Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

He can play. I watched them play numerous times during the season. Early in the season at LSU he had a great game. Not afraid to shoot the ball. He will be able to play wherever he wants next year. Grad Transfers are a mixed bag. North Carolina got 2 of the top 10 last year. They definitely didn’t live up to their hype

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And Jeff Goodman is the same source that would suggest we kicked the tires but that's as far as it got with Justin Turner.

Jeff Goodman:  Bowling Green grad transfer Justin Turner (18.8 ppg) told me he has the following schools on his list: Louisville, Texas Tech, Marquette, Iowa State, Missouri, Georgia, Alabama, UConn

And Jeff Goodman is the same source that would suggest we kicked the tires but that's as far as it got with Justin Turner.
Jeff Goodman:  Bowling Green grad transfer Justin Turner (18.8 ppg) told me he has the following schools on his list: Louisville, Texas Tech, Marquette, Iowa State, Missouri, Georgia, Alabama, UConn

Could definitely see him going to any of those places.

Any news on possible outgoing transfers. I really figured we would have heard something by now, since the season came to a screeching halt 3 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agree, yet Nothing seems remotely normal right now. I figure the timelines are delayed and extended for some.

But yes, I’m a bit surprised too. Maybe the slightly positive ending of the season lessens the transfer totals. It seems we all expect 1 either from the player or the coach.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

On 3/21/2020 at 1:43 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’d definitely take him.

I'd definitely take this guy,

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
32 30.2 37.0 31.6 78.0 5.8 2.4 0.3 0.8 2.0 2.7 15.5

but I hope this guy transfers.

32 26.4 44.1 38.3 81.1 2.1 2.5 0.3 0.6 2.2 1.9 9.8

This is all based mostly on highlight videos I've watched, so I'm not suggesting I know much about his game other than what the highlights reveal to me.

Nolley is in most people's eyes the best in the transfer market.  I won't bother to argue that, as he could very well be.  However, he and his dad believe he is an NBA star already.  I didn't see enough proof to agree (neither did any mock drafts).  He has a lot of size for the position he wants to play, but he's certainly not uber athletic and I don't think he creates for himself as well as many other players (his drives seem fairly controlled, but slow and far from exciting).  Most of his highlights are of him shooting from outside where he only shot 31% from behind the arc.  He was the leading scorer, but on a weak team.  Based on a lot of VT fans' comments, he isn't too interested in playing much defense.  He averaged almost three turnovers per game.  There's no fault in wanting to play in the NBA, but some falsely believe they're ready before they are (and have fathers who push that mentality on to their sons).

I don't see Nolley being much more than a solid contributor next year on an Indiana team.  Don't get me wrong, another solid contributor would be a huge help.  However, I still am of the belief Al Durham has not reached his peak and will be an equally solid contributor.  I think he is better at creating for himself when he drives.  I think he's a better defender (at least willing).  I think his numbers will increase slightly again next year, and his outside shot is already finding the net at a higher percentage than Nolley's.  He has progressed each year in almost all statistical categories, and I believe he has the heart and will that comes from a senior still trying to leave his mark.  Whereas, I see Nolley looking for the best fit in college (which he should) so he can leave college as soon as possible.  My best guess is both of these players will only play one more year of college (one who better understands the system will leave due to graduation, and the other will leave as an early entry to the draft whether he is ready or not). 

I would prefer to watch a fourth-year player returning to a familiar system who started 30 games even as a sophomore (and who is returning after being selected as a co-captain this past season) play one more year, rather than watch a newcomer play one year.  Even if Al Durham doesn't play as much, as some posters believe will be the case, I still think he'll be a solid contributor.  I, personally, hope he stays.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:11 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They both helped and hurt. Neither were good. But I’d say the difference is the ability to not turn it over. That’s the biggest difference between the two.

Al logged 202 more minutes than Green (846-644) and turned the ball over 8 more times than Green (60-52).

Hmmmm...

I'd definitely take this guy,

32 30.2 37.0 31.6 78.0 5.8 2.4 0.3 0.8 2.0 2.7 15.5
but I hope this guy transfers.

32 26.4 44.1 38.3 81.1 2.1 2.5 0.3 0.6 2.2 1.9 9.8
This is all based mostly on highlight videos I've watched, so I'm not suggesting I know much about his game other than what the highlights reveal to me.
Nolley is in most people's eyes the best in the transfer market.  I won't bother to argue that, as he could very well be.  However, he and his dad believe he is an NBA star already.  I didn't see enough proof to agree (neither did any mock drafts).  He has a lot of size for the position he wants to play, but he's certainly not uber athletic and I don't think he creates for himself as well as many other players (his drives seem fairly controlled, but slow and far from exciting).  Most of his highlights are of him shooting from outside where he only shot 31% from behind the arc.  He was the leading scorer, but on a weak team.  Based on a lot of VT fans' comments, he isn't too interested in playing much defense.  He averaged almost three turnovers per game.  There's no fault in wanting to play in the NBA, but some falsely believe they're ready before they are (and have fathers who push that mentality on to their sons).
I don't see Nolley being much more than a solid contributor next year on an Indiana team.  Don't get me wrong, another solid contributor would be a huge help.  However, I still am of the belief Al Durham has not reached his peak and will be an equally solid contributor.  I think he is better at creating for himself when he drives.  I think he's a better defender (at least willing).  I think his numbers will increase slightly again next year, and his outside shot is already finding the net at a higher percentage than Nolley's.  He has progressed each year in almost all statistical categories, and I believe he has the heart and will that comes from a senior still trying to leave his mark.  Whereas, I see Nolley looking for the best fit in college (which he should) so he can leave college as soon as possible.  My best guess is both of these players will only play one more year of college (one who better understands the system will leave due to graduation, and the other will leave as an early entry to the draft whether he is ready or not). 
I would prefer to watch a fourth-year player returning to a familiar system who started 30 games even as a sophomore (and who is returning after being selected as a co-captain this past season) play one more year, rather than watch a newcomer play one year.  Even if Al Durham doesn't play as much, as some posters believe will be the case, I still think he'll be a solid contributor.  I, personally, hope he stays.

Or we have Nolley and Durham. Durham needs an attitude adjustment or he can walk out the door along with Smith. He’s replaceable considering how average he is. Nolley played his first year of college basketball last season compared to Durhams 3rd. Clearly Nolley has the higher ceiling and having guys around him, like Lander and TJD, could really help him because he wouldn’t be relied on like he was at VT. People greatly overrate Durham even though he should be coming off the bench next season. But he would fall under Old Friends umbrella of guys who need to leave to make us better.