Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

southsidehoosier

Scott Dolson New AD

Freaking yawn. This is our university in a nutshell here:

"Scott also fully understands that our athletics program must continue to be integrated into the university in all ways. He knows that our student athletes are, first and foremost, students, who are here to develop their athletics prowess while also earning a world-class education that will have an enormous impact on the rest of their lives."

18 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Freaking yawn. This is our university in a nutshell here:

"Scott also fully understands that our athletics program must continue to be integrated into the university in all ways. He knows that our student athletes are, first and foremost, students, who are here to develop their athletics prowess while also earning a world-class education that will have an enormous impact on the rest of their lives."

That first sentence..... my goodness. 

EDIT: No idea what he will provide. hoping he isn't just a status quo to the last twenty years. we will see. 

Such a boring, lateral move from the IU administration. Why should I even be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IU’s administration is what’s keeping IU down in athletics. I don’t know enough to comment on the academic side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t know what anyone expected to happen. Nothing changes until McRobbie is out.

I’ll edit this with I don’t know enough to know anything. The initial consensus seems to tell the tail, so I’ll trust you guys.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I know nothing about the guy but the early returns above are not encouraging.  Prove them wrong Dolson.

Not a shot at you OF, but in my opinion you’re echoing the loudest voices on the board; the negativity megaphones.

There have been NO early returns.

Dolson is by all accounts a high quality person. He has been extremely successful at his current role: fundraising.

He has not been an AD and has no track record with that job.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t know but I’ll give the guy a chance to make an impression on the athletic department as the director before forming an opinion. He might be a bust or he might have been held back with Glass above him. Time will tell.

^^Exactly.^^

I am NOT saying he'll be a success; what I'm saying is that he performed well in the role that he had. If he has the right stuff, he will do well at his new role.

Do we know if he was a mirror image of Fred Glass or if he was responsible for overcoming Glass's lesser inclinations?

I have no idea.

I wont judge till he gets a chance to prove himself. I am so depressed about what else is going on in the world to get worked up with this. I still sad about our abrupt end to a season and then everything else in life shutting down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not a shot at you OF, but in my opinion you’re echoing the loudest voices on the board; the negativity megaphones.

There have been NO early returns.

Dolson is by all accounts a high quality person. He has been extremely successful at his current role: fundraising.

He has not been an AD and has no track record with that job.

Your bottom sentence says it all in a nutshell. IU hires coaches and now directors with no track record of success at the level they are hiring.

Generally it’s all underwhelming and anticipated.

For Indiana, the university, it’s probably a smart and safe hire. For Indiana becoming a powerhouse athletic university, time will tell.

Granted:

Football coming off a great season but a tough offseason. We will see. I like Allen a lot as a man. Rooting for him until the end.

Soccer- in a great place.

Baseball- in a good or great place.

IUBB- slight progress being made. If Archie turns the corner, Dolsen’s job will be easy. If not, he’ll have to earn his stripes in a big way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app