Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

Oliver Sarr is transferring from Wake Forest. 7 ft center averaged 14 & 9. Wouldn’t mind seeing him at the 5 and TJD at the 4. Trying to apply for a waiver to be able for next year due to coaching change

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
What year in school?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Oliver Sarr is transferring from Wake Forest. 7 ft center averaged 14 & 9. Wouldn’t mind seeing him at the 5 and TJD at the 4. Trying to apply for a waiver to be able for next year due to coaching change

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can't imagine we would be a viable suitor; we have many options at the 5 spot already.

I always wonder how much the coaches facilitate these transfers for the players. We had a scrimmage with Loyola a couple years ago and the coaching staffs are probably somewhat familiar with each other. I wonder if that led to a few phone calls to find Damezi a landing spot.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I always wonder how much the coaches facilitate these transfers for the players. We had a scrimmage with Loyola a couple years ago and the coaching staffs are probably somewhat familiar with each other. I wonder if that led to a few phone calls to find Damezi a landing spot.

Assuming the transfer is amicable, which it certainly seems so in this case, I think it's pretty safe to assume that either Archie called Moser on Anderon's behalf or that Moser called Archie for background and Archie helped.

42 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

St. John's wing L.J. Figueroa is in the transfer portal, source told ESPN. Averaged 14.5 points and 4.5 rebounds last season, shot 36.5% from 3.

I've seen some speculation that we might reach out.

Hmm amazing how that happens. Hope we do. Very concerned with depth. 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

LJ Figueroa was second team All-Big East.

Without a waiver he's a sit one, play two, which works great if you ask me.

Can he play some 4? 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

LJ Figueroa was second team All-Big East.

Without a waiver he's a sit one, play two, which works great if you ask me.

Turn the highlight reel on its Bill Walton.... smh. 

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Hopefully we reach out, but I'd bet $ on Figueroa ending up at Louisville/UK/Villanova.

From Massachusetts originally, maybe we have some type of connection I'm unaware of.

He’s from Mass?  Hometown is listed as Orlando and was recruited by Florida.  If he’s from Florida I bet Ostrom knows somebody he knows. 

On 5/26/2020 at 10:21 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

St. John's wing L.J. Figueroa is in the transfer portal, source told ESPN. Averaged 14.5 points and 4.5 rebounds last season, shot 36.5% from 3.

I've seen some speculation that we might reach out.

Watched him a couple times, pretty good player. Would definitely help us.