Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Nebraska Game Thread 3/11 @ 8:30 pm BTN

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Ok now going to be very annoyed if any of our starters have to play more than 20 minutes. 

Would love to see getting a lead and 

Franklin

Hunter

Davis

Race

All getting big minutes 

Yeah throughout the season the 10 man rotation has annoyed me at certain times. But honestly in a tournament like this that rotation will really help, at least for the first game and maybe the second depending on how it goes.

If there is a scenario where this team gets to Friday there should still be some pretty fresh legs considering it will be the third game in three days. 

Hoiberg confirms no Burke or Mack for the B1G tourney. Says Mack is away from the team dealing with a personal matter, and we already saw Burke's statement. Hoiberg stated that they are looking to add someone to the roster?

Nebraska will have 7 scholarship players available...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The pessimist in me sees us getting flummoxed by some gimmick defense. The fan in me wants these guys to play like they want to prove they don’t belong in a Wednesday game. 

Use whatever tshirt slogan you want, it’s time to win. This is how legacies get built. I don’t want to count on some anomaly like suddenly hitting 42% from 3. We are what we are at this point. So let’s be our best version of that. Play hard, throw our depth inside at them. Wear them down until they want to quit. 

I really don’t care about the BTT, but it doesn’t change that these are games, and therefore I want these guys to fight to win them. Then carry that to the NCAA. 

GO HOOSIERS!! 

As much as I want to see the Hoosiers win and a nice sweet run in the tournament that we could all enjoy over the next couple weeks, imagine this board if they lose on Wednesday lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

The pessimist in me sees us getting flummoxed by some gimmick defense. The fan in me wants these guys to play like they want to prove they don’t belong in a Wednesday game. 

Use whatever tshirt slogan you want, it’s time to win. This is how legacies get built. I don’t want to count on some anomaly like suddenly hitting 42% from 3. We are what we are at this point. So let’s be our best version of that. Play hard, throw our depth inside at them. Wear them down until they want to quit. 

I really don’t care about the BTT, but it doesn’t change that these are games, and therefore I want these guys to fight to win them. Then carry that to the NCAA. 

GO HOOSIERS!! 

There's not a lot of gimmicks that can be dreamed up when your starting guards are

1) Freshman Charley Easley: 13 TOs, 11 Assists, .179 3pt in ten mpg, 

Charlie Easley

and

2) Junior Jervay Green: 49 TOs, 50 Assists, .287 3pt, .488 ft in 24 mpg,

Green, Jervay

Hoiberg said that Mack is 'attending to personal matters' in Texas.

Hmmm.....considering he was suspended, either sounds like there are legal troubles there or Mack was basically told that he wouldn't be back on the roster and he just left school.  Burke at least tweeted that he appreciated the Husker fans and the chance Hoiberg gave him and that he would be spending the rest of the year concentrating on graduating.  I'd look for Burke to land on his feet somewhere next year.  Not so sure about Mack, which is a shame because he's got some talent.

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

There's not a lot of gimmicks that can be dreamed up when your starting guards are

1) Freshman Charley Easley: 13 TOs, 11 Assists, .179 3pt in ten mpg, 

Charlie Easley

and

2) Junior Jervay Green: 49 TOs, 50 Assists, .287 3pt, .488 ft in 24 mpg,

Green, Jervay

Their game without Burke and Mack at Minnesota was just weird.....107-75.  146 shots between the two teams and Minnesota scored 100 points from the field.  Nebraska scoring 75 points with the team they had seems impressive but they did it on 38% shooting and 23% from three.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I swear, the 6-7 300lb lineman will somehow have 35 rebounds and we will lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No way.

But if we're gonna be "realistic worriers", I can foresee the 300 lb lineman losing his balance and landing hard on TJD's limbs, as they both fall onto and splatter a newly-concussed Rob Phinisee.

Run away Rob.  Run away!

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

No way.

But if we're gonna be "realistic worriers", I can foresee the 300 lb lineman losing his balance and landing hard on TJD's limbs, as they both fall onto and splatter a newly-concussed Rob Phinisee.

Run away Rob.  Run away!

image.png.acc7a48da376d9b2979e8e929fd12885.png

No way.
Run away Rob.  Run away!

It’s just our luck in the BTT. Something stupid is always likely to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app