Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

****, this is the dumb **** we get. How would yourself today look different than your 10 year old self?! You’re both way better than that. This is what we get when we’re divided. I’m sure there is some, at the very least, close to common ground but hey **** that let’s call each other names on the shot we don’t agree about. What kind of **** is that?! **** this stupid **** man. **** **** ****!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t know why. I envision you smashing a keyboard and scaring a pet during that post.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

****, this is the dumb **** we get. How would yourself today look different than your 10 year old self?! You’re both way better than that. This is what we get when we’re divided. I’m sure there is some, at the very least, close to common ground but hey **** that let’s call each other names on the shot we don’t agree about. What kind of **** is that?! **** this stupid **** man. **** **** ****!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You're right. You are and I'm sorry.    I've had enough of his ****.   This ain't the first time.   I apologize for my role in it but at some point, enough.   We're all on edge for the same reason, and the guy finally crossed the line for me.  Years.   Enough.

I don’t know why. I envision you smashing a keyboard and scaring a pet during that post.

I haven’t smashed things in years. It’s just not worth it. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I don’t have a pet. I’m typically a pretty calm and relaxed person. There are things that piss me off though.

15 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I have zero party affiliation and zero interest claiming one side or the other because (this is a broad brush I’m using here) THEY tend to vote on what is best for their party or what will get them where they want to go. What in the **** kind of leadership is that?!

I have no allegiance to any political entity and prefer to evaluate issues and candidates in my own way according to my values. I am also sick of being put in a position of having to choose the "lesser of two evils" every election day. The degree of corporate control over candidates and institutions through political contributions has compromised their ability to be effective leaders. We, as a nation, are so far down the rabbit hole that I'm not sure we will ever get back to what the founding fathers intended. The current crisis puts all of our dysfunctions on full display. If there ever was a time to speak and act with one voice, it is now. Instead, and this thread has become a microcosm of it, look what we are doing.

You're right. You are and I'm sorry.    I've had enough of his ****.   This ain't the first time.   I apologize for my role in it but at some point, enough.   We're all on edge for the same reason, and the guy finally crossed the line for me.  Years.   Enough.

Old Friend, I’ve disagreed, along with many others, about some of your views in the past. I’ve disagreed with Josh too. I’ve learned over the years it’s easier and better to try to start from a point of agreement before discussing areas of disagreement. There are posters on here that I just laugh at because of their nonsense but it doesn’t do any good to get into them about it.

I’m not the biggest supporter of President Trump. He has done a great job in some areas (economy) and the fact he’s an outsider. I absolutely hate the fact that he’s a divider and not a uniter. That’s limited him on some of the great things he could have done while in office.

Regardless, I appreciate you manning up. There’s no need to apologize for your behavior. If you feel that way make small changes each day to get where you want to be in terms of your reaction. We control very little of our worlds but we control our reactions. I know there are a ton of competitors on here, I’m one of them, don’t lose to your reaction.

I haven’t smashed things in years. It’s just not worth it. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I don’t have a pet. I’m typically a pretty calm and relaxed person. There are things that piss me off though.

I hear you man. I can’t do politics for that reason.

Here's the thing folks, this isn't a political thing.  The sooner you look in the mirror and realize that the faster all of us take the virus and shove it up it's butt.  Science is our secret weapon in this fight.  And experts in the infectious disease field are our General Washington's of our time.  I strongly believe the colors red and blue will dissolve into COVID.  I'm just not sure how soon.  

Here's the thing folks, this isn't a political thing.  The sooner you look in the mirror and realize that the faster all of us take the virus and shove it up it's butt.  Science is our secret weapon in this fight.  And experts in the infectious disease field are our General Washington's of our time.  I strongly believe the colors red and blue will dissolve into COVID.  I'm just not sure how soon.  

What in the world does it mean that the colors red and blue will dissolve into COVID?

50 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

What in the world does it mean that the colors red and blue will dissolve into COVID?

Those watching Fox News or MSNBC will all be on the exact same page.  Talking heads like Laura Ingraham and Rachel Maddow won't be asking Dr. Fauci misleading questions.  Instead they'll be providing valuable identical information to their viewers.  A news outlet won't compare this virus to car accident fatalities.  People won't be defending their political affiliation.  Conversations regarding this virus won't be politically driven.  The colors Red and Blue are tied to political parties.  I'm not sure how else to say it.  Hope this answers your question.  Stay safe.

Those watching Fox News or MSNBC will all be on the exact same page.  Talking heads like Laura Ingraham and Rachel Maddow won't be asking Dr. Fauci misleading questions.  Instead they'll be providing valuable identical information to their viewers.  A news outlet won't compare this virus to car accident fatalities.  People won't be defending their political affiliation.  Conversations regarding this virus won't be politically driven.  The colors Red and Blue are tied to political parties.  I'm not sure how else to say it.  Hope this answers your question.  Stay safe.

Man if you’re right and that Fox and MSNBC viewers will be on the same page I will be stunned. Perhaps once DT is out of office but I don’t see that happening before and tbh, don’t think it will be the case after.

That’s never going to happen. Since the mid 90s the parties have weaponized partisanship to their advantage. 

If you make your base hate the other party they won’t even consider voting for them it makes election season a lot easier. 

And yes the news media does add to this but more as a result on being entertainment and being what their target audience wants. 

If you weaponize your base to hate the other party the one thing you can’t do is then compromise. Wasn’t always like that. Eisenhower had a Democratic Congress the majority of his tenure and he was able to accomplish great things. 

COVID will change every person on this planet's thinking.  Keep in mind folks, I'm strictly talking about this virus.  Nothing else. Right now, the US is politicizing it.  That will change.  

COVID will change every person on this planet's thinking.  Keep in mind folks, I'm strictly talking about this virus.  Nothing else. Right now, the US is politicizing it.  That will change.  

I believe the corona virus has already changed most people’s thinking. If it hasn’t nothing short of aliens ***** slapping them will.

The country will need a common enemy greater than the virus for that to happen. If it comes to that we’ll need those same aliens to help reconstruct the planet.

24 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe the corona virus has already changed most people’s thinking. If it hasn’t nothing short of aliens ***** slapping them will.

The country will need a common enemy greater than the virus for that to happen. If it comes to that we’ll need those same aliens to help reconstruct the planet.

I don't.  When you see and hear people compare COVID-19 fatalities to car accidents and drowning fatalities per year we have a long way to go.  A long way.