Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2020 What If NCAA Tournament

IMG_2822.jpg

http://barttorvik.com/pbpsim.php

So I went ahead and filled out a full bracket with 0 bracketing rules. I plan on playing this out using Bart’s play by play simulation he created. I’m sure I have mistakes but after seeing my empty bracket I thought it needed some names on it. I will post pictures after every round. Should keep me busy for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Cool!

As I had mentioned in another thread (I think the PC Stellar Big Ten tourney thread), I'm also going to be doing one.  If a non-Big Ten team is playing, I'll be using the simulator from whatifsports.com;  if a Big Ten team is involved, I'll use the PC Stellar college basketball game.  Will be interesting to see how our tournaments compare.

I'll post mine in a separate thread but am looking forward to seeing how our results compare!  

Cool!

I am thinking of changing my project as USPS has the tournament covered.  Kudos!

I am looking at creating a sim league of NCAA teams from last season.  I'm open to ideas on it -- should it be just Big Ten teams?  League with teams from different division set up like a mini-NBA where teams must qualify for the playoffs?

I've simmed leagues like this before and the time commitment from owners is minimal -- they just submit a game plan to me and I execute for their team.

First order of business is to gauge interest.  Three questions:

1.  Would you be interested in coaching a college team in the league?

2.  Would your preference be for it to be a Big Ten league only or allow owners to pick a team from any D1 school?

Thanks!

I think you should finish your project with your bracket first. I’m interested in the different results if you don’t mind finishing it first before you start the new project

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Only 5 upsets in the first round of games and 2 of those were 9 seeds.

13  New Mexico St over 4 Wisky in a last second shot 

3 Kentucky got beat by 14 Little Rock( I promise I only ran it once) 

5 Ohio St got upset by in-state mid major 12 Akron.  

game of the tournament was a 2OT thriller between Butler and Liberty.   Baldwin hit the game winning 3 according to the play by play sim.   

IU won by 9 with 5 players in double figures.   TJD lead the way with 15 and 13. Green and Smith had solid games as well.

this is tough to type knowing I should be in Dayton’s arena watching the real tournament being played at this very moment  

imageproxy.php?img=&key=06f59fe5df89d092fccfafa0c1324242beb4063a11f76aa91412d209f1688ea2

22 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Only 5 upsets in the first round of games and 2 of those were 9 seeds.

13  New Mexico St over 4 Wisky in a last second shot 

3 Kentucky got beat by 14 Little Rock( I promise I only ran it once) 

5 Ohio St got upset by in-state mid major 12 Akron.  

game of the tournament was a 2OT thriller between Butler and Liberty.   Baldwin hit the game winning 3 according to the play by play sim.   

IU won by 9 with 5 players in double figures.   TJD lead the way with 15 and 13. Green and Smith had solid games as well.

this is tough to type knowing I should be in Dayton’s arena watching the real tournament being played at this very moment  

imageproxy.php?img=&key=06f59fe5df89d092fccfafa0c1324242beb4063a11f76aa91412d209f1688ea2

I LOVE these results! Wisconsin, KenSucky and O$U all getting beat in the first round....so wish it was true. 

Hoosiers win it. Green hit some big shots in the second half and IU missed 3 front ends of 1 and 1 down the stretch. Lol. I’m guessing they were not expecting a foul out because when Brunk fouled out a guy named Kegler came in. Entertaining to check out. Awesome these guys put the time in to make this

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners