Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I know a family having 35 people at their house on Sunday for Easter. From toddlers all the way up to elderly in their 90's. 

I wish people weren't stupid. 

Stupid is as stupid does.  IMHO the best thing about this chit is I don't have to see "family."  :) 

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I know a family having 35 people at their house on Sunday for Easter. From toddlers all the way up to elderly in their 90's. 

They'll find a vaccine for COVID-19 before they find one for stupidity.

To grant a break from all the doom and gloom, I posted something about these two pooches a while back. Their human is a British sportscaster and since there are no sports to cast, he announces his labs' activities. So, without further ado, I give you Olive vs. Mabel, Round II. 

To grant a break from all the doom and gloom, I posted something about these two pooches a while back. Their human is a British sportscaster and since there are no sports to cast, he announces his labs' activities. So, without further ado, I give you Olive vs. Mabel, Round II. 

[/url]  

These are great!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 4/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe we are, but doesn't this pose the risk of going too far in the other direction? We're currently focusing on testing people with suspected cases, and only 15-20% of those tests come back positive. If they have that much trouble figuring out who has it while they're alive, why believe they'd be much better at predicting suspected cases when they're dead? The symptoms are very similar to other illnesses.

What you cited was for one state might inflate the number slightly, but what you had cited was one state's decision to do so and it was a state (Ohio) that isn't collectively moving the needle.  My statement was that the previous numbers were likely undercounts because if the practice is to NOT count people suspected to have died from covid 19 because they weren't tested, then the only people in the count are the ones that tested positive.  I'd also not waste medical resources on testing corpses to see if they were or were not positive for corona.

Indiana coronavirus map site has an updated look that now includes the % of ICU beds that are available in the state and the % of ventilators that are available.

Numbers trending very well in Indiana.  I would not be surprised to see Indiana some ventilators to places that are in more need of them in the near future.

https://coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm

I'm a little concerned we might see another spike here soon because of the holiday. I know more families who were having large gatherings yesterday because they think the worst is over and they were tired of staying home. 

So that’s 8,236 cases with 350 deaths. So 0.04% of the cases in Indiana have died. On the CDC’s site it says there are 525,704 cases with 20,486 deaths which is 0.03% of the cases.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Now the Black Plague was at like 30% on the low end. Which would be 157,711 deaths. But the plague was a completely different monster, especially the second time since it wiped out so much of the worlds population. If you want to watch a good video on it...

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So that’s 8,236 cases with 350 deaths. So 0.04% of the cases in Indiana have died. On the CDC’s site it says there are 525,704 cases with 20,486 deaths which is 0.03% of the cases.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Pretty sure your decimals are in the wrong places 

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It should about 3% and 4%. That’s just of confirmed. And the CDC also includes possible cases and not just confirmed.

Man I love there mental gymnastics some people are going to to try and discredit this

Its the Flu quit worrying 

There’s only 15 cases soon to be 0 and they all traveled abroad

Ok so maybe we will see an increase but never italy numbers

Ok we hit italy numbers but we are a larger country than Italy 

As it turns out these numbers are all made up because the CDC is lying about it 

Man I love there mental gymnastics some people are going to to try and discredit this

Literally never said any of that. But here’s what’s on their site just now...
IMG_3219.jpg

On 4/10/2020 at 9:41 PM, TheWatShot said:

But they are.  Amazingly so in some cases like yours.   And they lie.  And they believe what they want to believe.  And they politicize.  And they narrow their information sources to fit their own narratives.  And they're lazy.  And they don't generally like conflict so they follow.   And they're generally negative when fearful.  And they're distrusting, especially of authority - sometimes justifiably, sometimes not.  And they're weak.  And they're satisfied being "C students."   And they avoid risk.  "People" gravitate toward comfort and security.  Toward safety.  Very few are willing to say and do the hard things, and the attached?  It changed my life.  I hope it does for even one person here.   

2%.jpg

It is happening on all sides though that is what drives me crazy. Goal posts moving everywhere. I think the only think I am really tracking now is the deaths/1M. I think that gives an indication on how this is impacting countries. Once done that should be a good indicator.

Europe (except Germany) has really high numbers for this but they are a week or so ahead of us and we are climbing.

I get tired of the blame game and all politicians and media are doing this.