Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Wisconsin at IU Game Thread 03/07 12 PM ESPN

Reuvers, Potter, Trice, Davison and Ford are all better basketball players and have more basketball talent than just about everyone on IU minus TJD.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

None of those guys are that good. They play hard and play within the team framework. There is a reason Wisconsin has stayed good for so long and it is the same reason the New England patriots have stayed good. It’s not because they are filled with stud players, it’s the coaching and the system

At this time IU has 2 guards. Geronimo isn’t a guard and Lander isn’t for sure going to be in the 2020 class.

Everything is pointing to Lander being here next year. You can argue JG is a small forward but that still leaves us with 3/4 incoming recruits being guards. So, I think it would be crazy to bring in another guard or two giving 4/5 or 5/6 incoming players being guards. That was the post I was responding to

Well it was nice to see Archie with a little red @$$ after the game.  Stand up for the program rather than say a bunch of political correct bull crap.  

I’m going out on a limb.  Assuming we get in the tourney and don’t face a 1 seed right off the bat, we are going to make a little run.  It will be nice to see what this team can do outside the officiating of the WWF that is the Big10.  

Although I would agree that Green left his killer instinct in the locker room at the half, we would all be in the wrong not to give credit for that statistical anomaly to Wisconsin’s D’metrik Trice. Dude was all over him. Green wore him like some under armour cool gear. We haven’t seen much of it to recognize when it happens....it’s what people call “halftime adjustments”

Green rolled his ankle late in the first half and was limping the whole second half. He was obviously still fine enough to be out there, but he wasn't able to cut nearly as hard. Made him much easier to cover. May have been an adjustment, but I think the injury had as much or more to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is pointing to Lander being here next year. You can argue JG is a small forward but that still leaves us with 3/4 incoming recruits being guards. So, I think it would be crazy to bring in another guard or two giving 4/5 or 5/6 incoming players being guards. That was the post I was responding to

Yes but there are still summer classes that have to taken and those aren’t necessarily a sure thing for Lander. Good chance he passes them but you never know. I get what you were saying though.

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Yes but there are still summer classes that have to taken and those aren’t necessarily a sure thing for Lander. Good chance he passes them but you never know. I get what you were saying though.

I very seriously doubt he’s going to fail them.  Like I’ll bet my next paycheck on it 

I was at the game and it was very noticeable during the second half that Devonte was hurting. He tried to tough it out but honestly it just seemed like he wasn’t able to go full speed and if it wasn’t senior day I don’t think he would’ve played in the second half

I was at the game and it was very noticeable during the second half that Devonte was hurting. He tried to tough it out but honestly it just seemed like he wasn’t able to go full speed and if it wasn’t senior day I don’t think he would’ve played in the second half

It’s a shame he was hurt on his last game at Skodt Hall.

The most recent comments he has made on this suggest he could be done by the end of May.

16 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I think Landers is an intelligent student.  I have never met him personally, but I am fairly certain I have read from reputable sources on this board who are closer to the situation that Landers is intelligent.  I don't think he fails classes. 

Also posted in Lander's thread.

Nick Baumgart -

IU-commit Khristian Lander says if he stays on track, he could be done with his high school requirements by the end of May, and there's a possibility he could be a June arrival. Expect him in 2020. Will play AAU this spring and if Indy Heat advances to Peach Jam.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Also posted in Lander's thread.

Nick Baumgart -

IU-commit Khristian Lander says if he stays on track, he could be done with his high school requirements by the end of May, and there's a possibility he could be a June arrival. Expect him in 2020. Will play AAU this spring and if Indy Heat advances to Peach Jam.

Hot Diggity daffodil 

I think Landers is an intelligent student.  I have never met him personally, but I am fairly certain I have read from reputable sources on this board who are closer to the situation that Landers is intelligent.  I don't think he fails classes. 

The point is I don’t know what courses he has to take and neither does anyone else on here. To just assume that he will pass is foolish. Who knows maybe he has to get a certain score. Do I think he’ll pass? Yes I do but I’m not going to assume anything.

9 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The point is I don’t know what courses he has to take and neither does anyone else on here. To just assume that he will pass is foolish. Who knows maybe he has to get a certain score. Do I think he’ll pass? Yes I do but I’m not going to assume anything.

Actually we do know.  This is what he told Jon Blau of the Bloomington newspaper.

48 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Athletes who are At least trying to pass don’t fail in our academic system 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This was in an Evansville Courier & Press story about 10-days ago.

Boasting a 3.8 grade-point average, he only needs two extra classes to graduate early from Reitz but isn’t certain of all the details.

Smart kid