Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

19 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lol. Yeah, we take Delta. And good for you. Smart dentist, from IN to Hawaii. Speaking of which, we are forecasted to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

My wife was forecasted to get 3-6 last night but only got a dusting.  

Sad Rimshot GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

37 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/florida-beach-reopen-coronavirus-mad-dash-075308141.html

Well we can nearly guarantee there will be SEC football this year. People are idiots.

This kind of stupid crap could cause another spike.  Human stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

We went hiking at McCormicks Creek last weekend and it was hard at times to get 6’ spacing. But it got me thinking that if they could enforce the spacing on the beaches those should be open for locals just as the state parks are. If they can’t or if people cannot behave then you might have to restrict again

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We went hiking at McCormicks Creek last weekend and it was hard at times to get 6’ spacing. But it got me thinking that if they could enforce the spacing on the beaches those should be open for locals just as the state parks are. If they can’t or if people cannot behave then you might have to restrict again

Jacksonville beach is open now but the rest are still closed as far as I know. So are the Fla state parks.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Heard this morning that NYC opened its mass transit today. Is that accurate? If so I am far more concerned about that than a beach in Florida

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Heard this morning that NYC opened its mass transit today. Is that accurate? If so I am far more concerned about that than a beach in Florida

I don’t think they ever closed it.  But that’s probably because the city would shut down. Healthcare workers use it not to mention other essential workers. 

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

Just humans beings being human beings.

Unfortunately for supposedly being the smartest animals on the planet, human being are incredibly stupid.  Semi jokingly, it's kind of why I don't think aliens have ever visited this planet; because stuff like large gatherings in the middle of a pandemic would lead one to believe there is no intelligent life on this planet.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Without it, there would be no annual Darwin Awards to look forward to.

Those can be funny but it'd be better of the stupidity was working it's way out of the gene pool, but it seems to be getting worse.

Me:  "Can people can get dumber?...."

People:  "Challenge accepted"

Sunlight kills the virus quickly and it's hard to transmit outdoors anyway. People thought the spring breakers would cause hospital surges too, and that never happened. Going to the beach is low risk, and there is plenty of space. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sunlight kills the virus quickly and it's hard to transmit outdoors anyway. People thought the spring breakers would cause hospital surges too, and that never happened. Going to the beach is low risk, and there is plenty of space. 

Source for any of that?

It’ll be an interesting test I guess. We still aren’t sure how our bodies react after having it. Will the body know how to fight it if it comes in contact again? Might find out sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

44 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

And according to that article the DHS suggests not drawing conclusions based on unpublished data.