Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early BIG Projections (2020-21)

Players don’t play with serious injuries. Have you ever watched sports before?  

Phinisee was consistently good prior to and post his concussion his freshmen year. So not just flashes. 

And no we haven’t heard about any surgeries. Almost like there’s a reason to delay non essential surgeries or something. 

Don’t ever let facts get in the way of your opinions. It’s your niche. 

Really? Because he didn’t really improve any from freshman to sophomore year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

People remember Rob Phinisee for three things from his freshman year: the concussion, hitting the winning 3-point shot at the buzzer against Butler, and guarding Cassius Winston. The rest of his freshman season is forgettable as was most of his sophomore year. I think fans so wanted Rob Phinisee to be a great point guard that they projected that on him even though he is pretty average. But he is definitely good enough to be a decent backup point guard to Kristian Lander.

People remember Rob Phinisee for three things from his freshman year: the concussion, hitting the winning 3-point shot at the buzzer against Butler, and guarding Cassius Winston. The rest of his freshman season is forgettable as was most of his sophomore year. I think fans so wanted Rob Phinisee to be a great point guard that they projected that on him even though he is pretty average. But he is definitely good enough to be a decent backup point guard to Kristian Lander.

By saying people you really mean you remember him for those 3 things as a freshman because I remember him for more then those 3 things.

22 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Also for finishing well at the rim, for being very mature for a young player, and for being the key missing piece that differentiated between our success and mid season slide.

By people I mean fans including many on this board. So many fans and people on this board have excused Phinisee's lackluster play most of his freshman year because of his concussion. The problem is that his sophomore year was no better.

5 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

By people I mean fans including many on this board. So many fans and people on this board have excused Phinisee's lackluster play most of his freshman year because of his concussion. The problem is that his sophomore year was no better.

A) Yes it was, slightly 

B) He was also hurt. 

Well, considering his concussion and affects from it took up most of his Freshman season, especially B1G play, yes, that is what we excuse. His play , when he was 100% healthy was good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Also for finishing well at the rim, for being very mature for a young player, and for being the key missing piece that differentiated between our success and mid season slide.

If he was finishing well at the rim then he really sucked from everywhere else inside the arc because he shot 39.8%(39.5% his FR year) from 2. One of the biggest differences is that he played 4 less minutes per game and his usage rate went up 4%. His turnover% went up by about 6%.

If you want to blame it on injuries cool. I hope he is better than what he’s shown. But he may not be. Really, he plays like his recruit ranking.

I’m in the camp of hoping for a healthy rob Phinisee so we can see what we really have.

I have no doubts he has been hampered by injuries his freshmen and sophomore seasons but it’s not uncommon to suffer a concussion and I really don’t even know what exactly is ailments were his sophomore season that would allow him another pass.

To think he is a championship caliber point guard is beyond me. I have no idea what he has shown to prove that. He has had a few good games in his two seasons, and even those good games he wasn’t anywhere near all-Bigten level or anywhere close to it.

He has a long way to go to be an obvious starter let alone a championship level point guard. If Lander is here next he will be just as good if not better than a junior Phinisee

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

https://umhoops.com/?p=115018

Another transfer from Michigan. This time its Cole Bajema. 

They will be really thin at the guard spot and will be relying on three really unproven guards. 

Time to take advantage and botch our first win against them in the Archie era.  Purdue and Michigan only team he hasn’t beaten. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Time to take advantage and botch our first win against them in the Archie era.  Purdue and Michigan only team he hasn’t beaten. 

Now we just need a few more players to leave Purdue and we might finally beat them too. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/06/16/big-ten-power-rankings-offseason-edition-v-1-2/

At this point I think it is pretty solid list. I think Iowa will be much of the same as last year and I don't think they will have enough defense to be top 2 in the league. Michigan is a bit high for me as they will have to rely on a lot of unproven players, especially if Livers leaves. I am more confident in Rutgers and IU than I am Michigan at this point. 

I’m just not on the Iowa bandwagon. Wisconsin should be the best team and if Tillman, Henry and Langford are starting alongside Watts and Bingham, MSU might be the best team again. Indiana SHOULD be up there but it all depends on the offense for them. I also see Purdue being better than they were last season.

46 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’m just not on the Iowa bandwagon. Wisconsin should be the best team and if Tillman, Henry and Langford are starting alongside Watts and Bingham, MSU might be the best team again. Indiana SHOULD be up there but it all depends on the offense for them. I also see Purdue being better than they were last season.

You forgot Hauser. He's a great scorer and will play (and start) for MSU this year.

You forgot Hauser. He's a great scorer and will play (and start) for MSU this year.

And him. Though I’m not sure he starts. Bingham was pretty good alongside Tillman. But they should have a good rotation at the 4-5 spots. And Izzo will probably only play about 8 guys.