Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

As of now Bloomington Hospital has only put restrictions on visitors. But I’m still allowed in the delivery room as of now. It definitely makes it more stressful because there are cases of in Bloomington. Paoli has a really good baby unit and it’s just across town for us, but we just really like Bloomington and that where our son was born. And the posting will probably slow. So you all’s are welcome lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Congrats Loaded Chick!

10 hours ago, HoosierDYT said:

Is it possible DA stopped playing when he did to get a redshirt?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m not sure if the rule changed this year but, in the years previous to this, in men’s b-ball you could no longer redshirt if you played even a few minutes (ie the basketball rule did not change when football did, where you are allowed to play 4 games (a third of the season).

When Zion got hurt Coach K played Joey Baker for five minutes, in the 27th game, and Baker lost his eligibility for a non-medical redshirt. Baker did not play one second in the first 26 games but gave up a year for 5 minutes in the 27th game. In the subsequent games he only played 13 minutes for a grand total of 18 for the season.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:00 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Correct. And by close, I mean she is due Sunday.

Good luck this weekend.

Just a warning....as the kids arrive and grow so does your wife’s winning percentage. I was right 50-60% of the time before kids but am currently down to zero.

58 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I’m not sure if the rule changed this year but, in the years previous to this, in men’s b-ball you could no longer redshirt if you played even a few minutes (ie the basketball rule did not change when football did, where you are allowed to play 4 games (a third of the season).

When Zion got hurt Coach K played Joey Baker for five minutes, in the 27th game, and Baker lost his eligibility for a non-medical redshirt. Baker did not play one second in the first 26 games but gave up a year for 5 minutes in the 27th game. In the subsequent games he only played 13 minutes for a grand total of 18 for the season.

It’s a % of games played if I remember correctly. Not sure the situation with the Baker kid but maybe he had already used one redshirt year?  Bohanon at Iowa is a good example this season. He knew he could play up through the Iowa St. game, which was something like 11 games, before he had to make a decision about redshirting. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

It’s a % of games played if I remember correctly. Not sure the situation with the Baker kid but maybe he had already used one redshirt year?  Bohanon at Iowa is a good example this season. He knew he could play up through the Iowa St. game, which was something like 11 games, before he had to make a decision about redshirting. 

Nope.
Bohanon’s situation was different because he was deciding if he was going to take a medical redshirt due to missing time due to an injury.

Joey Baker lost his redshirt (non-medical) possibility when he played one second and I believe the same applied to Damezi.

EDIT: when it happened Coach K caught some flack for burning the kids redshirt by playing him in the 27th game of the season after sitting on the bench the first 26 games.

35 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Nope.
Bohanon’s situation was different because he was deciding if he was going to take a medical redshirt due to missing time due to an injury.

Joey Baker lost his redshirt (non-medical) possibility when he played one second and I believe the same applied to Damezi.

EDIT: when it happened Coach K caught some flack for burning the kids redshirt by playing him in the 27th game of the season after sitting on the bench the first 26 games.

Ah, didn’t realize the medical redshirt rules were different that a non medical redshirt.

Brunk, TJD, and Thompson can all play the center position in today's game.

IMO, Haarms is looking to go somewhere that he can look to be more of a stretch five....somewhere that he is more of a focal point of the offense.  The only way to do that is to go more mid major or somewhere willing to let him move out of the post position.  He's probably seeing it as the only way that he could ever get a look in the pros (he won't.....but that is the only way).