Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

This drug should clearly be between a patient and his/her doctor; but here you have an up close and personal look at how this whole thing is being politicized.  There IS evidence of this drug having some success, but depending on your political views and the places you go for information, it can also be viewed as harmful.   This drug has been around for 65 years, is safe, and as a mono-pharmaceutical has zero adverse consequences.  That's a fact.  But still....

https://twitter.com/cnsnews/status/1249785890056089608?s=20

28 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

This drug should clearly be between a patient and his/her doctor; but here you have an up close and personal look at how this whole thing is being politicized.  There IS evidence of this drug having some success, but depending on your political views and the places you go for information, it can also be viewed as harmful.   This drug has been around for 65 years, is safe, and as a mono-pharmaceutical has zero adverse consequences.  That's a fact.  But still....

https://twitter.com/cnsnews/status/1249785890056089608?s=20

Incommmmming!!!!!

My brother and his wife both just recovered from Covid-19 and both said it was more or less just an annoyance than anything. Never felt that sick or that their life was in jeopardy. My brother lost his sense of smell and taste and said that was the biggest bummer since he is a big time green egg griller. They are surprised at how it is being portrayed right now by the media. Economy is collapsing and country needs reopened ASAP. Those that are at consider high risk should self isolate while all others should go about and just be cautious with social distancing practices that have been in place. These projections have been way off thankfully and really hope we can get back to “normal” a lot sooner than later. Look at what Sweden has done and their economy only went down 5% compared to 30% to ours.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

My brother and his wife both just recovered from Covid-19 and both said it was more or less just an annoyance than anything. Never felt that sick or that their life was in jeopardy. My brother lost his sense of smell and taste and said that was the biggest bummer since he is a big time green egg griller. They are surprised at how it is being portrayed right now by the media. Economy is collapsing and country needs reopened ASAP. Those that are at consider high risk should self isolate while all others should go about and just be cautious with social distancing practices that have been in place. These projections have been way off thankfully and really hope we can get back to “normal” a lot sooner than later. Look at what Sweden has done and their economy only went down 5% compared to 30% to ours.

Apparently, it affects different people in different ways. Just because your brother and wife didn't have severe symptoms doesn't mean it's not a serious threat. George Stephanopoulous has it and for the most part, he's asymptomatic. But his wife has it and she's fairly ill. ... I'd like to get back to "normal" sooner rather than later -- I think all of us would. But people all over the country -- young, middle-aged and old -- are dying, and it's not safe yet. You don't know how your body will react to it until you get it -- that's really rolling the dice. 

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Certainly happy they weren't severely stricken but I think our own @mamasa would describe what he had as more than an annoyance.  Bottom line is there is no way to gauge how it's going to impact each individual.  Personally, I don't want to find out.

You're definitely correct- glad that many are getting a mild dose!  I'm still not "cleared" by local hospital/health dept. (meaning that they call me every other day to check in, lol).  

University of Cincinnati discontinuing its men's soccer program.  Won't be a surprise to see other universities begin to pare down the number of sports programs they support.  Saw an article yesterday about Harvard of all places and how it will have to tighten its overall budget.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2020/4/14/uc-discontinues-mens-soccer-program.aspx

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/hyped-malaria-pill-doesnt-help-clear-coronavirus-in-study/ar-BB12EEbv?li=BBnb7Kz

Anecdotal. That’s why things get tested on a larger scale and not pushed somewhere. There are legit people that need that drug. Screwing up its availability was never a good idea without thorough testing.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/hyped-malaria-pill-doesnt-help-clear-coronavirus-in-study/ar-BB12EEbv?li=BBnb7Kz

Anecdotal. That’s why things get tested on a larger scale and not pushed somewhere. There are legit people that need that drug. Screwing up its availability was never a good idea without thorough testing.

No benefits, serious side effects.

Are we winning yet?

38 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

I wouldn’t trust any study from China

34 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

It just says the side effects are mild.  I already hear the 'fake news' rhetoric, because Trump said to try it so it must work.

How about this study from France?

French study finds hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients with coronavirus - 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/health/new-french-study-hydroxychloroquine/index.html

How about this study from France?

French study finds hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients with coronavirus - 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/health/new-french-study-hydroxychloroquine/index.html

CNN is about the last place I want to read anything from

This morning they shared a “study” from Harvard that suggests we should be social distancing til 2022. Fear Mongering at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app