Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

And damn it you don’t need UBI! That’s horse crap! Sack up and do what you need to do instead of sitting on your butt at home. Sorry. Don’t give me that crap!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Some of us do need it. As we can’t work and don’t need to be around anyone. In a few days, I will be 100% stuck to my property because of a newborn. Outside of medical needs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Can we all play nice please?  The world sucks right now but whether it's politicians at the national level or our btb family, getting into "did not" "did so" arguments and finger pointing doesn't solve anything.  Every one of us has a different set of personal circumstances we're dealing with and the stress of those circumstances is only going to build in the short run.  I love this board and I don't want to see it disintegrate because of this damn virus.  

6 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

And damn it you don’t need UBI! That’s horse crap! Sack up and do what you need to do instead of sitting on your butt at home. Sorry. Don’t give me that crap!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This post is so devoid of the reality of the current economic situation. 

I love you all. We are all getting stir crazy. I think we all need to watch that IU vs UNC game in Bloomington and take a shot for every time Crean readjusted himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I really just need to find a basketball goal and I will be much better off lol. One other than my sons small plastic one anyways.

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I love you all. We are all getting stir crazy. I think we all need to watch that IU vs UNC game in Bloomington and take a shot for every time Crean readjusted himself.

I prefer the GIF from the Purdue game where he's glaring at that Purdue dude walking backwards down the court. 1) because it's hilarious, and 2) the graphic shows us beating the snot out of Purdue, and we never see that anymore. 

The political back and forth is absolute horseshit. There’s been mistakes and tough calls to make on both sides. Politicking has no ******* business in what this country is going through. Those who are doing the politicking need to be fired (see: not re-elected) after all this **** is over.

It’s like an old boss would say to me “I couldn’t care less what has happened. How the **** do we fix it and fix it now?”

The ****s who made poor choices can be dealt with once we’re in the clear. That starts with our relationship with China.

18 hours ago, Josh said:

Boy, I don't know.  I mean, firing Dr Linda Quick and then whole pandemic response team certainly hampered things.  One could argue that we would have been able to plan for this without those missteps.

Who needs Dr Quick when we have the secret weapon.......KUSHNER!!!!

Who needs Dr Quick when we have the secret weapon.......KUSHNER!!!!

I don’t really get the hate people have for Kushner. Not saying you hate him but I watched when he spoke the other day and the saw subsequent people with such hateful comments. I missed something

China is sending us medical supplies.  I do believe we are witnessing the end of American Hegemony 

Maybe it would behoove us to work with the world again. This was a collective f*** up. No one side is better than the other. It was everyone. At a point like this in history we maintained our hegemony due to the leadership and structure of military/government. I don’t care which side of the aisle you are on, we should all want us to thrive in the end. It’s what Americans do. I think we will in spite of/because of (depending which side you sit on) President Trump.

23 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Maybe it would behoove us to work with the world again. This was a collective f*** up. No one side is better than the other. It was everyone. At a point like this in history we maintained our hegemony due to the leadership and structure of military/government. I don’t care which side of the aisle you are on, we should all want us to thrive in the end. It’s what Americans do. I think we will in spite of/because of (depending which side you sit on) President Trump.

I agree completely. 

26 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I don’t really get the hate people have for Kushner. Not saying you hate him but I watched when he spoke the other day and the saw subsequent people with such hateful comments. I missed something

I am very curious who the federal stockpiles are for if not the states.