Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

1 hour ago, BlueDevil said:

Cass county jumped to 340 cases with approximately 241 from Tyson

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We'll definitely be lagging when other areas begin to relax restrictions.  I don't think the full impact of Indiana Packers at Delphi as really hit Carroll Co., yet.

50 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

****, there’s not much a good workout and walk can’t fix. **** the leg for swelling up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyone but me notice what a way Aloha has with ****.   Old Bill Shakespeare and Charlie Dickens would be proud.  :103:

We'll definitely be lagging when other areas begin to relax restrictions.  I don't think the full impact of Indiana Packers at Delphi as really hit Carroll Co., yet.

Pulaski jumping a hair too. I know several people from up there that work at Tyson as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Yeah, saying there are '56 states' is equal to suggesting that injecting disinfectant could be a useful thing.

**** politics.  If you can't admit stupidity when you see it, you aren't capable of handling an argument that was actually based on politics....which this one isn't.

Even Obama's 57 states comment was dumb, sadly there are actually people in this country that think there are more than 50 states.  I don't see what's so bad about calling Trump's comment stupid and dangerous, it is especially when you add in the cult following he has that hangs on to his every word like the unquestionable truth.

The media just reported what he said, they didn't try adding qualifiers or read between the lines to make it what some want to hear.  Trump just loves to cry 'they're mean to me' when they don't suck up or lob softball questions and his cult has latched on to it.

Even Obama's 57 states comment was dumb, sadly there are actually people in this country that think there are more than 50 states.  I don't see what's so bad about calling Trump's comment stupid and dangerous, it is especially when you add in the cult following he has that hangs on to his every word like the unquestionable truth.
The media just reported what he said, they didn't try adding qualifiers or read between the lines to make it what some want to hear.  Trump just loves to cry 'they're mean to me' when they don't suck up or lob softball questions and his cult has latched on to it.

My junior in US History we got a 50 States test on the first. I was the only one in my grade to pass. The girl in front of me got Indiana and Kentucky. Somehow that wasn’t the worst part. She wrote down 3 states. The two she got right and Utah, which she placed where Georgia is.

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

My junior in US History we got a 50 States test on the first. I was the only one in my grade to pass. The girl in front of me got Indiana and Kentucky. Somehow that wasn’t the worst part. She wrote down 3 states. The two she got right and Utah, which she placed where Georgia is.

We had a class and the discussion involved hypothetically splitting the country in half, I believe based on geography, one person said it couldn't be in half because there are 51 states.  I wish I was joking.

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Going through Facebook posts this afternoon after the governor's latest update. I've gotten pretty good at sifting through the repetitive, boring comments and finding the hidden gems. Like the ones calling Governor Holcomb a "Democratic POS." 

A lot of people are convinced we're going to copy Illinois. I don't see us going that long, but I also don't see us reopening May 1st if they're waiting until the 30th. 

I don't see us opening May 1st either.  Holcomb was asked about the time line in conjunction to Illinois' May 30th and he said he didn't see it being that long, that they were just focusing on May 1st.  Important wording was that he 'focusing on' and not 'looking at reopening'.  If we were going to have the start of reopening May 1, I have to imagine we would already be hearing talk of it.

FWIW, after setting our high for number of reported cases in Indiana yesterday, we topped it again today....by a lot.  652 cases today after setting a high of 610 yesterday.

The thing to remember about case numbers is as test numbers go up, so will positive tests.  Hospitalizations are down, as are deaths.  Those are both signs that we've gotten some level of control over it.   There are hot spots for sure, but everyone knows about this, now.  Everyone knows to wash hands, keep physical distance, and avoid large crowds for the time being.    Indiana can open slowly and safely.....just as everyone else can outside very large populace areas.   I don't see May 1 as a green light, but maybe a yellow light if we're....orange now.   I think we will have a soft open like most places.

We (collective we) can deal with this thing now,    There are better treatments, better prepared medical systems and professionals, more testing capability, therapies being developed, and there are now almost built in mitigation techniques.   We're not yet out of the woods by any stretch, but the worst seems to be in the rear view mirror, so it's a good time to slowly pull back the curtain.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

The thing to remember about case numbers is as test numbers go up, so will positive tests.  Hospitalizations are down, as are deaths.  Those are both signs that we've gotten some level of control over it.   There are hot spots for sure, but everyone knows about this, now.  Everyone knows to wash hands, keep physical distance, and avoid large crowds for the time being.    Indiana can open slowly and safely.....just as everyone else can outside very large populace areas.   I don't see May 1 as a green light, but maybe a yellow light if we're....orange now.   I think we will have a soft open like most places.

We (collective we) can deal with this thing now,    There are better treatments, better prepared medical systems and professionals, more testing capability, therapies being developed, and there are now almost built in mitigation techniques.   We're not yet out of the woods by any stretch, but the worst seems to be in the rear view mirror, so it's a good time to slowly pull back the curtain.

Deaths are down?  Deaths were at their highest on Tuesday and there’s there’s no conclusive proof that the trend is going down. 

