Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

11 hours ago, rcs29 said:

I am picturing you as Clark Griswald when he gets his Christmas bonus while reading that. And now I'm giving a slow clap to that tirade.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

So no sources for the loss of immunity disinformation.  You know why, cause that BS comes from right wing click rags, just like the rest of your opinions on this topic.  How did the hydrochloroquine quackery you were peddling turn out?

Responding to Old Friend.  Grabbed wrong post

Edited by Redleader
Wrong post quoted

So no sources for the loss of immunity disinformation.  You know why, cause that BS comes from right wing click rags, just like the rest of your opinions on this topic.  How did the hydrochloroquine quackery you were peddling turn out?

Wrong person. RCS will be very confused.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[mention=1814]BlueDevil[/mention]  I know you said you live in Cass County.  Is the meat processing plant operating right now and if so at what capacity?  I know there is an executive order to keep processing plants open but am curious as to how this actually is occurring.

My buddies in maintenance are back today. I think production starts back tomorrow I am not sure at what capacity but they did said limited production. What do I expect? More of the same.

20 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

My buddies in maintenance are back today. I think production starts back tomorrow I am not sure at what capacity but they did said limited production. What do I expect? More of the same.

More of the same in terms of limited production or stop and start production?

24 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

As in I expect positive test people that are asymptomatic to be there

Did find an article from IndyStar from Friday that indicated those that tested positive will be asked to self-isolate for the expected period and those that tested negative will be asked to come back to work.  In an effort to keep people who have tested positive or are symptomatic, they have extended their short term disability program to pay employees 90% of their normal pay through June 30th if they are absent for health related issues or even childcare issues related to the crisis. That said, they could lose out on a potential bonus for attenadance.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2020/05/01/tyson-meat-plant-logansport-reopen-after-coronavirus-outbreak/3063902001/

I've said my peace on the subjects.  Bottom line, hope everything with everyone stays well regardless of our viewpoints on covid and/or the economy.  I'll be taking my talents back to the sports boards.

For all Christians, God bless you and take care.

For all atheists, bless you and take care.

For all polytheists, Gods bless you and take care.

And for all you Purdue fans, you can just **** off.

10 hours ago, Redleader said:

Responding to Old Friend.  Grabbed wrong post

Since you don't even know what drug it was, I doubt you're really interested in dialogue about it and instead favor your politics   I also doubt you're interested in the truth because you strike me as yet one more guy who doesn't come here for any reason other than to stir the pot.  I love guys like you.  You're easy    The crickets after the post you MEANT to grab are deafening, and I'm very happy to shove this across the table at YOU, too. 

Quackery.  That's cute. I do love (and you people are very consistent) the labels and complete dismissal of information and people you don't agree with because your media tells you it's....quackery.  Like I said....cute.

Since you asked (and I bet this isn't what you meant to imply with your divisive and condescending tone) :  HCQ in its design breaks down a cellular barrier and lets zinc into the cell.  Zinc is being utilized in every therapy being trialed at this point.  Some examples of  "how it turned out? "  HCQ is being used at Yale, there is a randomized trial ongoing at Henry Ford  Health System in Detroit,  St. Francis Network in NY, Orange County network in NY, it's prescribed for every COVID patient in Turkey and has been shown to either slow or eliminate ICU admissions.  A large doctor's group in Brazil posted a study over the weekend showing HCQ helped 91.6% of COVID patients, Dr. Michael Robb and Dr. Jane Orient, leaders in the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons said TODAY "We believe there is clear and convincing evidence of benefit both pre and post exposure (of use of HCQ)," meaning it may also be a prophylactic.  Its being used successfully for the first time with older patients at a nursing home in Texas.  Early adoption of HCQ in Italian hospitals showed unequivocal earlier release from hospitals compared to those who didn't receive it.  It was used in a trial in New Brisnwick, CA with 118 patients. All 118 recovered.  No deaths.  No ICU admissions.

Do you need MORE examples of "how it turned out?"    And surely you could have looked all of this up yourself, but it's just easier (and lazier and more predictable) to make fun of data your media won't give you.   You really should look this stuff up, though.  It's fun to learn accuracy instead of parroting.  Cute word though.  I like "quackery."  But if you want the REAL truth?  Read this.  COVID is a SARS virus.  In 2005 Dr. Fauci and others were very high on HCQ. Now?  It's Remdisavir.  You can draw your own conclusions, right?   https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy4zovox820vmpu/3G13018 50 micron.docx?dl=0

Sources?  Immunologists.  You think politicians are just opening things up because they feel like it?  How dumb are you?   Seriously....it's like you people just read what the media tells you and regurgitate it.  Think for yourself.  Try it.  Just one time.  What disinformation are you speaking of?  Why do I KNOW it's really "information you don't have" or information you don't agree with.    What else ya' got?  

I think one of the most effective ways for the world(primarily US, Canada and Europe) to punish China for this would be too
A) Recognize Taiwan
B) Strengthen ties with India
C) Create an economic compact with the counties who territory they are encroaching on with those artificial islands. 

