Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Wisconsin at IU Game Thread 03/07 12 PM ESPN

Race was hit in the face by Durham so no flagrant possible. 

Not true. Go back and watch. He was first raked across the face by Ruevers and then fell back and was hit again by Durham.

It was the rake by Ruevers that dislodged him and allowed him to grab the rebound and put it back up for the bucket and a foul. All of which happened AFTER he hit Race in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

First seniors in like 50 years to maybe not make the tourney

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And this is the 4th year in a row in which we did not have better than a .500 record in the Big Ten. The last time that happened was during the 1930-1934 seasons.

11 minutes ago, tomallenfan said:

For some reason, a lot of people hated Verdell a lot. I never understood it.

I agree. Many were pissed that he was not a great player but he never had “great player” talent. I was just glad he gutted it out during some tough years.

Just finished watching. Finally didn’t have someone text me or see an ESPN update to ruin the outcome for me.

Bleep Wis-bleeping-consin and our bleeping inept bleeping offense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, tomallenfan said:

I think some people cannot even visualize rules of social engagement that do not include a hero and a scapegoat.  Without those two characters created, they are lost, and they will try to create them for the rest of us often employing the underlying fundamental principal that if you say something enough times, then it becomes true.

Look around you.  Even though it is a dying social model, many, many, many people know no other rules of social engagement, and could never conceive living in a world where a hero and a scapegoat do not exist.  The possibility that other, more successful social models even exist has never entered their imagination.  Many people live according to social rules of engagement that do not use the hero/scapegoat model, but I am nearly certain you have noticed that lots and lots of people need the comfort a hero and a scapegoat provide in order to navigate their journeys through their respective worlds, primarily consisting of groups filled with like-minded people.  It's easier in the short term that way.  

4 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

I think some people cannot even visualize rules of social engagement that do not include a hero and a scapegoat.  Without those two characters created, they are lost, and they will try to create them for the rest of us often employing the underlying fundamental principal that if you say something enough times, then it becomes true.

Look around you.  Even though it is a dying social model, many, many, many people know no other rules of social engagement, and could never conceive living in a world where a hero and a scapegoat do not exist.  The possibility has never entered their imagination.  Many people live according to social rules of engagement that do not use the hero/scapegoat model, but I am nearly certain you have noticed that lots and lots of people need a hero and a scapegoat in order to navigate their journeys through the world.  

Such an excellent take.

Verdell Jones, for instance, was/is a really good guy that had many many good and not as good moments as a dedicated, motivated Hoosier b-ball player.

When Verdell got hurt in that BTT game his SR season I felt as badly for him as I've ever felt for an athlete. He was asked to be something he wasn't capable of being but he always brought effort I thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk