Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

Because you made the claim that Durham would be our fourth or fifth guard next year and then refuse to face the reality that he was our best guard last year.....and if your opinion that Green was our best guard, that is even more reason that Durham wouldn't see minutes drop because our 'best guard' is gone.
You do understand that not putting five guys on the the court isn't an option, right?  This ain't Hickory.  

Except we’d be losing Green who averaged 23 minutes a game and gaining a guy in Lander who is better than Green and Durham who will play 30 minutes a game. Then Leal who will probably get 7-10 minutes per game and Franklin who will probably be in the same area. So if there are 80 minutes to go around in the 1-2 spots. Lander plays 30, Franklin plays 7, Leal plays 7 and Phinisee plays 20, where does that leave Al? That’s 16 minutes left. Will he fall that far? No, I don’t think Archie would do that. Okay him 23-25 minutes? Yes, I think Archie would do that. Al played 28 minutes a game as a Sophomore and 26 as a Junior with basically no competition at his position. So why wouldn’t I believe his role will lessen when actual competition arrives? It was different his Sophomore year. Because he and Romeo played the 2-3 spot and we didn’t have anyone else. Justin Smith was playing the 4 and Hunter wasn’t playing at all. But now we have Smith and Hunter at the 3. Archie isn’t going to split PG minutes between just Phinisee and Lander, we will see those two play together. So naturally, unless Durham makes some crazy leap into being a 15ppg scorer and isn’t suddenly scared to shoot, then his role will lessen. And Leal and Franklin will get their chances to prove themselves and Durham is going to have to step up way more than he has in his career so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Except we’d be losing Green who averaged 23 minutes a game and gaining a guy in Lander who is better than Green and Durham who will play 30 minutes a game. Then Leal who will probably get 7-10 minutes per game and Franklin who will probably be in the same area. So if there are 80 minutes to go around in the 1-2 spots. Lander plays 30, Franklin plays 7, Leal plays 7 and Phinisee plays 20, where does that leave Al? That’s 16 minutes left. Will he fall that far? No, I don’t think Archie would do that. Okay him 23-25 minutes? Yes, I think Archie would do that. Al played 28 minutes a game as a Sophomore and 26 as a Junior with basically no competition at his position. So why wouldn’t I believe his role will lessen when actual competition arrives? It was different his Sophomore year. Because he and Romeo played the 2-3 spot and we didn’t have anyone else. Justin Smith was playing the 4 and Hunter wasn’t playing at all. But now we have Smith and Hunter at the 3. Archie isn’t going to split PG minutes between just Phinisee and Lander, we will see those two play together. So naturally, unless Durham makes some crazy leap into being a 15ppg scorer and isn’t suddenly scared to shoot, then his role will lessen. And Leal and Franklin will get their chances to prove themselves and Durham is going to have to step up way more than he has in his career so far.

How many 17 year old players have you seen play in the NCAA? You keep throwing out things. Just know you may be in for some level of disappointment when you watch a 165 lb high school senior play against 22 year olds that have been in weight training for years. 30 minutes huh? I would take that bet if you are ever feeling froggy.

How many 17 year old players have you seen play in the NCAA? You keep throwing out things. Just know you may be in for some level of disappointment when you watch a 165 lb high school senior play against 22 year olds that have been in weight training for years. 30 minutes huh? I would take that bet if you are ever feeling froggy.

Phinisee as a freshman played 27 minutes a game and Yogi played 28. So why wouldn’t I assume that Lander would play that much?

Phinisee as a freshman played 27 minutes a game and Yogi played 28. So why wouldn’t I assume that Lander would play that much?

Ok. Yogi at 19 when he stepped on campus in his situation with no true PG on a team that needed that. Or Rob Phinisee on a team needing a true PG... Those cases of course in your mind equal a 17 year old who won’t be on campus during the summer. That same 17 year old that currently doesn’t have the body to come close to 30 mpg. 30 mpg for any freshman is ludicrous and won’t happen in the majority of all cases. Then we have a Junior returning PG. Two year starter. At the 2, we have a 3 year starter. Yes. The first thing I instantly think of when I see a 17 year old under those circumstances is a 30 mpg game. Bet me?

Ok. Yogi at 19 when he stepped on campus in his situation with no true PG on a team that needed that. Or Rob Phinisee on a team needing a true PG... Those cases of course in your mind equal a 17 year old who won’t be on campus during the summer. That same 17 year old that currently doesn’t have the body to come close to 30 mpg. 30 mpg for any freshman is ludicrous and won’t happen in the majority of all cases. Then we have a Junior returning PG. Two year starter. At the 2, we have a 3 year starter. Yes. The first thing I instantly think of when I see a 17 year old under those circumstances is a 30 mpg game. Bet me?

I should add I fully expect him to end up slightly over 20 mpg which would be pretty dang good all things considered. But in no universe am I expecting anything close to 30 mpg unless something very bad happens.

I should add I fully expect him to end up slightly over 20 mpg which would be pretty dang good all things considered. But in no universe am I expecting anything close to 30 mpg unless something very bad happens.

Bad happens? Or Lander is just really good and Phinisee isn’t so Lander plays a ton and Phinisee plays about 20 minutes. Lander will start from day 1 either at PG or SG, depending on what kind of lineup Archie wants to go with.

This is nutty. Phinisee, Lander and Durham are going to get the lions share of minutes and Leal, Galloway and franklin will back them up. If those backups end up lighting the world on fire we might see some 3 guard lineups to get them more run and balloon that 80 minutes to 120.

Al is going to be a huge part of the team and suggesting he should leave is idiocy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Never suggested he should leave. Just that his role will diminish. He will be featured less, which is a good thing. People should see it as a positive. The guy who has had to play outside his role might finally get to play within his role more. How is that a bad thing? Sacrifices are going to have to be made. Durham doesn’t need to play 26+ minutes and shouldn’t be.

I could see Al thriving in a 3 guard lineup where he guards the opponent's "3". He struggles to guard quickness sometimes so putting him alongside Phin and Lander would make his defensive job more suitable to his capabilities. 

It would probably work on the offensive end too, as Lander's quickness would open up more scoring opportunities for him. Idk if Archie will do it, we haven't seen a lot of 3 guard so far but IMO it could work for next year's roster. 

I could see Al thriving in a 3 guard lineup where he guards the opponent's "3". He struggles to guard quickness sometimes so putting him alongside Phin and Lander would make his defensive job more suitable to his capabilities. 
It would probably work on the offensive end too, as Lander's quickness would open up more scoring opportunities for him. Idk if Archie will do it, we haven't seen a lot of 3 guard so far but IMO it could work for next year's roster. 

If things stick as they are, it’ll be interesting to see what Archie does. Because we will have Lander and Phinisee to play PG but I imagine we will see them play together some. Then Durham, Leal and Franklin. And I believe Leal will be better as a freshman than Franklin was. But then we have Smith and Hunter at the 3. Or will Smith play the 4 again? Will Hunter make strides this summer? Would there be a way to find a couple minutes to play Durham at 3? We Archie start Race or Brunk at the 4? Or Smith with Hunter or Durham at the 3? If we get a good transfer in, where would they fit in?

I’d be completely okay with Smith, Durham and Anderson leaving. IF we got a great transfer out of it. We need a backup big man that’s athletic. As much as Brunk hustles, he still isn’t athletic enough to keep up and be in games against certain matchups. It’s not that I want them to transfer, I just wouldn’t be sad. Because all 3 can be replaced.

Never suggested he should leave. Just that his role will diminish. He will be featured less, which is a good thing. People should see it as a positive. The guy who has had to play outside his role might finally get to play within his role more. How is that a bad thing? Sacrifices are going to have to be made. Durham doesn’t need to play 26+ minutes and shouldn’t be.

Let’s watch as “I’d be okay if he leaves” doesn’t fall in the category of “never suggested he should leave.”

When has Al ever been featured?! I think if some of the other players step up Al will have more of an impact with his shooting. Next season is going to be a rough one for you.

Let’s watch as “I’d be okay if he leaves” doesn’t fall in the category of “never suggested he should leave.”

When has Al ever been featured?! I think if some of the other players step up Al will have more of an impact with his shooting. Next season is going to be a rough one for you.

I’m not he or Smith leave. But I’m not going to be upset they leave. Anderson, should if he ever wants playing time. Al was a featured part of the offense. He really just needs to be a spot up shooter and play better defense. A lot of people bash Smith for his ball handling yet didn’t give the same amount of criticism to Durham. Some of the blame is on Archie too because his offensive system is atrocious at best. But if Al can figure out that he NEEDS TO SHOOT THE BALL, then we might be in a better place. If he’s playing the 24 minutes a game I’d expect, he needs to be shooting 5-8 3’s during a game. Not 3.

I could see this potentially happening and working. Let’s put al in that corner or on wing and hope he gets to about 42-43% from downtown in catch and shoot

Bad happens? Or Lander is just really good and Phinisee isn’t so Lander plays a ton and Phinisee plays about 20 minutes. Lander will start from day 1 either at PG or SG, depending on what kind of lineup Archie wants to go with.

If he is that good at 17 he will be here one year and a top 5 pick. That wouldn’t be a bad thing. I just don’t expect it.

I could see this potentially happening and working. Let’s put al in that corner or on wing and hope he gets to about 42-43% from downtown in catch and shoot

That’s what we need more than anything. Imo we have needed it for 3 years.