I will add..... grant tax credits to American corporations who move their manufacturing operations out of China. Cripple their economy. Without North America and Europe they are back to the rice fields!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

How many on this board have actually lived it?  Doesn't sound like many.  I've been in my business for 30 years.  We survived Y2k, 9/11, the 2008 meltdown.  Each time we took a hit, but was able to manage and muddle thru.  This is different.  The stress is incredible.  You're not only dealing with the economic decline in demand, but the politicians' whims about shutting places down.  You know a shut down will cause an unstoppable avalanche of financial ruin you'll never come back from at your age.  The 72 hours before the IL Gov. issues his shut down order are the hardest.  You're contacting customers to see what they think.  Some are threatening legal liability if you can't fulfill their orders.  Your furiously crunching numbers -- how much cash do I have, how much do I need, who can a lay off.  Your trade association, who is lobbying the Governor, tells you it's not looking good --- please contact the Governor.  Your heart races, blood pressure is thru the roof.  Panic begins to set in.  You can't breath.  Your eyes well up with tears.  You calm down.  Rinse and repeat.  3 days go by.  Today's the day, the announcement comes at 3:30.  You start pacing at 2:30.  Start making calls, what do people know.  3:20 -- panic sets in.  Again you can't breath.  Only 10 min.  And then it's announced -- your're an "essential" business.  You feel like you survived a nuclear bomb.  But some of you friends weren't so lucky.  You're sad and concerned for them, but relieved for yourself.   
Ok, so now you're still operating.  But are you?  Where are the orders?  What does demand look like?  Contact customers, who's still alive?   Start running the numbers again.  What do you need to survive, sales, cash.  And then it hits -- worldwide automotive companies cease operations.  2 weeks shutdowns announced.  Some of your customers follow suit.  Call customers, crunch numbers -- that's you life going forward.  What happens next is TBD.  
Sorry for the length.  

And you question how good “your receivables” are!

13 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

I will add..... grant tax credits to American corporations who move their manufacturing operations out of China. Cripple their economy. Without North America and Europe they are back to the rice fields!

I might be inclined to grant tax credits to move it back the US or Europe in Europe’s case

Maybe work with India for companies moving from China to India to get fast tracked on approvals. 

I have spent 20 years opposing most off shoring not sure I could support tax credits to companies doing it under any circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Napleshoosier said:

Japan started doing this a few weeks ago!

12 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Since you don't even know what drug it was, I doubt you're really interested in dialogue about it and instead favor your politics   I also doubt you're interested in the truth because you strike me as yet one more guy who doesn't come here for any reason other than to stir the pot.  I love guys like you.  You're easy    The crickets after the post you MEANT to grab are deafening, and I'm very happy to shove this across the table at YOU, too. 

Quackery.  That's cute. I do love (and you people are very consistent) the labels and complete dismissal of information and people you don't agree with because your media tells you it's....quackery.  Like I said....cute.

Since you asked (and I bet this isn't what you meant to imply with your divisive and condescending tone) :  HCQ in its design breaks down a cellular barrier and lets zinc into the cell.  Zinc is being utilized in every therapy being trialed at this point.  Some examples of  "how it turned out? "  HCQ is being used at Yale, there is a randomized trial ongoing at Henry Ford  Health System in Detroit,  St. Francis Network in NY, Orange County network in NY, it's prescribed for every COVID patient in Turkey and has been shown to either slow or eliminate ICU admissions.  A large doctor's group in Brazil posted a study over the weekend showing HCQ helped 91.6% of COVID patients, Dr. Michael Robb and Dr. Jane Orient, leaders in the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons said TODAY "We believe there is clear and convincing evidence of benefit both pre and post exposure (of use of HCQ)," meaning it may also be a prophylactic.  Its being used successfully for the first time with older patients at a nursing home in Texas.  Early adoption of HCQ in Italian hospitals showed unequivocal earlier release from hospitals compared to those who didn't receive it.  It was used in a trial in New Brisnwick, CA with 118 patients. All 118 recovered.  No deaths.  No ICU admissions.

Do you need MORE examples of "how it turned out?"    And surely you could have looked all of this up yourself, but it's just easier (and lazier and more predictable) to make fun of data your media won't give you.   You really should look this stuff up, though.  It's fun to learn accuracy instead of parroting.  Cute word though.  I like "quackery."  But if you want the REAL truth?  Read this.  COVID is a SARS virus.  In 2005 Dr. Fauci and others were very high on HCQ. Now?  It's Remdisavir.  You can draw your own conclusions, right?   https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy4zovox820vmpu/3G13018 50 micron.docx?dl=0

Sources?  Immunologists.  You think politicians are just opening things up because they feel like it?  How dumb are you?   Seriously....it's like you people just read what the media tells you and regurgitate it.  Think for yourself.  Try it.  Just one time.  What disinformation are you speaking of?  Why do I KNOW it's really "information you don't have" or information you don't agree with.    What else ya' got?  

Sure name the "immunologists".  Or did Fox not provide that to you.

The mods are giving a looooong leash in this thread, but:

Any posts that are entirely dedicated to attacking other posters will be hidden.

I’m trying not to be the babysitter/editor; however, posts that have substance yet still mix in personal attacks are gonna be deleted in full too if it is a trend.

Because in the long haul, the board will be better off if we don’t veer off into allowing that crap.

Thanks! 

The mods are giving a looooong leash in this thread, but:
Any posts that are entirely dedicated to attacking other posters will be hidden.
I’m trying not to be the babysitter/editor; however, posts that have substance yet still mix in personal attacks are gonna be deleted in full too if it is a trend.
Because in the long haul, the board will be better off if we don’t veer off into allowing that crap.
 Thanks! 

That Stuhoo is a Purdue Person.