Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Takes one time to figure if it’s worth it.  Fortunately I have a decent shaped bald head because I’ve some guys that look like skeletor.

I shaved my head for sports in high school.  I do not look good like that.  

Takes one time to figure if it’s worth it.  Fortunately I have a decent shaped bald head because I’ve some guys that look like skeletor.

That’s the truth. I shaved mine years ago when my wife was going thru chemo, was petrified I would look like skeletor. Luckily I had a head that could pull it off, been shaved ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I shaved it one time a couple years ago after a non fixable haircut and didn’t look terrible. My barber has the rona so hopefully he can fade me up again soon lol.

I really need to stay off Facebook for awhile. It's bad enough that people are sharing fake political propaganda like it's their job, but yesterday I saw a post from someone asking for help finding her lost "former" dog. Former, you ask? Well, apparently she and her husband gave the dog away because they "just didn't have time for it", now its current owner can't find it, and their autistic son is heartbroken that he may never see this dog again. Well, why the F did you give it away, then? 

"Just didn't have time for it" GMAFB. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I really need to stay off Facebook for awhile. It's bad enough that people are sharing fake political propaganda like it's their job, but yesterday I saw a post from someone asking for help finding her lost "former" dog. Former, you ask? Well, apparently she and her husband gave the dog away because they "just didn't have time for it", now its current owner can't find it, and their autistic son is heartbroken that he may never see this dog again. Well, why the F did you give it away, then? 

"Just didn't have time for it" GMAFB. 

I’m the Dikembe Mutombo of facebook blocking.

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not to be a sour patch kid, but the numbers I genuinely want to see is total death numbers on average January-April over the past 5 years compared to 2020.

Anyone have those? For the US.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I posted a link a ways back with cities and foreign countries. The conclusion was that daily deaths were undercounted. 

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

YES!!

And it was....just okay.  :(

One thing I have found funny is my reactions to some foods I haven’t had in a while.  Some of the things I loved before are now very ‘meh’.  Other things that were “meh” before now really hit the spot.

and I have been able to do a lot of copy cat recipes now for things I couldn’t get/weren’t worth the drive to get.  Used our air fryer a lot and made as good of chicken legs/wings as I could get anywhere local.  And find a recipe for knockoff chic fil A thst was on point.  Secret to it was funny.....marinade in pickle juice and a three is powdered sugar mixed into the breading.

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I posted a link a ways back with cities and foreign countries. The conclusion was that daily deaths were undercounted. 

Yes, if you take out the numbers from confirmed corona virus deaths, the numbers are still above average

I can search for those studies as well if you want them, WayneFleek

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not corona related. Just total US deaths 1/1 through 5/1. For a 5-10 year period.

Yes, he was referring to that.  When corona deaths have been subtracted, total deaths are still above trend.   I can find those studies later if you want.  Out on a hike wearing my personal PPE right now.

45BBC264-7E2E-41DE-AD05-99E422A90DC5.jpeg

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Would love to see them, thanks

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Not the article I had earlier but an interesting one 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/coronavirus-death-count-may-be-even-higher-0f393842-a9ec-413e-adec-6ecc3218806f.html

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not what I’m looking for. I want total death numbers. 2015-2020. By month ideally.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I guess I’m not sure why you would want to go back before the first coronavirus test.

Anyway, here is a link that has graphs from Jan through March for six states hard hit by coronavirus + NYC.  You’ll see that through Jan, Feb, and March that the totals were basically right in the middle of the other years for the same months.  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/28/us/coronavirus-death-toll-total.html

It actually shows graphs from Jan 1 through April 11.  Again, I'm not really sure why you want the Jan/Feb numbers since they were pre-conoravirus death totals.  Anyway, the graphs of the states I've posted you can see that the 2020 totals for Jan and Feb were basically right in the middle of the data of the last five years.  And in March there were only a little over 3,000 in the U.S. that had died due to coronavirus.