Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Seems like we may have our 13 player roster:

TJD, Phin, Smith, Durham, Lander, Hunter, Race, Brunk, Damezi, Leal, Geronimo, Galloway, Franklin 

Very deep with what 8 guys from Indiana

Can any high major school make that claim of 8 instate players

Seems like we may have our 13 player roster:
TJD, Phin, Smith, Durham, Lander, Hunter, Race, Brunk, Damezi, Leal, Geronimo, Galloway, Franklin 

Which 3 sit? How will that chemistry be? They all seem like really high character kids. Easy to root for. Hope they are good on the court together.

Going to be tough for Archie to find which 3 don’t get PT imo. Not a lot of separation. 2-12. That’s good and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Which 3 sit? How will that chemistry be? They all seem like really high character kids. Easy to root for. Hope they are good on the court together.

Going to be tough for Archie to find which 3 don’t get PT imo. Not a lot of separation. 2-12. That’s good and bad.

My guess Leal and Galloway sir this year 

Leal ain’t sitting. Guarantee. He will be one of our Top 3 guards.

I’m not so sure.

This is a message board so I’m okay with conjecture.

My guess is Geronimo, Anderson.

Archie plays 11 early. Rotation narrows to 9-10 but not until mid B1G time.

53 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I wish IU would use the redshirt for development and roster management and not just due to injuries. I'm sure it's not super popular with players, but Anderson clearly wasn't ready and was a prime candidate for a RS either of his first two seasons. Almost certainly one of the freshmen class will be too. Why burn a year of eligibility on scrub minutes? I hate Wisconsin, but they seem to have perfected the use of the redshirt, particularly big men, and we've seem the pay-off. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The three that sit will be come from damezi, Trey, Jordan G, or AntLeal, but one of the nine veterans will be injured at any given point, so two of those four will get minutes.

Personally, I don’t see Galloway sitting. I think he’ll be our tenth. Guy is a playmaker and great defender. If I was guessing, I’d put Damezi, Leal, and Geronimo on the outside looking in for PT.

10 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Damezi could still be a solid role player as a junior and senior. It’s possible that he decided to stick around and compete for playing time or he didn’t want to try transferring in the midst of this coronavirus chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

At what spot, though?  

From the get go, everything I've heard about Damezi is that he puts in the time and the effort is there.  Don't think I've ever read or heard of any complaint from him.  And he certainly was given an opportunity in the first half of the season to show he could contribute.  His defense was better for sure.  But that brought him up to adequate defensively....and for whatever reason, he wasn't making shots.  Shooters who can't shoot can't play.

Don’t see it. Not over a senior Al, Junior Phin and Lander. Heck probably not over Armaan 

Lander and Al are the most likely to be our best two. Phinisee just isn’t that good and will play behind Lander. And things also depend on if Smith is playing more time at the 4 than the 3 and how much time Hunter is playing. Because that’ll open room for Al to play some at the 3. But Leal is going to be good. He will be better as a freshman than Franklin was and could be better than a sophomore Franklin. He could also get some time at the 3 as well as he’s a little bit bigger than Durham. Franklin and Durham are both listed at 6-4. Durham at 185 and Franklin at 195. Leal is 6-5 195.

Lander and Al are the most likely to be our best two. Phinisee just isn’t that good and will play behind Lander. And things also depend on if Smith is playing more time at the 4 than the 3 and how much time Hunter is playing. Because that’ll open room for Al to play some at the 3. But Leal is going to be good. He will be better as a freshman than Franklin was and could be better than a sophomore Franklin. He could also get some time at the 3 as well as he’s a little bit bigger than Durham. Franklin and Durham are both listed at 6-4. Durham at 185 and Franklin at 195. Leal is 6-5 195.

Wasn’t Al going to be playing less minutes because Leal was going to take some of his minutes? Now, Al is most likely to be top two guard with a 17 (or however old he will be, young is the point) old Lander..? Are we crowning Lander the next Yogi even when Yogi wasn’t all that great as an underclassman?