Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Its Impact

I'm up in the Northwest portion of Indiana.  The county I live in currently has 21 confirmed cases (of course we know that the actual number of cases is much higher, but it's the only gauge we can use), or right at 1 per 8,000 people.  The county next to us (closer to Illinois) has 146 cases -- it is a more populated county -- or about 1 per 3,300 people.  And I venture to guess that if you broke that county down, the northwestern portions of it -- the part closest to Chicago and the part of the county with the more densely packed, populated pockets -- has the majority of the cases.  No deaths in the county I live in yet;  5 in the county I teach in.

A coworker of mine has a daughter living in NYC and she is a school administrator.  She's young, but as a cancer survivor is in a high risk group.  The day they closed the NYC schools, she was in an auditorium teaching 600 teachers how to use chromebooks.  The next day, she was part of the administration passing out 6,000 chromebooks to students.  Luckily, she has shown no symptoms and is past the timeline when symptoms should have shown from those interactions.  Unfortunately, two teachers at the elementary school she is an administer of have tested positive and one died. 

IMG_0895.thumb.jpg.bc59180ab9841f71b9d9fa3be1155447.jpg

No idea how true but nonetheless interesting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I saw that. This article is interesting too. Certainly not likely 21 million died and some of this might be related to people staying home but this was the first decrease after consistent annual increases

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I am all for it.  And may as well do a fall Little 5 to boot.  If we cancel all these celebrations, the virus wins.  

IMG_0895.thumb.jpg.bc59180ab9841f71b9d9fa3be1155447.jpg

No idea how true but nonetheless interesting

I wouldn’t trust a word the CCP says! When this is over its time for big changes to be made in the relationship. Or so called relationship!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

IMG_1938.jpg

Working from home, preparing for one schooling from home, preparing to occupy the other from bothering the one schooling from home, and a cat in heat! It’s time for a drink! And I really miss basketball

I had to come home today because of flu like symptoms. Wasnt hiding them I don’t think it’s Corona but hoping to get tested(doubtful) so I can get back to work 

Hey man hope you get to feeling better. We had 2 in our extended family get tested. 1 was negative and 1 positive. Fortunately the positive one is feeling great but we all crossed paths with her so now we wait.

Hopefully you feel better soon and can get tested to provide some direction

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Hey man hope you get to feeling better. We had 2 in our extended family get tested. 1 was negative and 1 positive. Fortunately the positive one is feeling great but we all crossed paths with her so now we wait.

Hopefully you feel better soon and can get tested to provide some direction

I honestly don’t feel that bad. If this wasn’t going on I would have popped some Tylenol and been at work. 

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Stay home. Take vacation, dig into savings, so what you can to stay home and rest

I don’t even have to take vacation but since I don’t feel that bad I want to get back to my team we are understaffed and I want to be there for them. 

912 people yesterday died from this just in the US. New York had a worse day by population than any day Italy or Spain has had  Statistically we will likely see 1000+ die tomorrow.  Variation might spare us a day but at the rate of increase we are looking at 2000+ a day by the end of the week

Louisiana,  New Jersey and Michigan are hot beds sounds like Chicago may not be far behind. Indy and Miami may even be close behind them. 

The more numbers I see, the more I remember the sick people with a weird....something that was never diagnosed and presented as "negative" for the flu, and the more I read about people with antibodies, the more I think this bad boy's been around for longer than "since January 21st."

The more numbers I see, the more I remember the sick people with a weird....something that was never diagnosed and presented as "negative" for the flu, and the more I read about people with antibodies, the more I think this bad boy's been around for longer than "since January 21st."

Since January 21st and as of January 14th, the Chinese government was telling the WHO it wasn’t contagious from human to human.

912 people yesterday died from this just in the US. New York had a worse day by population than any day Italy or Spain has had  Statistically we will likely see 1000+ die tomorrow.  Variation might spare us a day but at the rate of increase we are looking at 2000+ a day by the end of the week
Louisiana,  New Jersey and Michigan are hot beds sounds like Chicago may not be far behind. Indy and Miami may even be close behind them. 

Miami/Fort Lauderdale has 2300+ now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app