Here's the Indiana death chart, genius.   Yesterday, deaths dropped from 27 to 10 and they added a few "new ones."  Today was lower than that.  And this is what I said   :    Indiana can open slowly and safely.....just as everyone else can outside very large populace areas.

Stop stalking.  At some point....stop stalking.

https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm

8 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Here's the Indiana death chart, genius.   Yesterday, deaths dropped from 27 to 10 and they added a few "new ones."  Today was lower than that.  And this is what I said   :    Indiana can open slowly and safely.....just as everyone else can outside very large populace areas.

A one or two day dip doesn’t mean jack. Stop spreading dangerous lies. You aren’t important enough to stalk btw. But when your spreading dangerous lies I’m going to tell you how wrong you are. As often as you are wrong about everything you would think you were used to it by now. 

At some point people will have to grapple with the fact that Sweden never locked down and their hospitals maintained the capacity to treat every coronavirus patient in their country. No overwhelmed hospitals. Enough ICU capacity. And no economic suicide.

https://uncoverdc.com/2020/04/23/sweden-shatters-lock-down-model-as-curves-stay-flat/?fbclid=IwAR1NDUZGyUEyATpipYtqtXLWPh9vZHng3zeLM9iE3s7ZDj-Jun8N7Opdnt8

33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

A one or two day dip doesn’t mean jack. Stop spreading dangerous lies. You aren’t important enough to stalk btw. But when your spreading dangerous lies I’m going to tell you how wrong you are. As often as you are wrong about everything you would think you were used to it by now. 

Then why do you keep doing it?   If you truly think what I say on a message board is dangerous, you'd better believe I'm worth stalking.   Dangerous to who?  Enough stupid people read this that correcting you and showing the Indiana State Department of Health page is dangerous?  Lies?  Here are numbers from the CDC today :

Newly-reported deaths: Today: 1,772 Yesterday: 1,886 One week ago (4/17): 2,069

Deaths...down...nationwide, even though that wasn't what I said, nor what I meant.  Who was wrong about this?   OH!!  YOU!!!   Or were you "lying?"  Good grief.

Also, peak deaths in Indiana on April 14th, trending consistently down since then (that's more than one day, right?).  Are you unable to read a bar graph?   That shouldn't surprise me, but for some reason it does.

You saying "the more you're wrong" doesn't actually make that true you know.    I have asked you several times to show your work and you haven't yet done it, so my guess is you'll just keep coming back with that and hope some of these people to whom I might be dangerous actually believe it.   Because that will mean........that......that will mean.....uh.....

Stop stalking.  Just...stop.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Then why do you keep doing it?   If you truly think what I say on a message board is dangerous, you'd better believe I'm worth stalking.   Dangerous to who?  Enough stupid people read this that correcting you and showing the Indiana State Department of Health page is dangerous?  Lies?  Here are numbers from the CDC today :

Newly-reported deaths: Today: 1,772 Yesterday: 1,886 One week ago (4/17): 2,069

Deaths...down...nationwide, even though that wasn't what I said, nor what I meant.  Who was wrong about this?   OH!!  YOU!!!   Or were you "lying?"  Good grief.

Also, peak deaths in Indiana on April 14th, trending consistently down since then (that's more than one day, right?).  Are you unable to read a bar graph?   That shouldn't surprise me, but for some reason it does.

You saying "the more you're wrong" doesn't actually make that true you know.    I have asked you several times to show your work and you haven't yet done it, so my guess is you'll just keep coming back with that and hope some of these people to whom I might be dangerous actually believe it.   Because that will mean........that......that will mean.....uh.....

Stop stalking.  Just...stop.

2 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Before you start throwing around terms of endearment like “genius’, you might want to actually learn his the recorded death count works on the Indiana gov site.  Wait three To four days and tell me how accurate your statement of three days of 27, 10, less than 10 for the dates you are listing are.  The death counts are always in arrears.  A person that dies on a, say, a Monday has a very small chance of that paperwork getting recorded by the State’s office until Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.  All deaths which are related to a public safety hazard or contagious disease in Indiana have to be reported by the coroner’s office.

i also noted that you cherry picked over the spikes in the national data of number of daily deaths.

4 hours ago, Old Friend said:

If things have gotten so much better in the last couple of weeks, why are the models adjusting for number of deaths up and not down?  The highly touted 60,000 number through August 30th will likely be here by April 30th.

At some point people will have to grapple with the fact that Sweden never locked down and their hospitals maintained the capacity to treat every coronavirus patient in their country. No overwhelmed hospitals. Enough ICU capacity. And no economic suicide.

https://uncoverdc.com/2020/04/23/sweden-shatters-lock-down-model-as-curves-stay-flat/?fbclid=IwAR1NDUZGyUEyATpipYtqtXLWPh9vZHng3zeLM9iE3s7ZDj-Jun8N7Opdnt8

Seems all of the US is pretty good in terms of available space in the ICU and ventilators, outside of New York.

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sweden has the highest death rate among Scandinavian countries.  I wouldn't use them as a success story.