Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

The state intervening to stop the medical examiner from reporting COVID deaths helps too.  Their numbers should be taken with a serious grain of salt.

New slogan ... "Florida; the China of America!"  lol

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And yet you started off with a snarky comment directed at me because I’m interested to see the future data because I don’t trust the current data. Perhaps you need to make up your mind. 

Speaking of social distancing. 

Check out what was going on in 1969.

A pandemic,  with over a million deaths worldwide,  over 100,00 deaths in the US.

Woodstock 

2 minutes ago, jk34 said:

Should New York's be taken with a grain of salt as well? More federal funding with Covid cases, plus that doubles when using a ventilator!

Florida is blatantly manipulating the numbers so their cases are under reported.  That's the kind of crap China did.

Every state is receiving emergency funding on a per case basis for this, it's not special to NY and NY is one of the states least dependent on federal aid.  If we find out they are intentionally over reporting, yes it should be taken with a grain of salt.  

Every single state/country is underreporting right now for most it’s because the task of diagnosing and reporting is monumental. But there are clearly cases like Florida where they are cooking the books. 

Also important to note that a lot of people got infected in Florida then went home and got diagnosed in New York or Michigan.  

Every single state/country is underreporting right now for most it’s because the task of diagnosing and reporting is monumental. But there are clearly cases like Florida where they are cooking the books. 

Also important to note that a lot of people got infected in Florida then went home and got diagnosed in New York or Michigan.  

Or, maybe they brought it here and infected us! Wake up!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Actually both happened.  Why do you think everything is an either or choice. 

You want to know the truth? When Cuomo put the stay at home order out he didn’t give one rats @$$ about his residents getting on airplanes and coming here. To the tune of about 160-170 flights a day!

He exported the virus to Florida ! Your not in Florida. You DON’T KNOW! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DO! THEY BROUGHT IT HERE!

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

What data are you basing this on?

27 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

You want to know the truth? When Cuomo put the stay at home order out he didn’t give one rats @$$ about his residents getting on airplanes and coming here. To the tune of about 160-170 flights a day!

He exported the virus to Florida ! Your not in Florida. You DON’T KNOW! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DO! THEY BROUGHT IT HERE!

I blame Wyoming. 

And Canada (see previous "Blame Canada" song link please)

No matter which side of the argument you fall on, we know unequivocally that the data cannot be trusted. I read a story today that said a papaya and a goat both tested positive for the virus. The fact is, finding how many false positives a test produces is always one of the first things done, and it has yet to be done for this virus. There are always false positives. But then, they are using a subjective test that both the inventor and the CDC says should not be used for diagnostic purposes, so there's that.

There are also studies that indicate that that antibodies are much more prevalent (50 to 85 times) in tested populations than originally thought, which would make this virus even less lethal. 

I'm not sure where the under reporting is coming from unless it is assumption. I've seen many more reports from doctors, nurses, and administrators saying they are being pressured to label everything Covid. Oddly, once reporting for Covid started ramping up, the seasonal flu numbers magically decreased. So much so, the CDC decided they were no longer going to track it. I guess if the statistics don't say what you want them to, you have to manipulate the data until it does.

40 minutes ago, bigrod said:

No matter which side of the argument you fall on, we know unequivocally that the data cannot be trusted. I read a story today that said a papaya and a goat both tested positive for the virus. The fact is, finding how many false positives a test produces is always one of the first things done, and it has yet to be done for this virus. There are always false positives. But then, they are using a subjective test that both the inventor and the CDC says should not be used for diagnostic purposes, so there's that.

There are also studies that indicate that that antibodies are much more prevalent (50 to 85 times) in tested populations than originally thought, which would make this virus even less lethal. 

I'm not sure where the under reporting is coming from unless it is assumption. I've seen many more reports from doctors, nurses, and administrators saying they are being pressured to label everything Covid. Oddly, once reporting for Covid started ramping up, the seasonal flu numbers magically decreased. So much so, the CDC decided they were no longer going to track it. I guess if the statistics don't say what you want them to, you have to manipulate the data until it does.

