulting and whether we agree or not, I’ll have those kinds of discussions anytime. 

Not closed. Local government is trying to get it closed but that won’t happen. They are still open and delivering.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So I guess the VA used vets as an experimental pool in order to desperately prove a malaria drugs works. 

It of course didn’t and increased their death rates. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-veterans-agency-given-hydroxychloroquine-033812682.html

Nothing quite says supporting our veterans like killing them for political gain. 

So I guess the VA used vets as an experimental pool in order to desperately prove a malaria drugs works. 

It of course didn’t and increased their death rates. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-veterans-agency-given-hydroxychloroquine-033812682.html
Nothing quite says supporting our veterans like killing them for political gain. 

Don’t get me started on the VA, please. There are enough stupid ******* doctors in that system without any political influence.

I just received paperwork on some other veteran because his first name is my last name. There is nothing else that connects us.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Don’t get me started on the VA, please. There are enough stupid ******* doctors in that system without any political influence.

I just received paperwork on some other veteran because his first name is my last name. There is nothing else that connects us.

My brother in law got screwed pretty bad by them.  It’s a sore subject with him. One of those things you don’t ask about but sometimes he brings up.  

Canon, have you looked for a job? Just asking. Hope you get one for your family or have you just been drawing the Fed and state compensation they have been giving? I’m just asking? Not giving you grief!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This is exactly it. It was a specific strategy implement to increase turnout.  Republicans started it in 94.  Rather than debating issues they transformed it into convincing voters that the other side was the enemy.  The Democrats got absolutely destroyed in 94.  The Democrats began to play that same game but have abandoned it intermittently.  And whenever one group stopped doing it they got absolutely destroyed. See 2008 and 2010. And to a lesser extent 2016
You must be a Dem if you believe this.
Sorry for derailing this topic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk