Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Early BIG Projections (2020-21)

You have to wonder if some of these guys might be moving on simply because of the uncertainty that there will even be college basketball to play in the Fall. I know projections have looked more favorable and it sounds sort of improbable right now, but I’ve seen scenarios discussed that question whether we will see sports until 2021. Not debating that one way or another, but if you’re a college kid and there’s a possibility you’re going to stick around just to practice for about 6-8 months and maybe play a partial season of college hoops, it might be worth going undrafted or late 2nd round. The NBA has more on the line financially and a greater incentive to get play started than colleges and universities which might be more inclined to delay things a little longer erring on the safe side. Just a thought. Might be a factor for a Garza or Cockburn to be done.  

You have to wonder if some of these guys might be moving on simply because of the uncertainty that there will even be college basketball to play in the Fall. I know projections have looked more favorable and it sounds sort of improbable right now, but I’ve seen scenarios discussed that question whether we will see sports until 2021. Not debating that one way or another, but if you’re a college kid and there’s a possibility you’re going to stick around just to practice for about 6-8 months and maybe play a partial season of college hoops, it might be worth going undrafted or late 2nd round. The NBA has more on the line financially and a greater incentive to get play started than colleges and universities which might be more inclined to delay things a little longer erring on the safe side. Just a thought. Might be a factor for a Garza or Cockburn to be done.  

But if there aren’t sports, then these underrated guys won’t have a job. Those 2nd rounders might not either. It would actually be safer to stay in college considering you’ll be 100% taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But if there aren’t sports, then these underrated guys won’t have a job. Those 2nd rounders might not either. It would actually be safer to stay in college considering you’ll be 100% taken care of.

I don’t agree with you much on this topic, but I do agree here. Even for first round guys, while you can obviously start collecting endorsements (though most companies are not adding big spends during this)  once you declare for the draft, as far as your NBA money, it’s not like you get drafted on June 27th (whatever the date is) and two weeks later your first paycheck from your team is in the mail. 

Most of these guys won’t get paid until the season starts, and there will be a lot of uncertainty there. 

Thinking about lineups...
What I fully expect Archie to do because I’m not sure he has it in him to change anything.
Starters: Phinisee, Durham, Smith, TJD, Brunk.

Now what should happen...
Starters: Lander, Durham, Hunter, Smith, TJD

PG: Lander 22mpg, Phinisee 18
SG: Durham 20mpg, Franklin 12mpg, Leal 8mpg
SF: Hunter 23 mpg, Smith 11mpg, Geronimo 6mpg
PF: Smith 19mpg, Thompson 21mpg
C: TJD 30mpg, Brunk 10mpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

New Papa:  You're not going to play Galloway at all and if not, curious as to your reasoning.

Redshirting. Might be a good idea with Geronimo too. There is a lot of depth with this team. No reason to waste a year on tiny spot minutes throughout the season.

It would be in Galloways best interest to redshirt. Considering he plays the 2-3 spot and we have Durham, Franklin, Leal and even Lander ahead of him at the 2 and Smith, Hunter and probably Geronimo Agra’s of him at the 3. I expect Archie to give the freshmen other than Lander very little playing time. I wouldn’t be surprised if he redshirted all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lander didn't reclassify for front row seats at every game. Archie is nuts if he redshirts that kid. 

It feels like it's been aeons since we redshirted anyone, though. We usually didn't see it with Crean because he always signed too many players and needed guys to move on as soon as they could, and we haven't had the luxury of doing it recently because we've been so starved for impact players. 

If we go into next season with the same starting lineup...yuck, don't want to think about it. 

I think he meant Leal, Galloway and Geronimo; not Lander.

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he redshirted all 3.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Lander didn't reclassify for front row seats at every game. Archie is nuts if he redshirts that kid. 

I guess it would help if I knew how to read. 

But I could totally see us somehow having the same starting 5 next season, leading to the same struggles and same excuse-making about chemistry and such. 

Knowing Archie that’s how we will start.

100% expect starters to be

Phinisee
Durham
Smith
TJD
Brunk

I expect next biggest minutes to

Lander
Race
Hunter

Then

Franklin

Then

Galloway
Leal
Geronimo
Anderson

That’s my guess.

Armaan Franklin had an excellent freshman season.
I expect his minutes to increase quite a bit.

I thought that too... but it’s going to be tough for Archie to throw around minutes. With Lander, Phinisee, Durham, Franklin and I think Leal is going to push for good minutes. We lost Green and Davis for 31 minutes that opened up. But we are adding Leal, Lander and Hunter/Thompson will both be getting more minutes likely.

41 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I thought that too... but it’s going to be tough for Archie to throw around minutes. With Lander, Phinisee, Durham, Franklin and I think Leal is going to push for good minutes. We lost Green and Davis for 31 minutes that opened up. But we are adding Leal, Lander and Hunter/Thompson will both be getting more minutes likely.

I’m not sure whose minutes Franklin is gonna eat, but it’s gonna be someone’s.

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Knowing Archie that’s how we will start.

100% expect starters to be

Phinisee
Durham
Smith
TJD
Brunk

I expect next biggest minutes to

Lander
Race
Hunter

Then

Franklin

Then

Galloway
Leal
Geronimo
Anderson

That’s my guess.

You 100% dont believe Lander will start? 

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Because it’s a total Archie move. Even though Phinisee isn’t that good.

Phinesee didn't improve at all his Soph year. Sure injuries contributed.  With guys demanding minutes like Lander and Franklin I think he stands to lose the most even if he starts and Archie wants to bring Lander off the bench. 

My guess is we see Phinisee and Lander both starting. With one of them on the court at all times. 

Archie likes to have two ball handlers on the court at the same time.  When Healthy Phinisee has looked very good. If he’s not healthy could see him on the bench for Al or Armaan