Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure that opening restaurants is the best idea, but I'm glad that at least they aren't allowed to open until the 11th. They will have some time to figure out how to safely reopen.

Dine in will be the last on my list of things to do.  Golfing -- which had already been open, but I have not done so -- will be my first.

We have had delivery but we've stuck with hot food and do not eat from their containers.  I keep getting close to cracking that rule because I REALLY miss fountain drinks, but I haven't yet.  Now Dairy Queen has come out with an iced animal cracker blizzard.....it's killing me to not to have had one.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Had read a similar story from a Tampa Bay newspaper yesterday.  Think a coroner in Tampa Bay estimated that the state had undercounted the total now by 10%.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Dine in will be the last on my list of things to do.  Golfing -- which had already been open, but I have not done so -- will be my first.

We have had delivery but we've stuck with hot food and do not eat from their containers.  I keep getting close to cracking that rule because I REALLY miss fountain drinks, but I haven't yet.  Now Dairy Queen has come out with an iced animal cracker blizzard.....it's killing me to not to have had one.

Have the blizzard.  You can't stop living.  

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

Have the blizzard.  You can't stop living.  

Believe it or not, people have lived without eating blizzards.  It'll happen when I feel comfortable doing it.  When you are living with someone who fits the profile of a coronavirus death, you will tend to be much more cautious.

Just wished they hadn't come out with iced animal cracker.  I know I'll give in within a week.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I've been craving some late-night half-price apps at Applebee's (I have expensive taste obviously) but I'll probably wait a bit. I really just want gyms to open up. I was able to snag a treadmill when things shutdown but not any weights.

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I've been craving some late-night half-price apps at Applebee's (I have expensive taste obviously) but I'll probably wait a bit. I really just want gyms to open up. I was able to snag a treadmill when things shutdown but not any weights.

I always buy exercise equipment that will sell best in three years when I sell them at my yard sale.

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Big statistics are great.  But to understand what is really going on one needs to go further and figure out why these states have different results.  Both states "shut down" within days of each other.  So what is going on in Indiana that is not going on in Ohio, and has that issue been corrected?  

Exactly.  My issue is that we haven’t bent the curve as much as Ohio did.  One thing that definitely was in place in Ohio was greater restrictions on areas that were shown to be hotspots.  In Indiana we seem to be doing that at the end of the cycle instead of the beginning.

FWIW, if I had to pick three counties to delay opening, I might have chosen Decatur over Lake.  Lake County is second in cases, but the case rate there wasn’t in the top ten counties the last time I looked (and there is drive through testing there).  Decatur County’s case rate is the second to only Cass and doubles Marion County.  It’s Death rate triples any county.  Lake County’s main drawback is its closeness to Chicago which is why they probably didn’t open it yet.  

Exactly.  My issue is that we haven’t bent the curve as much as Ohio did.  One thing that definitely was in place in Ohio was greater restrictions on areas that were shown to be hotspots.  In Indiana we seem to be doing that at the end of the cycle instead of the beginning.
FWIW, if I had to pick three counties to delay opening, I might have chosen Decatur over Lake.  Lake County is second in cases, but the case rate there wasn’t in the top ten counties the last time I looked (and there is drive through testing there).  Decatur County’s case rate is the second to only Cass and doubles Marion County.  It’s Death rate triples any county.  Lake County’s main drawback is its closeness to Chicago which is why they probably didn’t open it yet.  

I did like how Holcomb stated he did not have a problem with counties/municipalities if they felt they weren’t ready to move to phase 2 and didn’t right away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

I did like how Holcomb stated he did not have a problem with counties/municipalities if they felt they weren’t ready to move to phase 2 and didn’t right away.

Yes, I did hear that.  The one place that might do that is St. Joseph’s County.  There is a concern there about cases and their health care system in place.  Probably also a concern with it being on the Michigan border that a fragile system could get hurt by opening before they are ready.

i would likely say that behind the scenes Holcomb and the Marion County mayor were working in conjunction so that neither would take a big political hit which is why both delayed the opening.  I’m not arguing them them doing so, that is what it is.

Yes, I did hear that.  The one place that might do that is St. Joseph’s County.  There is a concern there about cases and their health care system in place.  Probably also a concern with it being on the Michigan border that a fragile system could get hurt by opening before they are ready.
i would likely say that behind the scenes Holcomb and the Marion County mayor were working in conjunction so that neither would take a big political hit which is why both delayed the opening.  I’m not arguing them them doing so, that is what it is.

Obviously it’s a personal opinion but I feel with that in mind it’s a happy medium for both the get back to work crowd and the shelter in place crowd. I live in Cass County and would not be shocked if the Logansport mayor didn’t move us to phase 2 until the end of May.

26 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Obviously it’s a personal opinion but I feel with that in mind it’s a happy medium for both the get back to work crowd and the shelter in place crowd. I live in Cass County and would not be shocked if the Logansport mayor didn’t move us to phase 2 until the end of May.

Could be.  Feel for those in Cass.  Could end up being not that big but does have some bad potential.  

Could be.  Feel for those in Cass.  Could end up being not that big but does have some bad potential.  

Everything seems stable right now with the volume of cases. As of two days ago there was less than 5 in the county on ventilators. Agreement with out of county hospitals to accept the most serious patients. my main concern is the large amount of asymptomatic cases from Tyson. How many are gonna develop symptoms? My mom got tested this morning.

44 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Everything seems stable right now with the volume of cases. As of two days ago there was less than 5 in the county on ventilators. Agreement with out of county hospitals to accept the most serious patients. my main concern is the large amount of asymptomatic cases from Tyson. How many are gonna develop symptoms? My mom got tested this morning.

Best of luck to her.

As a guy who was balding so bad he started shaving his head at 25, I’m pissed at barbershops reopening this month.  Been a hella long time since I looked better than guys with hair.....six weeks into corona,my bald head looks better than those homemade haircuts.

I need a cut something fierce. I have thick hair that grows straight out starting to look like a chia pet