Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

PC Stellar college basketball sim league -- looking for coaches

I am looking at creating a sim league of NCAA teams from last season.  I'm open to ideas on it -- should it be just Big Ten teams?  League with teams from different division set up like a mini-NBA where teams must qualify for the playoffs?

I've simmed leagues like this before and the time commitment from owners is minimal -- they just submit a game plan to me and I execute for their team.

First order of business is to gauge interest.  Three questions:

1.  Would you be interested in coaching a college team in the league?

2.  Would your preference be for it to be a Big Ten league only or allow owners to pick a team from any D1 school?

Thanks!

I am still looking at doing this....I am teaching my high school classes this week via e-learning.  Eye opening how it's been more work to do so than face to face instruction.  I've had to do e-learning before (last week's temperature drops into the negative teens put us out a week) but this week has been much harder than that as it's one that is probably going to be on that is setting up material for a much longer basis.  We do go on spring break next week (if you want to call it that), so that will give me some time to set some things up.

In the meantime, here is a link you play around with to see what would be required of you to set your team up.  It's a copy of a google doc sheet.  It's set up so you can play around with and edit game plans.  All options are set with pull down arrows.  It has last year's players from the Big Ten -- once I change that to this year's players, the sheets would be good to go.  Note that the game has a limit of 10 players per roster.  The first column lists your starters and then the five players off the bench in the order you want them to come off the bench and the positions you want them eligible to play.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q5_5T6REA9ilUhPvats6GSCjhMarDHU3t3BuasKrYXM/edit?usp=sharing

BTW, I post on another Hoosier message board ................-- it's a large group of Hoosier posters that started on the old ESPN boards before they went to **** and then we all migrated to our own board.  A lot of the guys have been posting together now for about 15 years.  I've ran the league through that board previously.  Between .......... and BTownbanners, I am sure the league would be a go.  My preference is to have the league be Big Ten teams only, but I'm flexible.

I have let guys on the other board first run a Big Ten team to run if they ran one before (I also figured that if someone runs Nebraska or Northwestern I'll let them run another team as well because.....well, Nebraska and Northwestern.

So far these are the Teams picked:

Indiana

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan State

Nebraska

Northwestern (I am going to run them and will pick another one from whatever is left)

Wisconsin

So that leaves Maryland, Purdue, Penn State, Rutgers, Minnesota, Ohio State, and Illinois to be run.  Wayne Fleek and FlukeMe had said they were interested in trying, so just post and LMK who you'd like to run.  I'll track the posts on this and the other Hoosier message forum for requests.

Current list:

Owners from the Our Hoosier Board:

Indiana:  IUAlltheWay

Iowa:  panchen

Michigan:  dreachon

Michigan State:  HoosierKDH

Nebraska:  sirbri

Northwestern (I am going to run them and will pick another one from whatever is left):  brumdog45 (I'm brumdog44 on that board)

Wisconsin:  sirbri

Owners from the Btownbanners board:

Rutgers:  maharkn

Ohio State:  WayneFleek

Maryland:  IUSafety

Illinois:  Fulkme

That leaves just Purdue, Penn State, and Minnesota unowned.  I will be taking one of them, so just two more spots to fill.  I have just a couple of teams left to create in PC Stellar and the sheet that you will put your game plans in is also very close to being done.

Anyone still interested, post ASAP so you get a spot.   

You may now go load your game plans and rotation.  Here is what you will need to do (if you could do it before Saturday, that would be appreciated):

Click on this link:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A3-8mveH-aHIcrC1qBk6TpTpNxY_NVdsoILaGKASQQ4/edit?usp=sharing

This is a shared, editable google sheet.  All options for your team are on dropdowns.  You will give your starters and the order players come off the bench.  A player will be in the game as long as they aren't fatigued or in foul trouble (defined by some dropdown options in the settings you choose) in the order you place them -- starters remain in game unless fatigued or foul trouble;  bench players come in the order you give them.  And bench player will play in any spot that you list as a primary/secondary/or third position.  All team dropdown strategies on the left side are optional ones -- fill in as many or as few as you want.  At the minimum, you should fill in team pace, man or zone on defense, and foul situations.  LMK if you have any questions.  NOTE:  I HAVE PUT IN THE COACH PLANS FOR NORTHWESTERN AND PURDUE AS EXAMPLES FOR YOU TO VIEW.

All teams are currently owned except Penn State and Minnesota;  if they are not picked, they will be computer run.

2 hours ago, IUsafety said:

I think I have my team, Maryland, filled out. Let me know if you cannot see it on your end.

If nobody wants those other two teams and nobody objects, I’ll manage one of them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I'd appreciate it.  I had someone on the Our Hoosier Board offer to coach Penn State as well, and I took the evil empire from West Lafayette which leaves Minnesota as the only uncoached team.  If you could do them, I'd appreciate it.

2 hours ago, IUsafety said:

I think I have my team, Maryland, filled out. Let me know if you cannot see it on your end.

If nobody wants those other two teams and nobody objects, I’ll manage one of them.

Got it.  Shows up fine.

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I assume I need to leave Carton off my plans for Ohio State.

No, I kept him in.  Each roster is a ten man roster and I included the players who played the most total minutes for the year for each team.  Carton did play decent minutes and played twenty games, so he qualifies.  Bohanon qualified for Iowa as well, but he shot the ball really poorly when he played and won't do much for them.

• SeniorMember.png
  • 2,855 posts

Here is the final owners list and a listing of teams who have had their coaches complete their game plans:

Indiana:  IUAlltheWay

Iowa, Penn St:  panchen  PLANS FILLED IN

Michigan:  dreachon  PLANS FILLED IN

Michigan State:  HoosierKDH  PLANS FILLED IN

Nebraska, Wisconsin:  sirbri  PLANS FILLED IN

Northwestern, Purdue: (I am going to run them and will pick another one from whatever is left):  brumdog45 (I'm brumdog44 on that board)  PLANS FILLED IN

Owners from the Btownbanners board:

Rutgers:  maharkn  PLANS FILLED IN

Ohio State:  WayneFleek  PLANS FILLED IN 

Maryland, Minnesota:  IUSafety  PLANS FILLED IN

Illinois:  Fulkme

Hoping to have plans from owners by the end of Saturday.