Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MoyeNeeded

A Transfer Coming?

Noticed a tweet from Sam Story this evening that there is a transfer coming in for next season. Stated something to the point that the staff has known since Jan. It's been discussed here many a time about his reliability, but most times he has been correct. Anyone else hearing anything?

Noticed a tweet from Sam Story this evening that there is a transfer coming in for next season. Stated something to the point that the staff has known since Jan. It's been discussed here many a time about his reliability, but most times he has been correct. Anyone else hearing anything?

I thought it was an out going transfer?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The tweet actually does say someone is coming in. It doesn't mention anyone departing. But if there is such an incoming transfer -- and Lander reclassifies -- I believe that would leave us at 14 schollys. So someone will have to transfer out, which I'm guessing will happen. 

[/url]  

I think he means “coming out of the program”

Anderson had not played since February 16th and that was 2 minutes in a blowout at Michigan. He played 16 minutes at Penn State on Jan 29th but a total of 7 minutes in the 3 games prior Jan 15, 8 and 4. Had not scored since December 13th against Nebraska(5 points, 5/6 FT’s) and had not made a FG since Dec 10 against UConn.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I expect DA to be the transfer as well, but what I don’t get is why not announce it mid semester to get quicker eligibility? Especially if he knew since January.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It would have worked if he did it in December. He would have been in good academic standing. I wonder if he decided after the semester started. If so that would make sense.

29 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Buddy just text me and said he heard Franklin wasn't happy/was considering transferring as well. I hadn't heard a peep about him being unhappy. Could see Al though. Anyone hearing anything other than DA?

AL? I certainly hope he doesn't transfer. 

36 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It would have worked if he did it in December. He would have been in good academic standing. I wonder if he decided after the semester started. If so that would make sense.

And if he decides to transfer in Jan, he cant lift and practice with the team. 

Why would Al Durham transfer? He was the team's top 3-point (38.3%) and free throw shooter (81.1%) and 3rd in playing time (26.4 minutes per game). He hit some big shots and big free throws down the stretch. He was co-captain. Assuming he continues to improve and stays healthy, there is no reason to expect he won't continue to play a major role on the team next season.

Buddy just text me and said he heard Franklin wasn't happy/was considering transferring as well. I hadn't heard a peep about him being unhappy. Could see Al though. Anyone hearing anything other than DA?

Hadn’t heard this. Maybe he’s unhappy at certain points but he’s a freshman and I think he knows he needs to get better. I don’t think he’ll transfer.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hadn’t heard this. Maybe he’s unhappy at certain points but he’s a freshman and I think he knows he needs to get better. I don’t think he’ll transfer.

I don't either and that was the first I'd heard of it. Al is a very logical grad transfer for many reasons. One big one is named KLander. He's also, IMO, a much better fit at a smaller program.

Why would Al Durham transfer? He was the team's top 3-point (38.3%) and free throw shooter (81.1%) and 3rd in playing time (26.4 minutes per game). He hit some big shots and big free throws down the stretch. He was co-captain. Assuming he continues to improve and stays healthy, there is no reason to expect he won't continue to play a major role on the team next season.

Because his role is about to greatly decrease.