Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

IU should really work to get a multi-year big on the last available scholarship, whether a late-rising 2020 HSer we haven’t heard they’re after or a transfer.

I think Duncomb is a nice long-term piece and I like either/both Race and a particular ‘21 PF to play some minutes as a small-ball 5, but as of now the 2020-21 and 21-22 rosters seem to have one clear gap at the 5.

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

IU should really work to get a multi-year big on the last available scholarship, whether a late-rising 2020 HSer we haven’t heard they’re after or a transfer.

I think Duncomb is a nice long-term piece and I like either/both Race and a particular ‘21 PF to play some minutes as a small-ball 5, but as of now the 2020-21 and 21-22 rosters seem to have one clear gap at the 5.

I think we have a couple people to play the 5 this year.  Trayce and Brunk. 21-22 wouldn’t mind getting a grad transfer to give Logan a year to adjust 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I think we have a couple people to play the 5 this year.  Trayce and Brunk. 21-22 wouldn’t mind getting a grad transfer to give Logan a year to adjust 

Yes, got my years mixed up. Brass is right. Brunk graduates and assuming Trayce is at least a serious possibility to leave, you need someone you know can give you good minutes at the five thereafter.

20+ minutes, IMO, even if you play small some and trust Duncomb some in year one. 

9 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Yes, got my years mixed up. Brass is right. Brunk graduates and assuming Trayce is at least a serious possibility to leave, you need someone you know can give you good minutes at the five thereafter.

20+ minutes, IMO, even if you play small some and trust Duncomb some in year one. 

Yes, but if you could find a two year guy this year I would still like IU to take him. I might be in the minority, and not sure how realistic that is, but if we're wishing. 

I agree TJD is more than capable at the 5, but he played a lot of 4 last year and if the scholarship is just sitting there.....

Either way you are right about the following season, definitely need some depth there. Depending on a true Freshman center in the B1G (with only undersized forwards backing him up) sounds like a recipe for unmet expectations, no matter how talented the rest of the roster.

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

Yes, but if you could find a two year guy this year I would still like IU to take him. I might be in the minority, and not sure how realistic that is, but if we're wishing. 

I agree TJD is more than capable at the 5, but he played a lot of 4 last year and if the scholarship is just sitting there.....

Either way you are right about the following season, definitely need some depth there. Depending on a true Freshman center in the B1G (with only undersized forwards backing him up) sounds like a recipe for unmet expectations, no matter how talented the rest of the roster.

If We can get a two year guy by all means go for it. 

Wonder if they instead use the spot to go after a 5 star big in 2021

Very curious what we do here

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If We can get a two year guy by all means go for it. 

Wonder if they instead use the spot to go after a 5 star big in 2021

Very curious what we do here

Yes, I guess that’s the “shoot the moon” option. 

Bummed for DA. He seems like a good dude. It’s likely a wise decision though for all the obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Sucks being #13. Can’t blame him. I’d want to play too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app