Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Nebraska Game Thread 3/11 @ 8:30 pm BTN

Franklin

Hunter

Thompson

Jackson-Davis

Phinisee

I think I like that young group a whole lot.   That group w/Durham, Smith, Brunk, and the freshmen give IU significant versatility.

Does anyone know why walk ons played and Anderson didn't?  Is he (Anderson) getting red-shirted?  Hurt?   He hasn't played in a while.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

Franklin

Hunter

Thompson

Jackson-Davis

Phinisee

I think I like that young group a whole lot.   That group w/Durham, Smith, Brunk, and the freshmen give IU significant versatility.

Does anyone know why walk ons played and Anderson didn't?  Is he (Anderson) getting red-shirted?  Hurt?   He hasn't played in a while.

He played too many games to redshirt.  Assumption is that he is transferring next year.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

He played too many games to redshirt.  Assumption is that he is transferring next year.

To clarify, your assumption or is that the common thought?  He was all smiles on the bench....

Just now, Old Friend said:

To clarify, your assumption or is that the common thought?  He was all smiles on the bench....

Not my assumption.  Think it's common thought.  He was all smiles on the bench, which IMO is more of an indicator that he's leaving than he's staying.  Typically not a lot of smiles from a scholarship player who gets a DNP-CD for over half the conference season.  

Just my opinion, but there has already been conversations between Anderson and Miller about Damezi moving on next year.

I wonder if the non-handshake had to do with our side being worried about what might've been going on with Hoiberg? Or is that gonna be standard practice from here out? ... Did anybody see the Minny-N'western game? Did they do the same? ... After 40 minutes of bumping and banging and sweating, it just seemed odd to eschew the typical handshakes afterward. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I wonder if the non-handshake had to do with our side being worried about what might've been going on with Hoiberg? Or is that gonna be standard practice from here out? ... Did anybody see the Minny-N'western game? Did they do the same? ... After 40 minutes of bumping and banging and sweating, it just seemed odd to eschew the typical handshakes afterward. 

Hoiberg has been confirmed to have influenza A and was sent back to the hotel. Nebraska Basketball’s Twitter account then sadly and very incorrectly stated influenza A was the “common cold”. It’s not and hopefully none of our players get it from their players. The non handshake line is pretty laughable after sweating all over each other the entire game. 

I don’t think I’ve ever been more happy to hear the words influenza type a before! Obviously never good for anyone to get sick, however, Hoiberg basically had a large portion of college basketball fans going bananas last night! Twitter was in full meltdown!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Help me.  Rob was 4-6 from the floor, had 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and just one TO.  Struggled?  How?

I think Class of 66 helped with perspective in an earlier reply that he was in early foul trouble so it seemed he was having a “quiet” night. You and 66 are correct however. Solid production from Rob as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I think Class of 66 helped with perspective in an earlier reply that he was in early foul trouble so it seemed he was having a “quiet” night. You and 66 are correct however. Solid production from Rob as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

For a 'per 40 minutes'? 

That comes out to 27 points, 9 rebounds, 21 assists (!), (and 12 fouls). BUT, we aren't going to be playing a B1G team as bad as Nebraska ever, ever, ever again.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Still feeling the euphoria of a night where we actually put it to an opponent and played some great team basketball.  Then I remind myself Nebraska was without its starting backcourt and only had 7 scholarship players on the bench.  So were we really that good or not?

The fact we trailed at any point is frankly unacceptable. 

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Still feeling the euphoria of a night where we actually put it to an opponent and played some great team basketball.  Then I remind myself Nebraska was without its starting backcourt and only had 7 scholarship players on the bench.  So were we really that good or not?

Not really. This was Nebraska's 17th straight loss. Minny beat them by about the same amount a few days ago.

On the other hand, we most certainly took care of business, which was the optimum result.

Good to see Armaan lead the four guards in minutes played.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I was really hoping both football players would have scored. That QB actually had a really nice pass to the o-lineman off a pick and roll.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was hoping so too. It was cool to see all the Indiana fans cheering for them even though the commentator thought it was the Nebraska fans who we all knew weren't there. 

On 3/15/2020 at 11:41 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Blau -

Just reviewing some stats from basketball season, and I haven't seen this tweeted yet, so here goes:  IU's Trayce Jackson-Davis set the program's freshman record with 270 rebounds.  That topped Noah Vonleh's 269 from 2013-14. TJD had 17 boards vs. Nebraska to get there.

TJD didn’t even get a whole season either. Had at least two more games