Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Nebraska Game Thread 3/11 @ 8:30 pm BTN

Limited experience behind similar scenes as my source...

I can’t imagine any circumstance in which Hoiberg either has COVID and doesn’t realize it and tries to tough it out OR thinks  he might have it and still coaches. My guess is he has something unrelated, tried working through it, and the worst case happened. 

Tone deaf for sure. It should have been made clear that he was COVID-free (given that he was tested and passed, which I again would be shocked if he wasn’t, especially being high-risk). 

Nebraska team is said to be quarantined at Banker's Life.  IU team has not been and is headed back to the hotel.

Read the same and doesn’t make any sense to quarantine just Nebraska after both teams just rubbed all over each other. B1G is a physical conference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Read the same and doesn’t make any sense to quarantine just Nebraska after both teams just rubbed all over each other. B1G is a physical conference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. Plus the facilities are now potentially compromised. At this point just have to hope everyone stays safe, those who are infected are identified early and have a quick recovery. And I extend those thoughts to the folks on this board. Stay safe everyone. This is going to be our new reality through at least summer.

Just now, Magnanimous said:

Agreed. Plus the facilities are now potentially compromised. At this point just have to hope everyone stays safe, those who are infected are identified early and have a quick recovery. And I extend those thoughts to the folks on this board. Stay safe everyone. This is going to be our new reality through at least summer.

Hopefully Hoiberg tests negative.  

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Jesus......Jeff Goodman reporting that Hoiberg starting feeling really bad earlier in the day....what was he thinking???

Yeah. If this is true like what du fuq were you thinking, Hoiberg? Let's just completely ignore what's going on in the world right now and go coach your 7-24 team of kids anyway in a packed arena. In all seriousness, I do hope he's ok. With his heart condition, if it is coronavirus, it could be very, very bad for him. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Limited experience behind similar scenes as my source...

I can’t imagine any circumstance in which Hoiberg either has COVID and doesn’t realize it and tries to tough it out OR thinks  he might have it and still coaches. My guess is he has something unrelated, tried working through it, and the worst case happened. 

Tone deaf for sure. It should have been made clear that he was COVID-free (given that he was tested and passed, which I again would be shocked if he wasn’t, especially being high-risk). 

Looked like you called it correctly.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Unfortunately, I get to hear from my wife how 'you men' treat the common cold like a life threatening disease.  

Hoiberg looked like death on the bench.

That's funny....and he sure did.