Sources for those claims about people being pressured to label things Covid. And the under reporting data is coming from Johns Hopkins.  

According to this article there was a spike in Flu deaths?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coronavirus-florida-pneumonia-flu-deaths-spike-20200417-lkel6rlik5blhd5zdktkrxhzze-story.html%3foutputType=amp

And according to this your claim about flu deaths not being tacked is incorrect. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3044888001

I'm really tired of hiding posts that are solely or largely personal insults between a few posters.

So....STOP WITH THE BACK AND FORTH PERSONAL INSULTS OR IMA GONNA SHUT THIS MOFO DOWN! 

(Please)

Sincerely, your humble, lovable mods. 

PS: Do not post or pm me telling me whose fault the personal insults are or aren't. I do not care to hear it no more.  :)

I'm really tired of hiding posts that are solely or largely personal insults between a few posters.
So....STOP WITH THE BACK AND FORTH PERSONAL INSULTS OR IMA GONNA SHUT THIS MOFO DOWN! 
(Please)
Sincerely, your humble, lovable mods. 
PS: Do not post or pm me telling me whose fault the personal insults are or aren't. I do not care to hear it no more.  :)

Kinda wish you were a little less quick about it so I could see them at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Sources for those claims about people being pressured to label things Covid. And the under reporting data is coming from Johns Hopkins.  

According to this article there was a spike in Flu deaths?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coronavirus-florida-pneumonia-flu-deaths-spike-20200417-lkel6rlik5blhd5zdktkrxhzze-story.html%3foutputType=amp

And according to this your claim about flu deaths not being tacked is incorrect. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3044888001

I don't know if I would call it pressure, but there seems to be some leaning in Indiana:

From the Indiana Department of Health Covid-19 Guidance to Coroners (attached):

"What happens if the terms reported on the death certificate indicate uncertainty?
If the death certificate reports terms such as “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19,” these terms would be assigned the new ICD code. It is not likely that NCHS will follow up on these cases."

I'm reading that as anything probable or more definitive is going to be assigned covid as a cause of death.

Florida taking a stricter approach.  Only deaths with confirmed test are assigned:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86127

IN_COVID-19_Coroners 03.26.20.pdf

49 minutes ago, Redleader said:

I don't know if I would call it pressure, but there seems to be some leaning in Indiana:

From the Indiana Department of Health Covid-19 Guidance to Coroners (attached):

"What happens if the terms reported on the death certificate indicate uncertainty?
If the death certificate reports terms such as “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19,” these terms would be assigned the new ICD code. It is not likely that NCHS will follow up on these cases."

I'm reading that as anything probable or more definitive is going to be assigned covid as a cause of death.

Florida taking a stricter approach.  Only deaths with confirmed test are assigned:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86127

IN_COVID-19_Coroners 03.26.20.pdf

Florida went further than that, they had the medical examiner stop reporting COVID deaths.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/04/29/florida-medical-examiners-were-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-the-state-made-them-stop/

Only under pressure from media and open government advocates did they release anything, and that data was questionable.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242552796.html

At best what they're doing is sleazy, at worst it's outright political corruptness.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Florida went further than that, they had the medical examiner stop reporting COVID deaths.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/04/29/florida-medical-examiners-were-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-the-state-made-them-stop/

Only under pressure from media and open government advocates did they release anything, and that data was questionable.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242552796.html

At best what they're doing is sleazy, at worst it's outright political corruptness.

What Florida is doing reminds me of a situation I used to deal with when I worked retail.  We would report warehouse errors with the logic being they could correct problems and improve with the information.  

They didn’t and gradually the numbers got worse and worse.  Until one day somebody new was tasked with fixing the situation.  Did they revamp processes and cut down on errors?  Nope. They removed the option to report a warehouse error.  

So they could honestly say there were no more reported warehouse errors.  There were tons of warehouse errors but they didn’t count because they weren’t reported.