Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Yea or Nay: give seniors another year of eligibility?

No. 
Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors all lost the same amount of time/opportunity as the seniors. Should we also give all of them another year?
Students on merit/academic scholarships are also losing out on things. Should we give them their scholarships for another year?

This sucks but sometimes life is not fair and people have to climb over hurdles and move on.

March 30 votefa29109adda74ad4d7c218cd642186c7.jpg&key=3306b22ee18f978fc5f0c0307bd4a908c70944c806c9f1419f0d6df41f627c42

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This would be ridiculous. I know it’s really hard for those guys to miss the tournament. It’s gut wrenching really, but it’s not fair to the others. The season was already over for most of the teams.

So for all the other players since they only get 3 chances at a post season instead of 4, do they get an extra year of eligibility as well???

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This would be ridiculous. I know it’s really hard for those guys to miss the tournament. It’s gut wrenching really, but it’s not fair to the others. The season was already over for most of the teams.

So for all the other players since they only get 3 chances at a post season instead of 4, do they get an extra year of eligibility as well???

I agree

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think they should have to stay with their current teams and only apply to seniors who teams had not been eliminated from the Tourney. 

The one I haven’t been able to figure out is scholarship fairness. Everybody has 13 available scholarships. Perfectly fair. IU is graduating 2 Srs. Michigan is graduating 3. Penn St is graduating 4. So if they all get another year, does IU play with 15 scholarship players, Michigan with 16 and Penn St with 17? Over the course of a long year that could potentially be wildly unfair. No chance this happens.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

The one I haven’t been able to figure out is scholarship fairness. Everybody has 13 available scholarships. Perfectly fair. IU is graduating 2 Srs. Michigan is graduating 3. Penn St is graduating 4. So if they all get another year, does IU play with 15 scholarship players, Michigan with 16 and Penn St with 17? Over the course of a long year that could potentially be wildly unfair. No chance this happens.

It might have an effect if the team suffers injuries but I doubt coaches start going 15 deep just because they have that many players. 

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

Green and Davis have already said they're moving on no matter what. They started selling their IU gear as soon as they could. 

I really hope it doesn't happen, because I can already hear the excuse-making next season if we lost to a team with seniors who came back. 

Do coaches get to say no thanks to a senior if this stupid, godforsaken exception is made?

Because I’m guessing there’s a lot of coaches with a lot of butt cheeks seniors that are banking on not having bad players/influences on their team in 20-21. 

This would somehow be worse than the charge rule in its current state. 

This would be worse than stepping in a puddle while wearing socks without shoes. 

This would be worse than catching an STD from Isaac Haas.