Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early BIG Projections (2020-21)

here's 11-15 of Inside the Hall's top 25 players in the Big. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/09/30/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2020-21-15-11/

15. Ron Harper Jr.

14. Joey Hauser

13. Rocket Watts

12. Nate Reuvers

11. Marcus Carr

All in all I agree with this list so far. What is interesting are the two MSU players back-back that have yet to be the focal point of a team but are expected to carry MSU this year.

Will be interesting to see where TJD lands, I would guess 3-5. 

14 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

here's 11-15 of Inside the Hall's top 25 players in the Big. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/09/30/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2020-21-15-11/

15. Ron Harper Jr.

14. Joey Hauser

13. Rocket Watts

12. Nate Reuvers

11. Marcus Carr

All in all I agree with this list so far. What is interesting are the two MSU players back-back that have yet to be the focal point of a team but are expected to carry MSU this year.

Will be interesting to see where TJD lands, I would guess 3-5. 

Yes!

Garza will be #1 for sure. I'm thinking Dosunmu is #2. Livers UM, TJD, or Purdoo Williams #3 maybe?

here's 6-10 of Inside the Hall's top 25 players in the Big. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/10/01/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2020-21-10-6/

10. Joe Weiskamp

9. Aaron Henry

8. Isaiah Livers

7. Trevion Williams

6. Micah Potter

I was wrong about Livers being in the top 5. Guessing that instead it will be Franz Wagner. Not sure I agree with him being top 5, but there is a Michigan writer apart of this so I think that had something to do with it. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

here's 6-10 of Inside the Hall's top 25 players in the Big. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/10/01/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2020-21-10-6/

10. Joe Weiskamp

9. Aaron Henry

8. Isaiah Livers

7. Trevion Williams

6. Micah Potter

I was wrong about Livers being in the top 5. Guessing that instead it will be Franz Wagner. Not sure I agree with him being top 5, but there is a Michigan writer apart of this so I think that had something to do with it. 

Pretty darn good group of players. I particularly like Potter.  I think some of the Henry appeal is projection. We will see if he takes the next step. 

Weiskamp is also a thorn in the side. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pretty darn good group of players. I particularly like Potter.  I think some of the Henry appeal is projection. We will see if he takes the next step. 

Weiskamp is also a thorn in the side. 

I think Micah Potter was the reason they won the BIG last year. Before he was eligible they were a bad team, but once he started playing and they got some game reps with him they were a totally different team. 

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Inside the Hall's 1-5 top players in the BIG.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/10/02/big-tens-top-25-players-for-2020-21-5-1/

5. Franz Wagner

4. Kofi Cockburn

3. TJD

2. Ayo

1. Garza

Stuhoo was correct! only one I think someone could have issue with is Franz. 

I'm ALWAYS right ... except for when I'm not. lol

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

The one that surprises me (not saying they are wrong) is Illinois predicted for third place. After Underwoods first year I thought he would be on the hot seat by now but instead they finished 4th in the BT last year and are picked for 3rd this season.

8 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

The one that surprises me (not saying they are wrong) is Illinois predicted for third place. After Underwoods first year I thought he would be on the hot seat by now but instead they finished 4th in the BT last year and are picked for 3rd this season.

That's called progress. Still waiting to see it here. 

I cannot fathom the Ohio State love. They were mid-pack last year (about the same as us) and their only addition slated for real minutes is Seth Towns, who is still injured and not cleared to practice.

And, they lost three of their top five scorers--also three of their top four in minutes played. We lost so much less and have a five star pg now in the mix.

Makes no sense at all that OSU would be better than last year, never mind better than IU or Rutgers.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I cannot fathom the Ohio State love. They were mid-pack last year (about the same as us) and their only addition slated for real minutes is Seth Towns, who is still injured and not cleared.

And, they lost four of their top five scorers--also three of their top four in minutes played. We lost so much less and have a five star pg now in the mix.

Makes no sense at all that OSU would be better than last year, never mind better than IU or Rutgers.

but but Christopher holtmann...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/big-ten-expert-picks-2020-21-preview-illinois-predicted-to-edge-iowa-and-luka-garza-for-conference-title/

CBS writers preview the big ten with some good analysis of each team. Between the five writers IU is picked to finish 7th, 7th, 5th, 8th, and 7th. Interesting enough Jerry Palm (PU guy) has them highest at 5th. 

Everyone is riding the garza train. Same team that Purdue beat by a zillion twice and IU hammered the only time they played. 

40 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Everyone is riding the garza train. Same team that Purdue beat by a zillion twice and IU hammered the only time they played. 

Their returning players are a year older and more experienced. The same justification I keep hearing from IU fans about why we should be so much better. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Their returning players are a year older and more experienced. The same justification I keep hearing from IU fans about why we should be so much better. 

The difference being that IU fans generally believe this could equate to a 4th-6th B1G finish and a solid NCAA berth, and with Iowa they're being talked up as the favorite to win the conference after an 11-9 record last year.

Why them and not Rutgers, which also returns everyone and had the same record as Iowa? Better yet, why not Wisconsin, which returns everyone and was 14-6 last year?

For Wisconsin, I get it. For Iowa, not so much. For Ohio State which lost their best players and didn't add much, yet is projected 5th? I do not understand that in any way. .